Home Technical Issues
We're currently investigating an issue impacting rank resets on all platforms. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned for more info!

Mouse Lags after closing the game.

2»

Comments

• HDivineShadowHDivineShadow Member Posts: 13

I have also been having this issue since the trickster release but besides the mouse lagging I also get a memory access violation from the game when I exit. I didn't see anyone else mention that but my symptoms are the same but with the extra memory access violation report.

I have Windows 10 Pro and run the game purchased through the Microsoft store.

• Volvoxt_opsVolvoxt_ops Member Posts: 26
    edited April 9

Edit: The fix below doesn't work anymore

I found a solution that hopefully will work for everyone else, even though it's something to do with the game, downloading all the optional Windows 10 updates fixed the problem for me, you won't be notified of these updates so even though it says that your Windows version is up to date, you will still need to check for these ones manually: Open your search bar and type "Check for updates", then just click the check for updates option, you should get a list of a few optional updates, install all of them, good luck to everyone experiencing this, I hope it works for everybody

Post edited by Volvoxt_ops on
  • celticsagecelticsage Member Posts: 1

i also want to let everyone know that i just got this game i too have this issue i do not use a controller, however one key thing to note is that i Got my copy from Steam NOT windows store or via Xbox pass...

• Lakshya01Lakshya01 Member Posts: 42

thank god I'm not the one who suffering from this issue, this same thing happens with me everytime. hope next patch resolve this!

• G4M3RGR1LLG4M3RGR1LL Member Posts: 1

I am having this mouse lag issues as well, I play through Steam, I've never used a controller. It has done this on numerous occasions. It's not an all-the-time thing, but definitely a few times a week, enough to be very annoying.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 6,398

It seems to be something to do with the game not properly closing down, at least from what other people have managed to work out. Still not sure why that's a thing though

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 1,799

Sometimes my game will cause my computer to slowdown to a crawl until the computer auto suspends it.

It will continue to do this every time i close the game until i verify the game then it will be fixed for a while until it starts happening again.

Also despite the verification always saying there are no corrupted files what I think is easy anti cheat always reinstalls a file the first time I turn the game back on after a verification.

Do we have any new details on this issue?

That's not EAC doing that, it's steam. You can try clearing your steam cache (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3134-TIAL-4638) and THEN verify as other users have said this helps. :)

• VolarusVolarus Member Posts: 4

Having the same problem. Windows user. No controller. The game isn't running in task manager. I know this is being looked into, just giving my story, thanks.

• LombiLombi Member Posts: 3

This happens to me too, when the game "closes" and makes your mouse pinter lag press Ctrl + Shift + ESC and terminate the DeadByDaylight.exe process, one thing that may help the developers fix it is that the process is in "Suspended" status when this happens.

Yeah, there WAS a controller issue. I'm not sure if that's been resolved. Haven't heard anything further unfortunately.

• ZyieZyie Member Posts: 3

Same thing happens for me. I've been playing on game pass for PC for a few months now, and this issue has come and gone a few times in between updates. I can't remember what updates this issue went away for me, but it currently happens every single time I turn the game off, including the couple of times when game has crashed for me.

Opening up task manager stops the mouse from lagging, but as soon as I click outside that window, the lag is back. The lag stays for ~30 seconds, or until I force close the game in task manager, whichever happens first.

I do not use a controller to play, and the issue is the same whether or not I have a controller plugged in. I do have a corsair keyboard and mouse, and iCUE to go with them, the issue happens regardless of if iCUE is on in the background or not.

The issue also happens for my brother, who plays on the same version. We're both on Windows 10, but different updates. I'm on 20H2, not sure what version my brother is on, but an older version.

The only programs that we both have running, is discord and Kapersky antivirus.

If there's any other info that I could add to help narrow down the cause, I'd be more than happy to help. While this bug is not the end of the world, it is a rather tedious one that I'd love to see squished asap.

Since you mentioned Corsair, do you have the ability to set your mouse polling rate? Just because other folks have suggested lowering that can help.

• MiguelMayersMiguelMayers Member Posts: 8

Holy, I have the exact same issue as you! I’m so glad to hear it’s not my fault

I tried changing the polling rate from 1000hz (the highest it will go for my mouse) down to 125hz (the lowest my mouse will go), no change unfortunately, nor has the update today fixed the issue (though I do like a lot of the changes made in the recent update! So kudos on that).

I have the same issue and just kill it with task manager without closing it normally. Works great.

• amnoamno Member Posts: 1

hi, I'm having the exact same issue but using the game on steam. I use a controller and a mouse.

I hope there'll be a fix soon, but it's good to know it's being looked into, thank you!

Hmm, a few restarts now after the patch, and I don't get the lag. In my previous post I assumed that my game had auto-updated, but it hadn't. Before the patch I was still having the lag issue, currently after the patch it hasn't happened. It shouldn't be related to the controller fix in the patch, since it happened both when I had a controller connected or not.

Apparently the controller fix may not be fixed as some users have reported it's still an issue. No update on that unfortunately other than they know it's still an issue.

• GReapsGReaps Member Posts: 1

Hey, I'm also a Windows user that got the game from Steam, I do not use a controller and have this issue since the new update came out. The first time it occurred I thought it was my PC and didn't bother checking task manager and it restarted my windows. Then I noticed it only happened with DBD and decided to investigate, it seemed like the game kept running even after it closed. Now I know how to deal with it, but I'm worried it might cause issues with crashing my windows again.

Just wanted to leave my experience here in case it helps to get a fix.

I have the same issue, but I don’t have any issues with other games. I’ve run all hardware tests, memtest86, Prime95, Superposition, but everything was OK. You won’t have the issue if you kill it in task manager instead of closing it normally.