The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Recommended, unwritten Code of Conduct in Dead by Daylight

2»

Comments

• SkarkioSkarkio Member Posts: 535
    edited September 2018

@Giche

I know

There are things in the game that irken me too, for example I really hate when hillbillys one hit down me, or when a killer whack me while I'm in the hook, but I understand that is part of the game.

The difference between me and people with this type of mindset is: I dont tell my opponents how they must play

I don't make countless threads asking to nerf hillbillies, DS, palletloops hookwhacking Etc.

i just play both as survivor and killer and try to adapt to every new change that patchs bring onto the game

I respect your right to one hatchet down me with the huntress when I play survivor or your right to use DS if you are playing as survivor, I ask in return you to respect my right to play killer as I deemed fit

Its called playing the game as adult, otherwhise I would play disney princess games or penguin club games (I'm speaking especifically about me, not shaming others)

• Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Orion said:
    Why are all the Killer "recommended code of conduct rules" playing sub-optimally, while most of the Survivor ones are "don't be an [BAD WORD]"?

Because killer should give extra chances to survivor on top of their extra chances.

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208

@S0ckenSchuss said:
    That are (think so) the main reasons for that what makes the community toxic.

sub-optimally is a point to discuss. As said, what is optimal and what is not? If your points are good at end of round, both could be optimal. And survs dont have many options to do something against this toxication, just not beeing a**holes =) As killers dont go to a corner and wait, so survs dont wait for being catched. And all tools they have are pallets, windows, flashlights, toolboxes, medikits and perks are common tools to use. Flahslight saves are more difficult now, DS and things i already wrote about. They dont need to stop running, maybe they could stop looping the same object, ok, but the long infinite loops are also patched next time. And if the killer is not stupid, he wont chase someone in an infinite loop.

Of course camping and tunneling are officially "tactics" and ways to play, but its about the fun.

You have additional ideas?

Explain me how tunneling is not the optimal strategy? In a game where it is all about time management it is the most optimal way to remove 1 survivor ASAP.

I am open for arguments if you have any

• UtnaUtna Member Posts: 186

@BigBlackMori said:

@Utna said:
    I'm with you here @S0ckenSchuss. Well , I might tunnel more than you'd like to, but I don't enjoy it particullary ... and I wouldn't do it if I didn't suck as a killer, and I wonder why I can't practice and get better playing survivors with roughly the same skill level as me. Anyways ...

Since there seems to be a lot of videogame nihilistic players out there, thinking that honor and respect are useless, I'd recommand an in game self-ban button. In real life, when you play cards in a club, no one is obliged to play with people who are rude and disrepectfull. There is no need for a written codex ; all you do is not playing at the table with rude people. In DBD there should be a button to prevent being paired with a specific toxic player. That way, there would be no need of moderation whatsoever, because rude kids would be recongnized by each players and be banned individually from their games. After some time, we can imagine those bratts having fewer and fewer people to play with, until they find themselves waiting too long for a game, and quit the game entirely.

But this is also a double edged solution, since any self rightous player might bann too many people for no reason and slowly exclude themselves from the games.

Playing to win is not being rude or disrespectful. You seem to think that survivors are entitled to have infinite second chances, but nobody cares about their made-up rules. Hell, give me a ban button - i'd never play against an SWF'er again, and be happy to wait as long as I had to for quality games.

You guessed wrong. When I'm saying "rude kids", I'm talking about survivors of course. Killer can't do much to annoy me anymore ... beside early game face camping (but I didn't seen for ages). Now what I call toxic survivors are not people playing to win, because every one tries ; Toxic people are bullying other players just for the sake of their own sadistic fun, or blood point farming while holding someone else hostage into the game.

To illustrate what I mean, here's an example I ran into a couple of days ago:

Playing as the clown, I succeeded into having the last generators relatively close to each other ... so I started patrolling them and kicking them with Overcharge. The problem is those generators where in cornfield and I suck at spotting survivors from a distance, but all in all, when generators are close like that, I catch at least 1 survivor eventually.

Turns out the remaining survivors where good at hiding and they where probably SWF on voice comms, because right after each time I've finished kicking one generator, the opposite one Overcharged, letting me know that I had to run over there and stop its progression (or game over). After a while and since the the coordination between the Overcharge notifications was flawless, I figured that they didn't even tried to fully repair a generator. Those survivors where just having fun making me run around in circles while they knew exactly where I was and had plenty of time to hide out of sight. This lasted around 5-10 minutes until I decided for the first time ever to diconnect, because I 'wasn't playing a DBD game anymore ...

NOR WAS THEY !

So here, this is why I think ethics are important ; it is important because some people needs to be constantly reminded that trapping someone into a situation where he can be farmed, but can't do anything about it is SO WRONG. If this was us playing a boardgame in real life, someone having this kind of behaviour would be immediately spotted and banned for some time, and I hardly see why it would be different in video games.

• IncarnateIncarnate Member Posts: 630

@Utna said:

You guessed wrong. When I'm saying "rude kids", I'm talking about survivors of course. Killer can't do much to annoy me anymore ... beside early game face camping (but I didn't seen for ages). Now what I call toxic survivors are not people playing to win, because every one tries ; Toxic people are bullying other players just for the sake of their own sadistic fun, or blood point farming while holding someone else hostage into the game.

To illustrate what I mean, here's an example I ran into a couple of days ago:

Playing as the clown, I succeeded into having the last generators relatively close to each other ... so I started patrolling them and kicking them with Overcharge. The problem is those generators where in cornfield and I suck at spotting survivors from a distance, but all in all, when generators are close like that, I catch at least 1 survivor eventually.

Turns out the remaining survivors where good at hiding and they where probably SWF on voice comms, because right after each time I've finished kicking one generator, the opposite one Overcharged, letting me know that I had to run over there and stop its progression (or game over). After a while and since the the coordination between the Overcharge notifications was flawless, I figured that they didn't even tried to fully repair a generator. Those survivors where just having fun making me run around in circles while they knew exactly where I was and had plenty of time to hide out of sight. This lasted around 5-10 minutes until I decided for the first time ever to diconnect, because I 'wasn't playing a DBD game anymore ...

NOR WAS THEY !

So here, this is why I think ethics are important ; it is important because some people needs to be constantly reminded that trapping someone into a situation where he can be farmed, but can't do anything about it is SO WRONG. If this was us playing a boardgame in real life, someone having this kind of behaviour would be immediately spotted and banned for some time, and I hardly see why it would be different in video games.

You nailed it pretty good though - "Toxic people are bullying other players just for the sake of their own sadistic fun, or blood point farming while holding someone else hostage into the game."

People should play the game and not some other toxic game within the game! I agree, players who're bullying other players should be punished for it!