Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Help Thread for the DEV Team to fix the Issues with the PS4. Please share your Issues

Hello DBD Community,

The last patch broke the Game on PS4 with heavy performance issues and I hope that this thread will help the DBD Team to find a solution for the Problems. I created this Threat so that all the Information and Feedback we have for the DBD Team is in one place and not scattered around the forums.

Please list down your Issues with the Game Performance on PS4.

Be specific and share your experiences.

For Example:

System: PS4

Issue: Frame rate drops. Stuttering gameplay. Massive Lags when <insert here what happened>

Map: Backwater Swamp

Survivor/ Killer: Meg/ The Blight

Time: 6pm

If you have Video Footage awesome, if not try to describe it as good as possible.

Please don't post any hate messages to the DEV's or the MOD's. Be respectful and let's find a solution together to get a fix for the problems as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Comments

• MewMew Member Posts: 1,647

@Peanits @Almo @MandyTalk any updates?

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,816

And now I've learned that my PC used to run DbD worse than PS4. I feel some cross-platform kinship somehwere inside my shrivelled heart.

And it really didn't go away with a hardware upgrade, so don't cross your fingers for the next-gen consoles.

• druggedpug69druggedpug69 Member Posts: 155

Just be an xbox gamer. Problem solved. JK but I don't actually get frame drops, I get MASSIVE lag spikes though. The game freezes for a solid 3 seconds before anyone can move again. It's also pretty annoying when I'm right behind a survivor and then 1 second later they're way in front of me. But tbh, I'm not very surprised.

• GeondpGeondp Member Posts: 35

Have they even acknowledged anywhere that they understand its going on ?

I have been looking but NOwhere do I see that they even think it's a problem. That is worse then the problem existing at all, please talk to your "community". That's why you have so many FOG WHISPERS / community managers etc. A simple " We know we messed up and are working to fix it" would go a LONG LONG way

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 3,041

From what I've seen, no.

• TatsuiChiyoTatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 398

Well acknowledging the problem is admitting they made a mistake. Admitting they made a mistake lowers trust of consumers, which lowers the chances of cosmetic purchases. For a company that ses to be devolving into only caring about making money, of course they won't acknowledge the problem. Just pat each other on the backs when they make a new skin amd xharge people for it

• maderrmaderr Member Posts: 251
    edited October 2020

In the last stream, devs have said that the fps issue is mainly for players playing in 2k/4k lol...

While players playing in those resolutions have a 2080Ti that has a 50% usage...

Lol, this problem doesn't come from ultra HD but it looks like they don't even know what they are talking about...

Why don't they hire a small team of developpers t hat know how to use the engine and to optimise games with it ?

• seekingowlseekingowl Member Posts: 3

A Mod asked for a video showing the fps problem occurring after the 4.3.0 update in a post about it yesterday (10-20-20), and was given a 5 min video example. So, yes they definitely know, but I can't find any acknowledgement or the previous post.

• 53nation53nation Member Posts: 661