Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Getting Real Tired...

... of salty-ass killers using Ebony Mori just because they had a bad day or are a toxic individual - especially when multiple Survivors burn things like Green Envelopes and Bloody Streamers during that match.

Either remove the damn problem - as we have been telling you for years now

Or change them to automatically refund any offerings used by Survivors if they are used - so a bad-mood Killer can't make you practically waste bonus BP offerings just because they don't care about their ranks/pips.

Comments

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 7,018

You know they can also be doing a challenge right?

So they might have a "bad mood" because they couldn't do it otherwise.

• arcnkdarcnkd Member Posts: 446

Reason 233 these 'by your own hand' rituals and "mori-based" challenges are just more bull that needs to be cut from the came.

And doing the ritual-side of that does not require running an Ebony to do it because you only ever need 1 kill.

99% of the time - it's just salty/toxic killers wanting to shortcut the game. Same way Survivors run keys.

• PredatedPredated Member Posts: 2,615

killing someone by hand doesnt have a time limit to it, yknow, you can mori people after the second hook too. If you have a mori challenge, you can literally delay it till there is still 1 gen left. Then there is 2 perks that allow exactly what the challenge requires and actually feel "earned".

Ebony mori simply has no single reason to be used, as there is not a single challenge that states "kill 4 survivors by your own hand in a single match".

I'd say that Ebony Mori could be changed to "hooking a survivor will expose them for the remainder of the match" and still be considered quite broken, even though that is infinitely better than ebony mori is right now.

• arcnkdarcnkd Member Posts: 446

Ebony should be kill all survivors that has been hooked twice in the match.

Green should be kill any two survivors that have been hooked twice.

Yellow should be kill any single Survivor that has been hooked once (no change, because it is not nearly as oppressive as the others).

Mori's should not be 'secret' because it is just pointless when the only other secret offering from killers is shrouds - either no secrets; or all killer offerings should be secret, pick one side or the other instead of 'flagging-without-flagging' the use of a mori.

Use of a mori should automatically refund all bloodpoint-based offerings used by a Survivor due to matches being cut considerably shorter and the offerings usually ending up being 'wasted'.

---

On the flip side - Keys should have a chance to break upon attempted use so the Hatch becomes a risk-reward situation instead of a free-escape.

They should only spawn on bloodwebs.

Only exists as the Skeleton Key at iridescent rarity.

Have no means to keep the item after matches.

Destroy themselves when dropped from a sacrificed player

and never spawn in-game from chests so killers can always prepare for a key to be in play instead of someone finding one mid-match and getting a free escape because of RNG.

• PredatedPredated Member Posts: 2,615

"Ebony should be kill all survivors that has been hooked twice in the match."

Problem: you can hook a survivor for a 3rd time and be done faster, making ebony absolutely worthless.

As for Ivory and Cypress, they are actually fine as is. Ivory has the possibility to screw 1 survivor over immensely, sure, but viewing the game as it truly is, its balanced. Cypress might need a buff where it can be triggered on anyone during the EGC(giving survivors a reason to run outside), because killing the last survivor standing is heavily RNG.

Issue with your view on keys, is that keys already are quite balanced. Skeleton keys definitely should allow an entire team to escape for essentially free, because if all 5 gens are finished and you havent killed anyone, its on you. Even if you have an endgame build, those are risky AF in the first place. Same applies if 1 person died and they need to finish all 4 gens, the longer you wait to kill someone, the easier it is for them to get a key escape.

The purple key should only open up the hatch for a short time, and have the potential for a 2 man escape at best(opening the hatch with 2 people left literally leaves 1 survivor remaining), but otherwise closing instantly after the user escaped. And I agree that skeleton keys shouldnt be found in chests, but purple keys do have a place. As for destroying themselves, thats a bit of an issue. Mori's are a threat to every single survivor, so keys NEED to be a threat from every single survivor.

As for why purple keys need to be possible to be found in chests(especially under the 1-man escape only rule): there are plenty of times when gates spawn too close to each other where there simply is no escape possible, while if they spawn to far from each other, the killer still has a chance to find you and get a kill. This means that the EGC is simply RNG for the final survivor, when the killer already won, having some RNG for the killer aswell is nothing but fair. Keys are already extremely rare to be found, and if you remove the iri key from the loot pool, that means that other items are also more likely to spawn in.

As for no means to keep the keys, I would agree, if it wasnt for the fact that I have 50 ebony mori's on a killer that I tried my hardest to avoid Mori's on, while only having 20 keys total on my main survivor where I grab every single key that spawned in my bloodweb. And you might be like "well, thats 80 keys across an entire team vs only 50 ebony's", and you would be correct, if I didnt have 150+ Ebony mori's on a killer where I grabbed all the mori's I could. Either keys need to become more common in bloodwebs, or the addons to keep them are neccesary.

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 4,460

The Mori (all of them) are an offering that said Killer worked to purchase in the Blood Web. You don't know why they chose to put it in, so it is better not to assume. Whatever the reason, they have that right. Killers in turn don't have the right to be salty about you using Keys or Insta-Heals, or whatever the heck you choose. Please be respectful for the choices of others as long as they are legal. The only actual rules we should all be holding each other to are:

1. Don't cheat, either with hacks or lag spikes.
    2. Don't disconnect; if you start a game, finish it.
    3. Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.

Your complaining here would be an example of how NOT to be gracious in defeat.