Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Archive Challenges

Can we please stop making challenges that require either god-tier skill or potato lobbies?

Comments

• What requires skill in these challenges? Most level 4 challenges especially in earlier compendiums just require dumb luck and time.

• KaitsjaKaitsja Member Posts: 513

Hit 15 Survivor(s) with the Huntress's hatchets. Complete this challenge in a single trial.

You need either god-tier skill or a lobby of noobs.

• MikeasaurusMikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,313

Just to add to that: Heroic Virtue.

Every single match, they all stand there in the exit gate taunting and T-Bagging and not leaving. It's so frustrating when they need to leave before I can for this stupid challenge, which ends up with me dead on hook because of them.

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,312

where exactly is the challenge in these challanges if they can be done just by playing normal?

The only problem i have is with challenges like the iron maiden one, because it doesn´t need you to do anything, but rather someone else to do something. But that is not in your hand. Hitting with 15 hatchets is hard, but it lies in your hand, same with 4 survivors in the basement. (yes, a map with a central basement is better for that, but there are map offerings).

btw, the 4 gens with dark sense is easy, you take dark sense and bond. you dont have to do the whole gen, you just have to work on it when it finishes.

• Fog_KingFog_King Member Posts: 688

I do believe some of these challenges require too much luck or too much time to be done. The Dark Sense one makes you forget everything else and just do gens or else you won't get the challenge done. If the killer finds you and chases you, you probably won't get it done. The one with sacrificing 4 survivors in the basement can be just screwed if someone DC's.

The Iron Maiden one is pure luck, to use the perk and find someone inside the locker. The Dwight one is super annoying, makes you do nothing just to be near the killer and not found for 60 seconds. The Huntress one is very annoying and I'm a bad Huntress, so no way I could do that.

Some challenges are so annoying because, at least in my case, if I can't do them in the like 3 matches (I mean the master challenges) I start getting frustrated and the more I fail, the more it frustates me. Of course I can change challenges and I do and usually, after I do, I meet the requirements that I was looking for before and now I don't have that challenge selected...

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Dark Sense one means you have to avoid the killer, find your teammates who are about to finish a gen, and make sure that 3 gens don't pop back to back, because if they do, you can't complete the challenge. If you're unlucky enough to be the first survivor found and downed, and your teammate complete 2 gens while you're on the hook, again, you can't complete it. Requires a bit too much pre-planning and relying on your teammates doing gens, but NOT finishing them.

• KaitsjaKaitsja Member Posts: 513

You're missing the point. The point is that while they are difficult, they're designed around survivors not playing optimally. Iron Maiden locker grab is only doable with yellow ranks. Two gen grabs in a single trial while using discordance? Only doable if the survivors ignore you and continue to do gens in your face.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of a challenge, but asking it to be done in a single trial can be a bit much.

• cloudfacecloudface Member Posts: 93

😑

Second day of wasting hours trying to do a "kill all 4 survivors" challenge...DCs when hooked, keys, SWFs genrushing and being toxic if I try use a mori and oh boy DCing when downed so buddy can hatch escape-it's been such fun!

• Ghouled_MojoGhouled_Mojo Member Posts: 1,699

Sometimes you have to force cooperation with some challenges like the one with Iron Maiden. I used LF because ppl are more likely to jump in a locker with a chainsaw. If timed right, you can grab as the chainsaw ends.

kill all 4 in the basement is a situational plus forced cooperation. Trapper with agitation and iron grasp. Most basements are easy to trap every exit and survivors tend to come help each other the more screwed they all are. Insidious helps with this as well. Or even PWYF because you can cover some ground carrying a survivor with three pips and the above perks.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,876

The challenge has been the bane of my existence.

Apparently all the other survivors I play against can't help themselves but bm the Killer and somehow I'm usually the person who gets forced out.

Once I even sacrificed myself and let the killer down and hook me only to see other two just waiting at exit and it was only after I had died and the killer went to go check up on the butt dance show did they leave

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,312

You read my post? I excluded the ones like iron maiden and the 2-gen-grab, because they depend on others to play a certain way. But how is escaping with no mither (which is listed in the post) designed around survivors not playing optimally (other than using no mither in the first place). How is finishing 4 gens while using a certain perk designed around survivors not playin optimally (while i agree the optimal why would be all survivors genrush, in reallity it seldom happens with solo players, and swf can make this stuff easy anyway.)

Note plz that even if you started the thread, i am not replying exclusive to you.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 5,962
  • Jyn_MojitoJyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515
    edited September 2020

I think someone mentioned using the perk 'For The People' at the exit gates for the Obsession challenge. As long as the Killer isn't on your heels trying to chase you off the Entity's Lawn, should be viable.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 5,962

I know it's doable, all the challenges on that list are. It's not whether or not they're doable but rather how obnoxious they are because you're relying on rng, teammates, or killer's load out.

• MikeasaurusMikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,313

Oh I feel your pain. I've literally tried to make the killer chase me toward the gate in hopes he'll kick the others out and they still insist on t-bagging away while I'm being carried off. I swear some of them know what challenge you're doing!

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Still working on the dumb dwight challenge. But it's hard without being an absolutely awful teammate. You have to go out of your way to chase the killer instead of doing gens/anything else unless you have a map offering. (Which I tried, but then I got a Nurse, and she played very mean)