Honestly, Ruin Undying needs a nerf
It's too strong. Be honest. It's actually too strong.
- The effects it has overshadows every single other killer perk and perk combo.
- It's carrying trash players through lobbies where the survivors simply just get unlucky with the totem spawns.
- It's overboard on good players and especially on good killers like nurse where you do not have time to do totems.
- It requires little skill to use (walking over to a gen is not skill).
- It's extremely inconsistent to counter and too difficult to counter at times.
- It's good on literally everyone.
- It's quite annoying (not a reason why it's strong or needs a nerf, just a personal opinion of mine as slowdown builds are even stronger now with this combo).
Compare this to the Pop Corrupt meta we just had which IMO is a healthy meta combo:
- Does not overshadow every perk and perk combo.
- Took skill to capitalise on so trash players weren't carried by it.
- A bit overboard on strong killers, but never felt as oppressive as Ruin.
- Has a consistent counter depending on teammates skill.
- Good on all killers, but some did not benefit from it well enough in order for it to be used over other perks.
- A bit annoying depending on your preferences.
I know this post is going to be flamed, I just wanted to put this out there as I truly hate Ruin Undying with an absolute passion and its killing my want to play survivor. To see it constantly pushed as a healthy perk combo disappoints me as it has many glaring issues on both sides that for some reason people don't seem to acknowledge.
More importantly, if the game actually starts getting balanced at it's core (maps are fixed, gens are balanced, etc) then if ruin undying is still here then it will dominate every lobby and I have no doubts about that.
(Also yes, DS is an issue, it's just that you see 100x more Ruin Undying killers than you do 4 man DS UB squads, so don't think I don't want that nerfed too. K thanks).