Home Discussions General Discussions

The Pig and The Blight have one thing in common

Why do their power attacks not count as a basic for perk synergy, but NURSE gets to?

Comments

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Because what other choice does Nurse have? She moves extremely slow. Half the perks would be utterly useless on her if they didn’t.

• Ghost_Face_MainGhost_Face_Main Member Posts: 366

Touche, but that's besides the point. Nurse's mobility is completely dependable on her blinks, yes, but why can't other killers whose powers are also nothing more than a basic attack with extra steps not have synergy like Nurse? Blight with instadown perks is then limited as a pure m1 killer vs the exposed, and Pig suffers from the same with her long but slow start up ambush lunge.

• SurpriseSurpriseSurpriseSurprise Member Posts: 1,527
    edited September 2020

Balancing reasons.

Blight with NOED/HauntedGrounds + a perk like Infectious Fright will make short work of survivors close together if they're good with their ability.

Not sure why with Pig though.

• jdcabraljdcabral Member Posts: 1,931

I'm thankful Pig's ambush doesn't count as a basic attack because I love STBFL on her

• MojoTheFabulousMojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 1,678

Because they aren't basic attacks and it should be pretty obvious why.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,721

As much as I love Save The Best For Last peg I feel like people over exaggerate how useful it is.

In the grand scheme of things it's great but I would prefer having a lot of my synergy back

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,859

That's something I wondered myself. By consistency Nurse's blink attacks should not be considered normal attacks, especially since they have a separate cooldown and some perks like STBL already don't work with them.

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 1,699

Pig's attack is a special attack, much like Legion's (who's attacks also don't count for basic attacks, despite literally just being an M1 that makes you mend)

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Nurse isn't using her ability to actually hit people. She is just using her power to get close enough to hit people. Pig and Blight use their power to hit people.

I agree, Blight should have their attack similar to Spirit or Nurse instead of how it is now. It is way too easy to whiff an attack as Blight when in the power, at least on Console.