Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

The new "map" balance

UsuiUsui Member Posts: 531

Sorry but the tiny bloodlust nerf wasn't good enough for how they gutted alot of these maps most notably red forest.

Comments

• UsuiUsui Member Posts: 531

@PinkEricka said:
    Orion said:

@Usui said:

Oh also since i'm here daily reminder of how they removed large amounts of pallets some patches ago, and there's still hooks everywhere 5 meters apart. What a joke.

Hooks are not 5 meters apart everywhere. Why are you lying?

It is common. I’ve seen 3 hooks all spawned right by each other before LOL.

That was no meme. I've seen 3 hooks setup with people all on 3 hooks so the killer legit can just stand in the middle and camp for a win. There are FAR to many hooks right now, and it's been a huge issue for a long time, there's practically no reason to even wiggle, and don't get me started on perks like boil over.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

@PinkEricka said:
    No misjudgement in the distance. Hook placements are just as messed up as totem placements.

Screenshot it then, let me see the distance.

• PinkErickaPinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Orion said:

@PinkEricka said:
    No misjudgement in the distance. Hook placements are just as messed up as totem placements.

I don’t screenshot things unless they are interesting nor do I record my gameplay. Play as survivor a few times and take a look around, I’m sure you’ll spot it. It’s also map specific.

@PinkEricka said:
    I don’t screenshot things unless they are interesting nor do I record my gameplay. Play as survivor a few times and take a look around, I’m sure you’ll spot it. It’s also map specific.

Which maps? I've found hooks relatively close together, but never 5 meters apart, no matter the map or the role. The two that I found that were closest to each other had enough distance between them for me to almost completely wiggle free (I sabotaged one).

• PinkErickaPinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    Orion said:

@PinkEricka said:

Which maps? I've found hooks relatively close together, but never 5 meters apart, no matter the map or the role. The two that I found that were closest to each other had enough distance between them for me to almost completely wiggle free (I sabotaged one).

If I remember correctly, autohaven is one of them. The one with the log cabin. Andddd Mothers Dwelling.

@PinkEricka said:
    Orion said:

@PinkEricka said:

If I remember correctly, autohaven is one of them. The one with the log cabin. Andddd Mothers Dwelling.

And both grim pantry maps, and 90% of macmillan maps, mine as well throw in cold farms as well.

@Usui said:

@PinkEricka said:

And both grim pantry maps, and 90% of macmillan maps, mine as well throw in cold farms as well.

So basically, about half the maps. It's amazing I've never run into this problem before, you two must be really unlucky. Hell, on Mother's Dwelling I've had Survivors wiggle free because the hooks were just too far apart. Still, I'll keep an eye out. If either of you are on PC, we can always check it in KYF.

• DelfadorDelfador Member Posts: 2,553

@Orion said:

@PinkEricka said:

I have seen 3 hooks very very close to each other too. I mean, my word is not the law here but I also am killer sided as well. I wouldn't try to defend survivors for no reason.

The main building in the red forest was as much ######### as the barn was. The problem with that map though is that there are not many things to loop, juke the killer. They did a good job shutting it down but they should have added something for the survivors as well.

@Delfador said:

@Orion said:

@PinkEricka said:

I have seen 3 hooks very very close to each other too. I mean, my word is not the law here but I also am killer sided as well. I wouldn't try to defend survivors for no reason.

The main building in the red forest was as much ######### as the barn was. The problem with that map though is that there are not many things to loop, juke the killer. They did a good job shutting it down but they should have added something for the survivors as well.

I'm not in here spewing lies I wouldn't say it if I haven't experienced it. I play everyday, i'm rank 1 every season I have over 2k hours in this game. I see this ALL THE TIME. I disagree, they completely gutted red forest, it's not even worth going to the mid house anymore you're guaranteed to get downed. It used to be about mind games, killer could go up and drop down on you etc to cut you off. Now that's just gone you have nowhere to go. Pretty good job so far.

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

I have seen 3 on the farm map by the combine and the close jungle gym almost in a perfect triangle.

• MichikoMichiko Member Posts: 623
    Orion said:

@Usui said:
    Oh also since i'm here daily reminder of how they removed large amounts of pallets some patches ago, and there's still hooks everywhere 5 meters apart. What a joke.

Hooks are not 5 meters apart everywhere. Why are you lying?

Hate to disagree with you, but this is a problem. I play huntress and have no problem getting to a hook fairly close to someone else I've just hooked (on certain maps.) Why do you think tunneling is so common? Literally all a killer has to do is hook the second person, turn back around and chase the unhooked survivor back down which happens everytime I play survivor (whether its to me or the person I saved.) I can try to catch some screenshots for you.

@Michiko said:
    Hate to disagree with you, but this is a problem. I play huntress and have no problem getting to a hook fairly close to someone else I've just hooked (on certain maps.) Why do you think tunneling is so common? Literally all a killer has to do is hook the second person, turn back around and chase the unhooked survivor back down which happens everytime I play survivor (whether its to me or the person I saved.) I can try to catch some screenshots for you.

Yes, hooks have been distributed in a fairly homogeneous manner throughout the maps to prevent so-called "dead zones", places where it's mathematically impossible for the Killer to hook someone. However, I've yet to see hooks spawn 5 meters from each other even once. As I mentioned, the closest two I saw were still far enough away that I almost wiggled free.

@PinkEricka @Usui, are either of you gonna take me up on my KYF offer, or are you playing on console?

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

It is a spawning issue. Generators, hooks and totems spawn way too close together. Sometimes you even spawn next to the killer. Buff/Nerf the spawn.

• MichikoMichiko Member Posts: 623
    Orion said:

@Michiko said:

Yes, hooks have been distributed in a fairly homogeneous manner throughout the maps to prevent so-called "dead zones", places where it's mathematically impossible for the Killer to hook someone. However, I've yet to see hooks spawn 5 meters from each other even once. As I mentioned, the closest two I saw were still far enough away that I almost wiggled free.

@PinkEricka @Usui, are either of you gonna take me up on my KYF offer, or are you playing on console?

Well like I said, I can try to get screenshots for you later. I'm not saying its 5 meters, but they're close enough to defeat the purpose of wiggling. It literally gives the wiggle bar a sense of being absolutely useless.
  • chemical_rejectchemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Orion said:

@Michiko said:

You'd have to HAVE friends to Kill your Friends.....just sayin
    edited September 2018

@Michiko said:
    Well like I said, I can try to get screenshots for you later. I'm not saying its 5 meters, but they're close enough to defeat the purpose of wiggling. It literally gives the wiggle bar a sense of being absolutely useless.

Yes, please get screenshots of hooks, but if they're not 5 meters apart (give or take another meter, because eyeballing it is not a reliable way to measure), OP's story crumbles into dust.

Wiggling is there to put pressure on the Killer to hook you ASAP instead of going for the most favorable location each time (i.e.: the basement). It's not there to prevent hooking altogether.