Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Survivor Mains - When Did You Discover . . .

. . . That you had become a Killer main.

It happened so gradually for me that one day I just woke up and realized that I wasn't playing Survivor any more (or very rarely - mostly for Rift tasks / Dailys) and that I had in fact become a Killer main.

It took about 2 years but I guess all the salt gradually morphed me into a Killer main.

Comments

• ringwinningringwinning Member Posts: 551

I think I'm beginning that process. I remember when I first started playing this game I wouldn't even look at the killer icon. Then I started gradually glancing at it, then doing the dailies, then picking up Spirit, and now I'm grinding for the "most necessary" killer perks.

I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 15,347

Honestly kinda the same. I was dictionary defintion ToxicEntitledSurvivorMain:tm:, and I don't even mean that unironically I was literally the poster child of it all. Clicking, tbagging, yet going down in 0.2 seconds and blaming everything but myself (I died to old leatherface on old blood lodge and thought it was because there weren't enough pallets lmfao). Then, after about 3 months of nothing but survivor I tried out killer. I liked it but I was awful as Wraith and kept getting bullied. Then I bought Freddy and somehow did better as him, so I got him to P3 50 then levelled hag for Ruin, etc etc, became a Freddy main for the next 2 years. Very, very slowly I started playing less survivor, and more killer, until eventually I was doing an even 50/50 split. Then, after like another 2 years it suddenly changed. Solo survivor became just unbearable, I was getting frustrated with everyone and everything, not even killer was fun. This was about July this year, I think. So I took my first, official break. No dbd for 4 days and I returned a changed man. I'd play almost exclusively killer, survivor wasn't fun except when I was playing with one of three people. One of my really really close friends, Th3RealDemon., my now boyfriend @Cheers (btw he's amazing i love him), or another of my really really close friends MyersManiac. They were the only things that could make survivor fun. Then, Demon started playing less, and if you don't know what's going on with Cheers right now then check out his profile. Myers is currently stuck in Northern Ireland without their computer, so I can't really play with them either. So it's solo, or SWF with people I'm not the biggest fan of because they don't voice call and mucking around there is half the fun (except @hahadrillgobrrr, banned but he's pretty funny to play with and against) or killer, and I chose the option with the least amount of stress.

Ta-daa, here I am; a newly reformed Toxic Entitled Survivor Main, now a hardcore Pyramid Head and Nurse main who needs to stop playing the game and actually do some college work!

• Squirrel_ThiccSquirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,680

I may be doing this too. Even though I kinda hate killer sometimes.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I've just played both sides from the beginning. Easy sort.

• AetherBytesAetherBytes Member Posts: 1,809

Im the opposite, killer to survivor. Been getting a lot of happy killers thankful to play against someone who knew killer enough to challenge them.

• pepperoninipplespepperoninipples Member Posts: 87

I startes off as killer. Never touched survivor for more tham a year. Then i started playing survivor. I mainly play killer till I feel im in the mood for survivor. Just depends on the day for me.

• MrPeterPFLMrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

I started off as Killer but transition to survivor because I enjoy playing with my friend. I do play killer when I’m playing solo because solo survivor is not fun.

• Robotman200Robotman200 Member Posts: 49

Ill be honest the title fooled me, I thought this was gonna be a mad killer rant but it turned out to be a genuine post.

Playing killer has been on and off for me. I usually do it just for challenges but now that I've pretty much got every teachable on the survivor side Ill probably pick up killer more often.

• RyuhiRyuhi Member Posts: 1,146

unfortunately I will always be a survivor main until there are actual decent colorblind options in the game, and/or sounds work correctly.

that said, these daily rituals reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaalllllly want me to play killer anyway, so I usually end up floundering through a match or two a day.

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 4,460

I actually started as a Killer almost exclusively. I am one of those people who like to focus on one thing until I get it right and then move on to the next. The problem is I couldn't earn enough points just playing a single Killer. I didn't want to do multiple different Killers to grind points, as that would defeat the purpose. To me it made good sense to grind extra points for my one main Killer (or other Killers whose Perks I wanted to unlock but not yet play) by playing Survivors. A Survivor is a totally different animal, and thus playing it would not break down my one Killer focus. This was my logic anyway, flimsy and poor.

So I started playing Survivor and grinding points. I found I really enjoy the Survivor side and I quickly became a split, doing both. The majority of my Survivor points go into my boy Myers, and into other Killers whom I do not play but need their Perks. My biggest recent grind was for the million BP needed to unlock Blight's Perks so I could get Undying over to Myers who needs it FAR MORE than the monstrous version of Sonic the Hedgehog. I'm still a better Killer than I am a Survivor, but I suspect that is because Survivors are only as good as their entire team. But I will get there. I think learning to play Survivors has made me a better Killer as I'm much better at the mind games now as well as locating the Survivors in the first minute of the match than I was before.

• Creepa99Creepa99 Member Posts: 79

When I switched from mobile to console. Killers on mobile lag badly.

• StarLostStarLost Member Posts: 3,324

I came into this game wanting nothing to do with playing Survivor.

While life as a killer is a little rough right now, I enjoy it about 15% more than I'm frustrated by it.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 3,828

I start this game as Survivor, play for more than half a year. Try to do some Trapper daily, got addicted to snapping sounds, I change to Killer main for a year.

Now I play both side, a day as Killer 70% ,another day as Survivor 30%

• ZCerebrateZCerebrate Member Posts: 641

I pretty much play like 5~10 killer matches because they're actually engaging and feels more like a game... then I turn on youtube or netflix and play survivor until those videos finish then I gotta go to bed so I can clock into my VPN "work" in the morning. Actually pretty chill while I wait for more interesting games to come out because I usually have to try like 20 games before one sticks... most just don't keep my attention anymore

• TricksTricks Member Posts: 957

lmao that's exactly how I feel about Nurse, although some days I think the frustration is 15% more than the enjoyment

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 5,761

When I returned to the game a few weeks ago I only played killer for like 4 or 5 days

• Thatgurl_againThatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

I first started as killer. I played fair so no one can message me to complain. Honestly i was too scared to play survivor lol

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 4,652

I began as killer. I didn't start playing survivor until some friends asked me. I'd say its 70/30, leaning towards killer. As a result I have an understanding of how bad solo que is and how broken SWF can be.

• HeartboundHeartbound Member Posts: 2,796

I-I'm not a killer main...see, Dwight is my profile picture! I like to do generators and the vaulting thing! I even break...I mean throw pallets!

But that exit gate sure is cool huh?

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,818

I just found killer fun after a while and spent about 4-5 months pretty much only playing killer. Then I just started playing more survivor again and now I rubber band between the two. Sometimes I'll go a week without touching survivor. Sometimes (like right now) I'll got for a week without touching killer. Sometimes I do back-to-back trials. Mostly, if I'm being honest, I play survivor. Killer is just too much for me to handle at the moment. Looking forward to when I can get back to Blight without getting triggered.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,540

I came back to play survivor

but the q's were too long

So I guess I'm still a killer main. Ah well, somebody needs to make the console survivors step up their game. Guess that'll be me.