Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

About Charms (I hope devs read it)

ElcopolloElcopollo Member Posts: 717
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

So, everyone already knows about the console problems with it. And although there might be some superheroes who got the code, most of the console players haven't still managed to get it.

But the console isn't the only problem. One more problem that no one seems to raise awareness about are regions. Most of the Fog Whisperers, who give out the codes, are from the USA and Canada. That leads to a situation in which players, who live in the countries further away (like Ukraine, for example, where I live in) may get video-latency of approximately 3-6 seconds, due to which getting a code becomes not just hard, but rather impossible.

So it's either you have a perfect internet and you might have a chance if you're lucky, or you have good-to-bad internet and you will never get any Dwight-Crows. It's not ok, BHVR, it's really not. I get the idea of uniting Fog Whisperers with their communities, but they way of giving out codes which you are proposing is simply not fair. Events are supposed to unite the whole community and award all players for playing, but with this code-shtick you are only separating it further and most people simply get nothing.

You have 50,000+ people playing right now and giving out few thousand codes means that most won't get them.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• kaerukaeru Member Posts: 1,556

Different streamers have different methods to giveaway codes. Some streamers give all code except two last digits, and give last digits in 3 minutes. CrunchyEggrollz streaming right now. He was slowly typing letters for everyone could get it. He was typing so slow, that even console players could get it. There was only 150 viewers and not everyone tried to redeem code. It's a mornng in Ukraine right now, so you have a chance, because some fog whisperers streaming at night, some in the morning and some at evening. Someone said there is more than hundred fog whisperers, and not all of them really popular. I wish you luck!

• ElcopolloElcopollo Member Posts: 717
    edited October 2020

Paulie had the same method yesterday, when he gave out 2 codes. Latency still does its thing, sadly. Few seconds is nothing if you are just watching and communicating, but it's everything if you need to enter information from the screen in a matter of milliseconds, because there are 50 to 1000 other people like you trying to get the code. As I said, you need to have a perfect internet, which should not be a factor in giveaways like this.

@kaeru Thank you for the wish of luck, though <3

• kaerukaeru Member Posts: 1,556

I didn't watched Paulie, but I guess he is quite popular, so it's a tough competition to try redeem codes from streamers like him. Maybe you better find someone with about 100+ viewers. And about latency. I'm actually live in Kazakhstan and my latency should be about 40 ms worse than yours. And if I managed to redeem code, you can make it as well.

• XyvieliaXyvielia Member Posts: 1,814

Aw, it’s really not fair at all.

Wish I could get the charms an jus send em to ya😔

The devs are from all different areas of the world, so I’m sure they understand, jus surprised they didn’t take those with your situation into consideration beforehand when brainstorming this charm giveaway to better implement a method for every one to have a equal chance to get the reward.

Update: Managed to get the charm during TrU3Ta1ent's re-run stream. Hope that everyone else will get lucky the same way I did.

@Xyvielia @kaeru thank you for kind words, much love 💖

• RocketPenguinRocketPenguin Member Posts: 374

you can try youtube videos some whisperers have codes