Home Discussions General Discussions

Dear killer players, who main this role, do you find playing against SWF FUN?

2»

Comments

• jdcabraljdcabral Member Posts: 2,005

If it's not a depip squad which only goal is to annoy me, yeah, I find it fun. In fact it's better than stomping solo players who don't even know what a gen is.

• CrypticghoulCrypticghoul Member Posts: 226

Two is fine. If I see four I dodge the lobby because even if I win it's just stressful and not fun due to comms and nearly guaranteed meta perk stacking.

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 2,388

"I have no idea what makes you say that SWFs never remain casual. It also doesn't make any difference how long a SWF plays together, really. Either you're a good player and can call out information well, or you're not. Either that's something you like to do while playing in SWF, or it isn't."

Experience, direct and firsthand both as a Survivor in a SWF and as a Killer who fights them daily, gives me the knowledge to say this. Practice makes perfect, and Survivors in a SWF get better with each match. Experience aside, this is also commonsense. The fact that you want to pretend it is either there at the start or it isn't makes me wonder about your motives.

"This is extreme exaggeration. Object by itself gives you more info than a typical SWF would (with the drawback of being terrible in solo queue, but still)."

No, it is not an exaggeration. Every Player in a SWF using the 5th Perk (Comms) has all the information provided by his/her teammates as if they had the Perks themselves. This allows them to maximize information gathering Perks. So instead of just having four Perks, they each have a bonus of any other information gathering Perks held by their buddies. On top of that there is the interactive, real-time updates on where the Killer is currently located, if the Killer is setting traps, which Generators are near completion, and so on, etc. Likewise, there is the instant lowdown on a Totem spotted that someone cannot reach (for whatever reason) which can be handed off to a teammate by just telling them. When the Hatch becomes visible, and one person spots it, they all will share that too. The now infamous OoO is particularly useful to a SWF on the right maps where the "Spotter" can call out generalized areas of the map (or specific) by terrain or sometime something as simple as "he is upstairs" or he is "downstairs". Are you picking up what I'm putting down. Exaggeration? Hardly.

"What makes you say that? I often play in two or three-man SWFs and this is something that we absolutely never do. It's not advantageous to the group to let your teammates die unless it's like a basement hook / NOED situation."

I've seen this firsthand as the Killer and had it happen to me multiple times. My own group, when we were doing SWF had to stop what we were doing when we realized this was happening on an unconscious level and make sure that we started to include the Red Shirt as an equal. More to the point, I've been talking to and listening to a GROWING number of Solo players complaining about this very thing. Perhaps the most telling is nobody works that hard to get the Red Shirt down before they go into phase two (if at all).

"Splitting the game into two separate queues for solo queue and SWF would kill the game. Killers would never want to play in the SWF queue or, if there were an incentive to play against SWF, they would only do so while bringing their Iri Head / Infantry Belt / Ebony Mori and the like. I'm also just against changing the game balance such that SWFs need to be communicating well and sweating their balls off in order to do well. Many SWFs do not do that, and will instead perform poorly because they play too altruistically and will have a wider range of skill levels in their squad. Punishing people for playing with their friends is just going to kill the game."

I hear this last ditch defense often, and it has no validity. We have no idea what it would do. People always say this whenever ANY changes happen and the game is still here. If I had a nickel for every time someone has said "this will kill the game" or "this is killing the game" or "I think DbD is dying" I would be a very wealthy man indeed. I might actually buy some cosmetics. Judging by past evidence, no, it would not kill the game. In fact, it might actually revitalize it with Solos being able to play without being strangled and not getting run off, and eventually graduating into their own SWF. Nobody is talking about punishing people who play with friends. We are talking about balancing it. It is a competitive edge, and it needs to be compensated.

"Most balance issues that exist with SWF should be addressed by MMR. If you sweat like crazy in a premade of good players, you'll just be matched up with a disproportionate amount of god Nurses and Stridor Spirits."

No, they will not be addressed by the MMR. Why? Because the MMR is a matchmaking system that cannot measure the impact of the 5th Perk (Comms). That is something entirely outside the game. If a SWF is not somehow marked and known to the system, it cannot compensate. The only way for the MMR to take note and address that is if Teams are somehow registered, recognized, and there can be matched as a GROUP to the appropriate Killer. What you are saying is nonsense, and I think you know that.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 5,582
    edited October 2020

that is a question i simply can not answer, for the simple fact that there are a lot of different ways a SWF can play.

some are fun to play with, some are not.

some are just a couple of friends playing together, some are a bully squad and some are tournament level tryhards.

i would like to know when i faced a SWF in the end though, just for knowing it.

cause sometimes you meet some really really good solo survivors, but everyone just assumes that "they must be a SWF", which kinda takes some credit away from them i feel like.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 4,151

Yes, I find most of my trials to be fun. Because SWF teams are in almost every trial and no-one notices that.

• BardBard Member Posts: 471

Depends.

If it's just a solid team making solid plays, it's fine.

