Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

default settings of Engine.ini data?

Can someone provide me all default settings of this data in the WindowsNoEditor folder of DbD?
I want to tweak around the settings for better performance. I found one from a steam discussion but this one was to extreme low graphics. I want to tweak it a little bit. 
Can some one help me out please?

Answers

• ShortCircuitShortCircuit Member Posts: 2
    If you want to set all your files to default you can delete all of your files in the dbd folder (it won't delete your save don't worry) and then right click the game in the steam library, then go to properties, and the verify your games files. It'll take a few minutes but it will make your games settings go to default as well as the windows no editor file which you can make a copy paste of if you need it for someone else.
  • AnotherRandyAnotherRandy Member Posts: 274

@ShortCircuit said:
    If you want to set all your files to default you can delete all of your files in the dbd folder (it won't delete your save don't worry) and then right click the game in the steam library, then go to properties, and the verify your games files. It'll take a few minutes but it will make your games settings go to default as well as the windows no editor file which you can make a copy paste of if you need it for someone else.

Thanks for that, the problem is the default data has nearly nothing in it. I need like a list of tweaks I can use and which numbers they affect the graphic quality. For example: set distance=100 to get the highest quality, set distance=0 to get highest performance.
    U know what I mean? Can't really explain because I'm not really good in English

• Grey87Grey87 Member Posts: 346

@AnotherRandy said:

@ShortCircuit said:

Thanks for that, the problem is the default data has nearly nothing in it. I need like a list of tweaks I can use and which numbers they affect the graphic quality. For example: set distance=100 to get the highest quality, set distance=0 to get highest performance.

Well, then you're not asking for a "DEFAULT SETTINGS" anymore , are you?

@Grey87 said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@ShortCircuit said:

Well, then you're not asking for a "DEFAULT SETTINGS" anymore , are you?

How can I explain it... Like I need all tweaks how they would be without changing it, I need the values.. Damn I'm so bad at explaining, I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out. This is so sad, I'm dropping so much fps

edited September 2018

For example this one here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/d069eazk8ru5x9e/dem inis.rar?dl=0&file_subpath=/Engine.ini

I need to know what are the basic values and which values will provide more quality/performance so I can get my personal best ratio between both. Because this right now is to extreme low quality and I don't need it so low for good performance

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

He's asking which lines he can add to the Engine.ini file that the game will understand and effect changes based on those lines. To answer your question, OP, probably none - at least not without getting banned.

@Orion said:
    He's asking which lines he can add to the Engine.ini file that the game will understand and effect changes based on those lines. To answer your question, OP, probably none - at least not without getting banned.

Did u took a look into the Dropbox link? There is one example of changes which are not bannable as far as I know, since there are tons of those in the steam community shared and devs never said anything about that.
    It's already working for me, I got finally constant 60 fps again without lag spikes or drops, but the quality is extreeem low and I want to push em a bit higher as far as my pc can handle it

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

@AnotherRandy said:

@Orion said:

Did u took a look into the Dropbox link? There is one example of changes which are not bannable as far as I know, since there are tons of those in the steam community shared and devs never said anything about that.
    It's already working for me, I got finally constant 60 fps again without lag spikes or drops, but the quality is extreeem low and I want to push em a bit higher as far as my pc can handle it

I did not take a look at that link. I'm just saying that editing the game files can trigger EAC, and if EAC is triggered, it will get you banned. However, I'm assuming I explained your question correctly, yes?

edited September 2018

@Orion said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@Orion said:

I did not take a look at that link. I'm just saying that editing the game files can trigger EAC, and if EAC is triggered, it will get you banned. However, I'm assuming I explained your question correctly, yes?

Yes pretty much, I just need to know how the valued are affecting performance/quality. Thanks for that man.
    Btw, did the devs published some kind of list of ALL things which will lead to a ban? I'm curious what files are allowed to edit and which not. Gameusersettings for example is 100% allowed, not_Queen told this back then