Home Discussions General Discussions

Should Spine Chill be nerfed?

2»

Comments

• APoipleTurtleAPoipleTurtle Member Posts: 936

I don't really think Spine Chill should get a cooldown, it would arguably be worse than Premonition at that point (wouldn't provide enough reliable info to work with and its small action boost would become useless).

It's range overall should be reduced (it's at 36m, that's larger than the average terror radius), definitely down to at least 32m, but it could maybe even be dropped to 28m or 24m.

It's range should be significantly reduced against killers who are Undetectable. As in, it shouldn't activate until they are within about 8m or so (maybe less) of your location and looking at you to give you that last-second opportunity to break away before they jump out and getcha.

• Jyn_MojitoJyn_Mojito Member Posts: 369

No, not unless SWF gets nerfed. I love stealth killers, but as solo q I can say I would feel pretty upset. And I definitely have the option to SWF, but Spine Chill is much quieter and better for my focus 🤫

• Customapple0Customapple0 Member Posts: 498

Nerfing Spine Chill will only cause more people to run the infamous meta build

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 528

If there were to be a nerf, I’d simply say take the speed boost it gives away. As much as it’s saved me a few times I find that reasonable, more than enough.

• Squirrel_ThiccSquirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 1,282

No.

• shane32shane32 Member Posts: 214

I'm a killer main and Spine chill and sprint burst are probably the only survivor perks that annoy me lol probably in the minority on that though.

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 763

"variety is a good thing"

"here's this perk that turns a stealth killer into every other killer"

are you serious? Undetectable should not be detectable by SC. Period.

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 763

further than every terror radius, I'd say that's pretty far

it's a complete joke

• BlooperReelBlooperReel Member Posts: 102

As far as I'm concerned, according to Spine Chill it only works "when the Killer is looking directly in your direction." That being said, unless you're looking where the survivor is, it won't activate.

As a killer you have free reign to move at them without looking at them. Sure (assuming you're on PC) you can't just hold W when you're headed towards them but if Spine Chill is that big of an issue then you'll accept it.

Personally I've never had an issue with them using it. Sure they take off running but unless they're good at running me it usually doesn't help and if a generator has progressed, it's fair to say you want to look around and in the end, they either take off running or I find them so...

• XombieRockerXombieRocker Member Posts: 139

As a few others have said, I believe a small range reduction would be justified. Bring it from 36 to 32 meters.

It would still counter stealth, still help in chases with vault speed, and would still tell you if a killer is bee-lining for you or chasing someone else.

But with a 32m range it would no longer give you such a huge early warning even against standard TR Killers.

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I am serious. Just because you’re stealth doesn’t mean you should have an easy hit or grab every time you try it.

Survivors still can’t tell where you’re coming from, you just have to out smart them.

• GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 1,772

Yeah. Its quite far for sure lol. I was just using a light touch.