Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Disappearing Scratch Marks - And Bloodstains

TricksTricks Member Posts: 957
edited September 2020 in General Discussions

As the title says, Intermittently disappearing scratch marks (and blood stains) - When is this being fixed or was this an intended game breaking level shadow nerf for all Killers

Post edited by Tricks on

Comments

• RepostRiposteRepostRiposte Member Posts: 793

I think they made them clip under certain textures like Ormond snow/Red Forest gravel.

• TricksTricks Member Posts: 957

So this was intentional? this is just how the game is going to be from now on? ######### no I'm done.

• Zucker_SchockZucker_Schock Member Posts: 511

If the Survivor has Poised, the scratch marks will be interrupted for 6/8/10 seconds if a generator is completed.

Same with some other perks like "Dance with me" for 3 seconds.

And yeah like @Tricks said there are some positions where scratch marks arent visible, its intended to be occluded by grass but stuff like textures shouldn't effect them.

edited September 2020

So if there actually is a bug with the textures its most certainly not intended. I havent encountered it yet. There was a time with phantom scratch marks but as far as i know that isnt as severe any more.

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 3,600

I keep getting moments where the scratches just have a huge delay before they show up.

I was playing on the game and had a survivor trapped behind one of the long wall loops with the pallet in the middle. I broke the pallet and they ran right, left, right and i thought they ran left again after checking the doorway and seeing no blood or scratches, so i ran left and around. Nobody was there, i did a loop of the tile and still nobody, looked at the doorway and watched the scratches and blood quickly appear and then fade as if it was programmed to wait for me to stare at it to trigger it.

I have had other games where a survivor will round a corner and scratches and blood just stop, even though i can still see them running further ahead.

• yobudddyobuddd Member Posts: 2,055

Okay, wow! Glad to see this. I thought I just lost my ability to effectively track. I’ll follow the scratchmark trail and then it just flat out ends. Sometimes that’s the end of the chase. Sometimes it reappears on a rock in the distance.

• GingerBeardGingerBeard Member Posts: 155

I was using Fixated on Lery's one game when I saw my scratch marks just suddenly end for about 4 meters or less then start again.

Unfortunately this was a week or two ago, so i'm unable to remember if it was 100% something I did that caused it or not.

I guess I should run Fixated some more and observe if it happens again.

• BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

They cut on stairs too, there are gaps of scratch marks when you're climbing stairs.

@Zucker_Schock no. just no. what's happening is mid chase scratch marks will just plain stop. And it isn't perks doing it either. Anyone who actually plays Killer would know this and it is complete bullshit.

I've tried using Sloppy Butcher, Bloodhound and Predator which under normal circumstances makes losing scratch marks impossible and it is exactly the same. Scratch marks and blood stains just plain disappear.

I've noticed on several occasions that I've been able to get away from Killers where I simply shouldn't have been able to any time before this patch.

I'll be quitting killer entirely till this is fixed because there is just no point.

• TheClownIsKingTheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    edited September 2020

No, it’s more than that. This has been an issue since the implementation of dedicated servers. There can be a significant delay in Scratchmarks (and blood) appearing when a survivor is running, or there will be large “blank” gaps like the survivor stopped running, but they in fact have not stopped running.

And usually by the time they DO appear, they’re already starting to fade.

Its an ongoing frustrating bug.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Scratchmarks along with sounds have been iffy for years now.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,453

Scratch Marks are busted right now. They just randomly stop appearing. I thought it was me, but nope, they’re bugged.

Well fyi i do play Killer a lot, havent played Killer much since the last bugfix patch though.

edited September 2020

So when killer addons are broken (Filthy / Nasty blades) your banned for using them as they are considered an 'exploit' but when Survivor scratch marks and blood stains are broken it's perfectly fine and not an exploit at all. Double standards much. lol. just lol.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 1,146

oh thats just a new feature. they meant to add a colorblind mode, but instead added a colorblind simulator mode. simple mistake.

• EntitySpawnEntitySpawn Member Posts: 2,103

Glad to see im not the only one, im curious to if youre on console? either way its just another reason not to play killer, i do notice its even worse on ormand etc.

• ZozzyZozzy Member Posts: 3,600

And it is an issue that 1. benefits survivors and 2. is inconsistent so it will NEVER be fixed.

• TheClownIsKingTheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Hmm... I’ll support you in how crap this issue is, but what you’re comparing is not the same thing.

Willingly equipping an add on after an announcement has been made that users will be banned until a fix is in place for a bug/exploit is totally different to the scratch marks issue.

What are you expecting?

Survivors are banned from running until it’s fixed?

Thats not reasonable.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,302

I also noticed strange gaps of scratch marks as killer. Could ofc be that I'm being outplayed. But mostly I'm sure there is nothing like vaults, gens done or something because I watch out for these events. Iron Will bug could screw me over. But I'm pretty sure that scratch marks are buggy. I noticed that heavily on Hawkins

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 10,659

Sometimes, but not always, Scratch Marks around Corners disappear. So the Corner itself does not have any Scratch Marks, but they continue afterwards. This happened on The Game and Lerys for me.

I have a huge problem with the fact that this isn't even being acknowledged as an issue. And it is a huge game breaking one make no mistake. Imagine if in a future patch Survivors just started screaming at random when they ran it'd be fixed so fast the bug would barely have a chance to have gone live.

Why isn't it even being acknowledged is what I want to know. scratch / bloodstains disappearing needs to be addressed and dealt with for the health, well being and future of our game.