Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

So 60 seconds is "too lenient" for pop but not DS? What a joke.

I really hate throwing out the whole "survivor biased" joke, because I genuinely think the devs are trying their best. But this is just ridiculous. Nerfing a strong killer perk for a reason that is equally if not more applicable to DS and then not nerfing DS alongside it is just so aggravating. I'm really looking forward to the complete lack of justification from the dev team about this one.

Comments

• Science_GuyScience_Guy Member Posts: 1,669

Are you also asking for DS to be made once per hook instead of once per match?

• ChantyBoiChantyBoi Member Posts: 178
    edited September 2020

It's not even remotely comparable though my guy. 60 seconds allows one survivor solo to finish 75% of a gen. Pop only reduces 25%. as it stands if each survivor used their DS invulnerability to solo 75% of a gen. and the killer got let's say 9 hooks. The killer overall regresses 2.25 gens with those 9 pops. Meanwhile survivors can get in 3 ENTIRE GENS with that 60 second immunity. Now obviously teams aren't going to be this efficient. BUT getting back 25% progress vs effectively gaining a 4th hook is such an INSANE difference. Now maybe if pop regressed 75% or something it would be comparable but in the current state I really don't think it is.

• SlashstreetboySlashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Right, because DS only ever comes into play when the Killer "tunneled".

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 3,194
    edited September 2020

You'll always have Pop used in your game unless the survivors manage to never get hooked. You can use Pop multiple times. You can use Pop to give you time to chase and then immediately chase a survivor to activate Pop again. Pop gets easier to use as the match goes on and pallets are destroyed and also breakable walls. Pop also causes regular regression on top of the 25%.

DS requires you to hook the survivor, and then for you to be attacking the DS using survivor instead of the 3 other survivors that are currently on gens. And then you have to pick them up instead of leaving them on the ground. Then the survivor has to land the skill check. Then if they succeed it is used up. Once its used up, the survivor has to try to succeed in a chase with the pallets you destroyed along the way. Pallets dont come back, so the chase becomes much harder for the survivor.

You're right, it is a joke...

• cyniChriscyniChris Member Posts: 207

I'm with you on this. It's absurd how they justify some of the changes.

Remember when "Ruin was used in over 80% of matches"? Funny how DS isn't a problem.

I get that survivors need something to mitigate tunneling, but the fact that you can hook two other survivors and still get hit by a last-second DS is ridiculous. That's punishing the killer for downing several survivors "too quickly".

And while we're on the subject of killers doing their objective quickly, the game punishes them for destroying a team early, but if survivors slam gens and get out quickly, they're rewarded. That doesn't make sense.