Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Does anyone play Billy anymore ?

I noticed with the new archive that a new skin for Billy is coming out. But after his rework it seems that no one really touches him anymore. Its rare I ever encounter a Billy as survivor and its a shame. What you all think, you all still play Billy at all ?

Comments

• Ryan489xRyan489x Member Posts: 1,435

I've run into some billys in matches. I don't like them for the same reason I don't like Leather face. the one hit down chainsaw. the only big difference between the two is perk builds. flip them around and they play like each other,

• DerZuntorDerZuntor Member Posts: 289

Normally I don't play him that much but currently I'm trying to get him to Prestige 3.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 2,791
    edited October 2020

Probably more to do with that annoying af scream of his. I never played him as I found it too easy to get downs without even having to learn the skillful plays for him and I always found him too clunky/sensitive.

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

I still play him, he now offers a decent level of challenge compared to older billy

I highly recommend LoPro chains, they are a blast to play with.

• FilledPizzaFilledPizza Member Posts: 392

I still play him, he's not that different and the roars or other animation changes aren't really that major or annoying.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,045
    edited October 2020

I play him plenty, but I hate the roaring it sounds so bad, and he does it every time you finish revving up the chainsaw!

And his animations are still weird from before the Billy nerf.

His addons need to be changed as well, handful of them are complete garbage no takes. And honestly, they should get rid of Tuned Carburettor, it's a complete joke.

LoPro Chains are probably the more fun addon that they added, but honestly the Ultra Rares are also a complete joke, but at least somewhat useful compared to Tuned Carburettor.

It's funny though, survivors still get mad when I chainsaw them in the back. Oh well, just dodge it :P

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 12,202

Since a few days I get at least two Billys per day.

• EuphoricBliss35EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 876

I don’t see billy too often anymore. It’s Huntress, Spirit, Nurse, Freddy....with some Trappers, Doctors, occasional wraith and blight

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I played him yesterday for a 2 hours. Can be still pretty strong.

• XyvieliaXyvielia Member Posts: 1,814

I never play him.

I see a Billy here an there, about 3-5 Billy’s in every 40 matches or so.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I think people don't like the roar, bad add-ons, and overheat limiting what you can do with the saw. Him being in the Tome is probably because of his rework being so recent and to increase his playrate.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

Cool i always enjoy billy compilations of sick flicks against good survivors, share some of yours will you?

• GhostyyBoiGhostyyBoi Member Posts: 416

I have never liked Billy, and the nerf just added more fuel to the fire.

But recently i've played Bubba a lot, i'll always prefer him over Billy.

• JPLongstreetJPLongstreet Member Posts: 2,909

Haven't seen him in like two weeks on Xbox

• xenofon13xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

Literally haven't seen billy from the MMR. It was a rank 20 matchmaking victim.

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 5,815

I rarely see a Billy these days.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

If you're asking for people to have any clips of flicking as new Billy then uh....yeah no you're out of luck. That playstyle with double engravings is dead.

• Sunbreaker7Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 580

I actually have just recently found a liking playing him after the rework. It had nothing to do with the rework though, just a coincidence of time that I came around to try him more and master him. He is quite fun to play. He's all over the map. Just like freddy, he can create some serious gen pressure.

• YordsYords Member Posts: 5,744

I used to play him regularly just like everyone else, but the only problem I have is his movement now. It is really wonky with the chainsaw and there was literally no reason for it to change. I plan on relearning the movement for the chainsaw again, but it is quite difficult and frustrating sometimes. He is pretty fun to play and he has been messed with a little too much. Just reverting the movement back to how it used to be will be enough, for me at least. I also miss going against billy players.

I was just mocking him, since he talked about billy now offering a challenge, when billy always offered that when using a skilled playstyle. The irony being him having a picture of pyramid head, which really offers a big challenge with the animation lock hit. Just wanted to see whether he has anything to offer in that regard but that is mostly the case with the people that talk about it, they just talk.

On the bright side, double engravings are still around but I think just for the best billies out there.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Ah right sorry, didn't see the irony right away. And true double engravings are for the best Billy players now but they're not playing Billy anymore. Not even battleguy plays Billy anymore he's been playing Nurse. But I could be wrong, he might still be playing Billy rarely every now and then, haven't checked into his stream in a while. His sens on nurse without shadowborn hurts my eyes lmao

Yeah I don't know if the people from billynation are still around and do play him, might be worth checking them out. I found one billy main by chance a couple days ago "maveros" actually a competitive survivor but when he plays killer it usually is billy but only with i think yellow engraving + pig gloves, still entertaining and nice curves but thats about it. You can find him on twitch.

• SlashstreetboySlashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

When I first started out I played lots of Billy and I got to rank 1 within my first month of playing. I really liked the character, but of course I was boosted as hell and pretty much carried by the addons.

I still played him quite a bunch up until a bit over a year ago. Recently I tried to give it a go again, and it was miserable.

With all the good addons gone, he may very well be a contender for hardest Killer to play now imo. It feels like every move you make has to be 100% on point or the mistake will be too costy to be able to recover from them. I´m also not sure if the flick has been changed, back then I was quite decent at it, or if I just have to practice way more to get a hang of it again. And that´s another thing: It feels like he requires tremendous amount of daily practice to be effective now, so you either be a Hillbilly main or won´t be able to play him effectively at all.

As someone who enjoyed him casually, this feels like something I no longer can do, so I just don´t bother anymore. I guess many players who occasionally enjoyed him before share this feeling. Doesn´t help that the chainsaw makes the ears bleed, too.

• HEX_MalusGreyHEX_MalusGrey Member Posts: 231

I have not played him before the nerf and i have no idea why anyone would actually bother to pick him up. I have seen some good Billy players in my time and funny enough i just tryed to play him again, but his "power" is more then underwhelming, clunky and very easy to dodge. Why the hell does he run into pallets?? I had his power going running towards a dropped pallet, but instead of slashing it like with bubba he just ran into it ... lol

I have tryed him a few times and it's always a disaster. No thanks, i stick with litterally EVERY other killer. Even baby nurse is better and more fun to play.