Home Rank update error and Disconnection Penalty

Please Remove Disconnect Penalty or fix it - Xbox

Hello,

I've been bumping into an issue that is completely unacceptable and is causing the game to be rendered unplayable. I CONSTANTLY crash and I play on Xbox. The Disconnect penalty assumes this is me quitting and so they slap me with a ban and since I never D/C its usually a 3-10 minute ban which is bearable but sometimes I get a chain crash and then get slapped with a 30 minute ban and honestly this makes me beyond frustrated. I understand the necessity of keeping players from Disconnecting and forcing the remaining players to suffer the consequences but if you guys can't update a disconnect detection system or keep the game from constantly crashing then just outright remove the feature. Its utterly punishing to those who don't do anything wrong and is unfair and I know that I'm not the only one suffering from this. Before you ask, Im wired internet on a static IP and everything that your list shows (which I think is ridiculous, that you'd have to reconfigure all sorts of things just to hope a game can run) and I'm still having this crashes.

It is with great sadness that I write something like this because the game is overall amazing but before graphics should come gameplay and I'm not seeing that and neither is the rest of the community. I ultimately want to keep playing but you're making it impossible.

Thanks in advance, if you do anything.

Comments

• xhimsa12xxhimsa12x Member Posts: 40

I was just given a 6 hour Ban from the same exact thing. This is the worst idea i think I’ve ever heard out of a game

• TeotlTeotl Member Posts: 1

I am kinda new in this game, when I first knew about this game penalizes you with not allowing to play the game I could it was hard to believe. I suffer from bad connection so I get small penalities, when that happens I just close the game and start with something else. I think they are losing gamers just like so. One thing is rage quit and another is network or game disconnections.

• Gimme_ChakraGimme_Chakra Member Posts: 3

Update:

Just tonight my game has crashed 3 times. The first one was by itself and was a 12 minute penalty out of nowhere. The last 2 were within a couple games of each other and it was a 15 minute and a (20?) minute penalty. Either way I'm getting punished for the game not running and its just dragging me down at this point. Please remove the penalty or re-work it.

• Bastius123Bastius123 Member Posts: 6

I'm afraid to be the bearer of bad news, but do you really think Behavior cares? There have been bugs and issues in this game from inception and any time they address one issue they make ten more. They removed it temporarily but the issue is their player base is dwindling hard. Too many DCs and people would just quit the game permanently. They like to be cheeky on Twitter, they know this is a running complaint but instead of listening to users they like to play cheeky thinking that it somehow buys their company any respect online. Were you around for the 4th year anniversary? Half the loading screens could basically be summarized as "lol we know our game is broken, keep spending money on us please". One literally read something to the effect of "Yeah, well WE think we did a pretty good job". They have no respect for you. They have no respect for their own game. The only thing they're interested in is your money. If you want them to fix it, the best thing you can do is quit for the day every time you're banned. If it persists then don't come back for longer. If enough of their players leave from bans then they'll lift them again. Only issue is those that are banned keep coming back immediately and many will also spend their money on more cosmetics and [BAD WORD]. Why would they fix it if you're willing to just grin and deal with it?

We need to start voting with our wallets more aggressively, they ONLY care about the vocal minority and that's just because they perceive them as the ones that will affect the bottom line. Maybe it's about time you join the ranks of the vocal few and start making a stink. Regardless of what you do, continuing to financially support them and continuing to play the game whenever the game's slanted trash strikes will only reward them for failing to sort their [BAD WORD].

• NoOneKnowsNovaNoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 142

Just asking, is this an Xbox one X by any chance? Because on my regular Xbox One I haven’t had this occur.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 1,101

Yes it's the Xbox One X I have had this problem for about 2 weeks. Game starts and freezes right away with a "errrrrrrrr" sound and game closes. Then start again to get a matchmaking ban. This should be removed on Xbox until problem is fixed.

• tonyischilltonyischill Member Posts: 43

This happens for me and I'm on the regular xbox one. The chances of a crash/freeze seem more likely the longer you play. It's gotten to the point where I always say a quick prayer before the start of the match