If they're assholes who are all running the most overpowered [BAD WORD] they can muster and still have the audacity to bm at every pallet? [BAD WORD] em.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 2,194

Not really, no. Then again people who play "normally" with others probably go unnoticed, when it's painfully obvious it's a swf it's usually the more obnoxious ones.

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 3,449

Depends on the group tbh. I have less fun because I play killer casually atm.

• MewMew Member Posts: 1,307

yes. i like the challenge in going against them.

the only time i dislike it is when they run Object or use bullshit map offerings

• SlashstreetboySlashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,689

Really? A forum smurf account? What are you hiding from?

• Mr.FlexOGMr.FlexOG Member Posts: 40

If I bring my main build and I'm playing with my main then yes I do find them fun. Depending on their method of play and how sweaty they are. I've had a lot of fun playing with SWF but that's only because I play the pig and use Save the best till last so I can abuse their altruism.

Honestly I personally wouldn't blame someone for saying they never have fun playing against SWF. When I used to main clown when I was brand new to the game, I don't think I ever had fun once playing against a SWF.

• GoodLookinCookinGoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 336

I don't enjoy it or hate it, I HATE facing survivors that turn on "ultra hacker man sweat mode" but that doesn't always mean they are SWF.

• Mr.FlexOGMr.FlexOG Member Posts: 40

Gonna print out this post at a photo shop and hang it on my wall. I just need to buy a platinum frame to put it in.

• DFPDFP Member Posts: 152

It depends on the group really.

Sometimes, I'll have a blast goofing around or getting drawn into a really thrilling match.

Sometimes I want to stuff those keys, maps, and toolboxes so far down their sweaty, taunting throats when they light up the after game messaging system that they won't be able to teabag again without penetrating themselves.

So yeah. Goes either way according to the people you get, much the same as anything else in life.

• PawcelotPawcelot Member Posts: 985

Generally no.

• Komodo16Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

I like wrecking swf and guessing whether they are it adds a challenge even though I'm an oni main. I just hate fast gens

• DwinchesterDwinchester Member Posts: 961

Not in the slightest, but most swfs I play are in it to win. I wouldnt care to see it, because i wont back down from a challenge. Only time I dodge is if ping is atrocious.

• katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 1,262

I don't mind it as long as one don't dc when they can't escaped.

• AxeAxe Member Posts: 786

yes because I pretty much win 99% of my games against solo survivors cause they are not organized or put actual pressure on me, its like no challenge at all

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,290

Depends on the SWF. I've broken it down into three flavors.

A lot of the times, I don't even realize I'm playing against one, as they play as if they're solo. There may be hints, such as similar offerings, or names, but usually, I can't tell the difference. I just assume. Thus, I treat them as I do with solos. This first group is usually what I face most when it comes to SWF. I don't mind it, since it just feels like a normal match.

Then you have the second, who act like they just watched Noob3's toxic series and want to test it out on me. The whole clicky clicky teabagging at every pallet sabo types. These annoy me, because it's usually a two, maybe three man, and the solo they have on their side is left hanging in the blue. I've seen them leave the solo to die on first hook just so they can get that flashlight stun. If I'm able, I try and give the solo the hatch, just because I feel bad for them. This group is also the ones I face the most dcing against, either due to rage quitting, or hatch tech.

The third group is the dreaded 4man sweat squad. These. . . whew. They leave a bad impression, and usually stick with me the longest. An actual 4man is pretty rare, at least at the skill level I'm talking about, but it clouds my judgement against any SWF I come against. When asked about SWF, these groups are the first that come to mind.

I don't think we should know about SWF before the match. I do agree with the devs that it would cause more lobby dodging. I do, however, believe we should know AFTER the match, in the post game lobby. Additionally, there should be an increase in rewards given to the killer, and solos, for each member that was in the SWF group. You can't balance around comms, or at least the devs seem to believe, but you can at least give adequate rewards for those that have to deal with them.

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 2,388

No, I didn't just make it. You would have to go further back in the thread. I was answering someone else. It was a long post and I wanted to answer the statements in it one by one, in context.

• RoboMojoRoboMojo Member Posts: 197

Depends, if it’s just a few friends who just want to relax, have fun and don’t want to sweat then I’m more then happy to face them. As a matter of fact, some of my most fun killer matches ever were against survivors who I suspect were in swfs. However, swfs who take the game super seriously and pop 10 million gens before you even think about downing a survivor is unfun as hell but so rare in my experience that it’s a non issue really. The main issue with swfs for me is that people seem to be far more likely to behave in a rather... Unpleasant way when playing with friends. Almost as if empathy for the other side goes out the window because you and your super hilarious buddy’s have one or more object of obsession and all click flashlights if the killer even thinks about making a mistake. At the end of the day though, I’m more then happy to play against a swf as long as they’re not complete and total gits lol.

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

It depends on their behavior. If they’re respectable, I wouldn’t mind playing against them.

If they’re the type to t-bag, vault spam to get my attention, pallet stun me and point at me to say “ha ha” or try their hardest to be annoying, then no, I don’t t like playing against them. Luckily, these types always try to rescue their friends so camping and slugging are very effective vs them.