Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Everybody who bought the skins for 21k should be refunded.

Comments

• HlidskialfHlidskialf Member Posts: 58

Yeah im not losing anything just HOURS of grind.

Off topic, PS5 UX presentation said: "We believe that your playtime is variable and should be meaningful" and that's what i expect from this whole situation.

• GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,155
    edited October 2020

Do you have any idea what actually happened?

I'll take this as a no. You are completely missing the point but there is no reason to try to explain it to you because you aren't going to listen.

• aregularplayeraregularplayer Member Posts: 906

nobody told you to buy them on release day. be more patient, be wiser.

• CrythorCrythor Member Posts: 296

Also they should really make the old Blight skins buyable with shards again. Missed out on the nurse one cant get it now.

• DeckergirlDeckergirl Member Posts: 39

Like when fallout 76 came out & places started giving it out for free.

• BillyMain77BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415
    edited October 2020

I was upset till i seen this. Honestly if they made a post about it weather it be on a blog tweet forum post, cant be mad if you didnt see it.

Clearly says save 75% on the outfits at this time.

Edit : just seen this.

Did they discount the 2020 outfits or the older ones?

Im confused.

• ASurvkillivorerASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,343

But the discount we are getting is NOT 75% off?

I think they originally planned a sale for the old Halloween cosmetics?

Planning this would just be on another level of moronic.

• KingOfBadRNGKingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 424

Ohh well in that case I would probably wait till next year to see if anything happens.

• skiafluffskiafluff Member Posts: 58

This is why I took a trip to Argentina and while I was there loaded up with around 4000 pesos worth of shards :^]

• RocketPenguinRocketPenguin Member Posts: 374

personally i thought 2 things were going to happen, 1 nothing and these skins will stay that way, or 2 they will allow us to get syrum from either gens or plants(which both are in the game). but instead there was this unprecedented move to lower the shards price.

Ok easy just give everyone a partial refund right? Everyone will be happy

and Nothing so far

So people ask for what in my opinion they deserve, but seemingly half the people are just laughing that someone just got screwed over...

Like whats with the lack of empathy?

Are these all the people who run DS unbreakable or Mori's everygame... idk

• GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,155

Still not what this is about.

That was for older cosmetics. This is about the shard discount that came out today as compensation.

• Marc_go_soloMarc_go_solo Member Posts: 2,244

I think one main issue here is that, whilst there was indeed a post about discounts on selected items and cosmetics, the reduction in Hallowed Cursed cosmetics is noted as a bonus for the Hallowe'en event, not a reduction as part of the sale. It's not often expected that a brand new item is produced, only to reduce the cost dramatically within a matter of days. Normally it's a couple of months down the line at the next sale event. I'm thinking that this is the main issue.

It could be argued that earning the shards is free, so technically the outfit is free regardless - and there is that as I originally thought! Although, after pondering about it, it's still shards people may have been saving up especially for the event (and to earn that amount takes a long time!).

I will say I think this was more a knee-jerk response to the original complaints to the event. Ironically, if they just stuck to the free shards and bloodpoint sale they've done and not put in the bonus, I'd back BHVR in their response and say it's actually a decent answer! It's just by trying to over-please people with the cosmetics, they made a huge mistake.

They may have been with good intentions - and no, I don't side with any argument about it being a malicious move because if anything it's gonna cost them for those who'd rather use Auric Cells tha save up. But it was that they tried to do that extra step which has inadvertently belittled those who bought them earlier.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 6,892

you bought them for a higher price, therefore you were able to play them earlier.

i agree that they should have announced that as soon as the skins went live, but a refund is not going to happen.

instead of complaining, why cant we be happy they even give us one free skin and a good amount of progress to another?

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 3,822

I glad I waited but it suck for tho who got them before the sale.

This discussion has been closed.