Dead by Daylight Crashing randomly

ShyRyShyRy Member Posts: 9

This has been happening for about a week or 2 now. Happens almost every time I play the game. No error message is displayed, it just freezes up then exits the game. Here's an example video I took

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Monitor Model: Acer X34

Tagged:

Comments

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod Posts: 733

No error codes in your Event Viewer?
    Amount of RAM you have in your system, I am actually presuming from your PC specs that it is 8GB+

It's hard to make out from the video but I'm not sure if I'm hearing a sort of sound loop at the end, can you check your Graphics Driver and let me know which one you are currently using?

Most often these types of crashes are caused by Visual C++ crashing - I will link you the master fixes thread below, there is information there about how to reinstall these (there is a specific order), to try to fix the issue. You will find the information under Common Buggy Dependencies.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/153/master-fixes-and-general-guidelines#latest

• ShyRyShyRy Member Posts: 9

I'm using version 399.24. And I'm using 16gb of RAM.

I also tried reinstalling the Visual C++ and the same instance of crashing happens.

Any error codes in your event viewer? If you have no error codes at all, I'd suggest downloading Who's Crashed - it's a free programme and it will produce a log with a specific error when crashes happen so it is easier to pinpoint exactly what is causing the issue. Also monitor your temperatures, just to make sure this is not an issue as obviously your system should be able to run the game comfortably without issues.

I had tried using Who's Crashed but it's not giving me any error dumps. And my temps seem to be normal.
    I am still having the same type of crash unfortunately.

It's also now crashing during the loading screens.

edited October 6

Ok, can you get me your log file (please do this straight after the crash, so it's easier for me to pinpoint the issue) ?

Details of what I need are found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/44/how-to-report-an-issue#latest

You can upload it to this thread.

Maybe I'm not doing it right but I have no log file in that folder. I did this right after a crash too.

That is very strange, I've just checked my own logs to compare - there's a file on mine that says "DeadByDaylight" - nothing else, it's a text file and it's the actual log (despite it not saying log). But looking on your capture, you don't even have this file.

I'm going to suggest you contact support directly https://support.deadbydaylight.com and hopefully they will be able to help you further.

• powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 2,970
    edited October 11

@MandyTalk said:
    That is very strange, I've just checked my own logs to compare - there's a file on mine that says "DeadByDaylight" - nothing else, it's a text file and it's the actual log (despite it not saying log). But looking on your capture, you don't even have this file.

I'm going to suggest you contact support directly https://support.deadbydaylight.com and hopefully they will be able to help you further.

@ShyRy

I had the same issue and mine wasn't where It said it was either and was in fact a different place in the thread that @MandyTalk helped me in. It might be the either the sound drivers since I've got Nvidia also. Since you're on Win64 bit check this location for the log file.

C:\Users\your folder here\AppData\Local\CrashReportClient\Saved\Logs is where it's at

It'll say** CrashReportClient.Log**

Just make sure where it says your folder here you don't post your actual folder name.

@powerbats
    This was in the folder you had told me about, I see the CrashReportClient but it has no .log Would that be it?
    If this doesn't work ill try support.

@ShyRy said:
    @powerbats
    This was in the folder you had told me about, I see the CrashReportClient but it has no .log Would that be it?
    If this doesn't work ill try support.

Yes, it's the ones you can post them all as attachments for @MandyTalk to look at.

Also @Mandytalk can you add that as info for other Win 10 x64 bit users so they're aware that MS puts the folder in that different spot?

@powerbats
    They have my name in them. Should I just clip them?

@MandyTalk
    Here are the crash files from Oct. 10, the last time it crashed.

@ShyRy I'll have a look at the log files tomorrow - it's late with me now and I'm sleepy. I'm going to guess at a ntdll error from glancing at those logs.

@powerbats mine haven't moved, they're in the correct place but no longer say log file, just dead by daylight but it is the full log. Not sure why you've both got them in different places - I'll check that out as well, as I'm also using Win 10.

@MandyTalk said:
    @ShyRy I'll have a look at the log files tomorrow - it's late with me now and I'm sleepy. I'm going to guess at a ntdll error from glancing at those logs.

@powerbats mine haven't moved, they're in the correct place but no longer say log file, just dead by daylight but it is the full log. Not sure why you've both got them in different places - I'll check that out as well, as I'm also using Win 10.

Are you on x64 bit as well since that seems to be the common denominator for both of the crash error reports being in a different spot. Also I've got Nvidia GeForce Experience App installed but i don't always have it running in background either.

yes I'm on x64 also have GEForce Experience on, I use it for Shadowplay mostly...as I don't use it to update drivers - I clean drivers off first with DDU prior to updating them and then only download them directly from Nvidia.

• Red_DwarfRed_Dwarf Member Posts: 26
    edited October 12

I'm experiencing the same types of crashes, along with the occasional stuttering. I have literally tried EVERYTHING. The recent builds of Windows 10 supposedly can be causing problems, so I rolled back to the 1607 build. I don't notice the freezing as much now, but I have crashed a couple times. Only other thing that I have recently tried is when playing DBD, I remove the overclock on my gpu, and make sure MSI Afterburner is closed. So far, I'm crash free, but more time will tell.

• Red_DwarfRed_Dwarf Member Posts: 26

When I check my DBD crash logs, it's the same thing. "Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0007)"

• PipmalicePipmalice Member Posts: 15

I have the same issue, it seems happen most often on red forest, havn't been able to finish a match on that map for ages

@Red_Dwarf @Pipmalice post your crash logs and tag @MandyTalk