Home Discussions General Discussions

What do you guys think about ptb being on console?

GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,163

After this ps4 frame rate issue I’d like to argue that console should be included ..paulie Esther tweeted about it saying he thinks console should have a ptb so what do you guys think ? -this is a discussion not a suggestion or feedback-

Comments

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 10,530

It would be amazing, but sadly not possible

PTB's are an entirely different game, I.E you have to install another version of DBD that is the PTB version (Kinda like Pubg's TTS) and then BHVR has to get confirmation to update that version whenever a PTB drops

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 1,675

There's so many issues console has that they miss. They should definitely do a ptb version for consoles. I get it's more of a hassle BUT at this point the hassle for ptb to prevent issues probably better than possible loss of players due to unplayable live game.

• JPLongstreetJPLongstreet Member Posts: 722
    edited October 23

This is pretty much it. Getting certification for both Sony and Microsoft for game file changes takes much too long compared to on PC.

The process through Steam is usually days while it would be weeks if not a month on console. Unlikely to change with the next gens either.

We peasants prolly lost this one in 2016.

• TerroTerro Member Posts: 398

There's also the fact that ptb runs worse in general, whether it's the network or whatever changes they make in the background. Ppl already (rightfully) complain about the poor performance on console, I think a console ptb might just blow up your console.

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 1,592

As someone who used to play PS4 and switched to PC, the PTB really isn’t that big of a deal and I no longer bother with it for more than the first hour it’s live (if that). For the amount of work it would require to give consoles access I really don’t think it’s worth it. They’re better off prioritising stuff that would actually have an impact on the live game imo.

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 3,622

It wouldn't change anything. Considering they release updates anyway, despite the breaking the game completely

• OBXOBX Member Posts: 523

It’s clear that the only reason they have ptb is to have free advertisement for new chapters on twitch streamers. They don’t quality check patches. There would be no point whatsoever

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 1,731

It is possible to get a PTB for consoles...

They just need to get Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo to agree to allowing a PTB on their system(s)

It would also be a step in the console optimizations the devs want

• APoipleTurtleAPoipleTurtle Member Posts: 851

As others have stated, having a PTB on console probably isn't all that feasible nor impactful. However, it would definitely be nice if the PC PTB could become more accessible for console players.

With the advent of linking to BHVR accounts, they could potentially make it possible for players from any platform to freely access the PTB with a computer (even if those players aren't allowed access the other parts of the PC version without buying it). Would likely improve upon the accuracy and detail of feedback they'd receive if the console population was more readily able to experiment with tested changes like the PC crowd can.

Admittedly I'm not entirely sure how easily this could be achieved nor is it a super high priority to me, but I do think it would be good food-for-thought as they hopefully take steps to improve accessibility in DbD.

• RizeAkiRizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

Would be great but can’t work cuz of how consoles and updates work. 😭