Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 4.3.0 PTB Feedback

This has to be a joke right?

PricefieldPricefield Member Posts: 112
edited September 2020 in 4.3.0 PTB Feedback

I won't beat a dead horse, we all know these changes will affect close to nothing. Does a balance team even exist, because Demogorgon perks are still useless and thana (which I always considered bad outside like 2 killers) is now just worse since 'increase of numbers' is a joke. If these are what future perk updates hold, may as well not chnage them since the team who do clearly are busy playing Civilization 5.

Post edited by MandyTalk on

Comments

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,227

both are 115% mms, they can catch up quite quickly.

that "shift + W meta" you are referring to is usually only effective against slow killers who struggle to keep up, such as Hag or Deathslinger. 115%ers shouldnt really have that problem.

granted, they have nothing for loops, but thats not exactly the point of their power anyway. they stall the game (Legion more than Plague) and keep everyone injured - something which with the new Thana is going to be very strong.

if they heal against a Legion, they waste tons of time which he can just reset within a few seconds. so a 20% repair speed penality is going to be huge on him.

and if they cleanse against Plague, they give her a ridiculously strong power (as proven by Otz many times), so they will once again have to waste time with the new 20% repair speed penalty.

and dont forget, if they dont heal its like having NOED active throughout the whole trial.

on top of that, you can combine that perk with others, such as PGTW to get even more gen slowdown.

those games would be very sluggish and overall extremely unfun for the Survivor side.

thats something we should get away from, not further buff it.

• Kees_TKees_T Member Posts: 789

5% with 4 stacks is just 5 seconds extra of gen repair.

I still think it's too low too.

• Dead_by_GadflyDead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,774

I was going worse case. 4 people injured is 20%. 20% of 60 is 12, so unless im missing something doing a gen solo should take an extra 12 seconds. And thats worst case. Its #########.

• Kees_TKees_T Member Posts: 789

Where is this 60 coming from? Repairing generators requires 80 charges. Normally, you put 1 c/s(charge per second).

It takes 80 seconds/charges to fully repair one gen. With 4 stacks of thanata, it will be 20% slower, so survivors will put 0.8 c/s in the generator. So 0.8 * 80 = 64 charges. So you need more 16 charges(16 seconds working on gen) to fully finish repair it, compared to the old thanata with 16% slower(0.84 charges per second instad), it was 12 seconds, so 5 seconds increase with the new one.

I find these numbers still very low, generators are fast to do and everyone knows that, Killers have like 3 "usable" perks to deal with gens and thats it.

• batax90batax90 Member Posts: 879

Thana is useless the only time i will use the perk is on freddy but that only because i recently swich to ruin, undying and surveillance and i never know what to bring as a 4 perk and this will be the perk i swich most of the time for other thing like corrupted intervention, franklin, noed, etc...

• kaerukaeru Member Posts: 1,542

It would be better if thanataphobia take effect not only with injured/dying/hooked survivors but also with dead/sacrificed. Tanathaphobia is a fear of death. Why should it lose effect when your teammates are dead? Survivors now be like: Thanks god he died, now I can repair at normal speed.

It's so minor buff. When 2 survivors are dead, another 2 most of the time not bother doing gens anymore. I don't see the reason why it's not implemented yet.

• Dead_by_GadflyDead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,774
  • Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,227

thats not quite correct.

Thanatophobia decreases the survivors repair efficiency by 20%, which means that it reduces the amount of charges they gain each second by 20%.

the usual is 1 charge a second, which is why a gen, that has 80 charges, takes 80 seconds to repair.

its easy: 80 (charges) / 1 (charges gained per second) = 80 (overall repair time)

now, with Thana at 4 stacks it would work like this:

80 / 0.8 = 100

which means that Thanatophobia adds a total of 20 seconds on top of the gen.

and thats just Thanatophobia alone. it can be paired up with even more gen slowdown perks, such as PGTW. This can make games go extremely sluggish already, buffing the Thana number even more would make the game hell for anyone going up against Legion or Plague.