Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback

Mod Responses

arcnkdarcnkd Member Posts: 446
edited September 2020 in Forum Feedback

Why are Mod responses and such so sporadic in the forums? Usually, if I see a Mod response, it's almost always either a remark on positive-comment/dev-praise threads; or to shutdown an idea with "we won't change that/we thought about that/some other PR line"; but then there are suggestion after suggestion after suggestion; comment after comment; feedback after feedback; that get zero Mod response --- so much so that it feeds into the generally accepted fact that Moderators/Devs do not pay attention to their forums and only have them so players can "vent".

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Bulbasaur2008Bulbasaur2008 Member Posts: 82

It is not easy to keep up with feedback forum while you are playing table tennis. Also, they probably browse 9gag or something - more entertaining.

• RepostRiposteRepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

Well if you were a mod/dev which comment would you choose to respond to:

The nice, flowery one full of praise and licking your boots

Or the furious basement-dweller ready to tear you to pieces because Kate isn't allowed to wear a flower crown and a t-shirt at the same time

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 4,460

Most Mod responses are in private, and only when warranted. There are a lot of us and a lot of posts. Just because we think something demands personalized attention, doesn't mean it does.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 19,926

There are also other sections of the forums. Look on the right, how many do you see? All of those have to be moderated.

It's not an easy job, and nor is it actually their job to respond and provide information. Their job is to uphold the rules of the forums and anything else they do is something extra on top.

• arcnkdarcnkd Member Posts: 446

If I was a dev-mod on a forum, I would respond to as many suggestion/remarks/comments/concerns as possible - without PR bullcrap - to make sure my playerbase knew that they were being heard and that things were actually being take into consideration.

• RizzoRizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 13,218

This forum has tons of threads and posts made every single day, we cannot answer to everything, we would love to have the time to do it, but you have to realize that what you are asking for is a task that would require a huge amount of work.

On top of that we live in different timezones from one another, which also means some of us are active at different times, but trust me, we do pay attention to the forum and the devs do pay attention to feedback, even if you don't see an answer there.

(Just to be clear, even if we commented on every single feedback post, it wouldn't still be up to us to take decisions for something in game, it's not our job)

• arcnkdarcnkd Member Posts: 446

Asking for response to everything is unreasonable, I agree. But asking for more responses than what you see currently isn't too much... but again, I suppose this is more directed to the Mods that are also on the dev-teams and what not than just forum moderators.