Chapter 14 Teaser:
Give us your opinion! Complete the Players Satisfaction Survey! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DbDCSAT
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

The reason why I can’t stand survivors

who’s the toxic one?

the person who gets pissed after the match, or the dumbass who’s crouching near the hook because a Freddy is camping and he’s too scared to go in for the save. 
«1

Comments

  • KilligmaKilligma Member Posts: 342

    The major in this example. Being toxic in post game chat is...well, toxic. Waiting by the hook to see if there is a chance to save is not being toxic.

  • michaelmyers87michaelmyers87 Member Posts: 435
    Killigma said:

    The major in this example. Being toxic in post game chat is...well, toxic. Waiting by the hook to see if there is a chance to save is not being toxic.

    I consider that toxic. It’s ridiculous. Freddy is crapnfor the exact reason. Hook saves are incredibly easier against him than the other killers. 
  • Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,793
    Waiting over ten seconds by a hook is, That's someone not doing gens
  • MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,513
    The crouching when Freddy is camping has me triggered.

    One time all the gates were powered and I was hooked (first hook by the way). This STUPID Meg crouched and wouldn’t unhook me when it was a FREDDY who was camping. I went into the struggle phase and she FINALLY unhooked me and I made a run for the gate. Long story short I was downed and I died.

    Fellow survivors, if all the gates are powered and you know Freddy does not have NOED and your teammate is on the hook...do not crouch and wait for Freddy to leave. Freddy is not the killer for camping and they can make a break for the exit gate.
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

    @MegMain98 said:
    The crouching when Freddy is camping has me triggered.

    One time all the gates were powered and I was hooked (first hook by the way). This STUPID Meg crouched and wouldn’t unhook me when it was a FREDDY who was camping. I went into the struggle phase and she FINALLY unhooked me and I made a run for the gate. Long story short I was downed and I died.

    Fellow survivors, if all the gates are powered and you know Freddy does not have NOED and your teammate is on the hook...do not crouch and wait for Freddy to leave. Freddy is not the killer for camping and they can make a break for the exit gate.

    Most people don't know about a camping Freddy and how to deal with him, if the person in the dream world or he's already started the transition they'll get downed too.

  • Dolphin9192Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 119

    @MegMain98 said:
    The crouching when Freddy is camping has me triggered.

    One time all the gates were powered and I was hooked (first hook by the way). This STUPID Meg crouched and wouldn’t unhook me when it was a FREDDY who was camping. I went into the struggle phase and she FINALLY unhooked me and I made a run for the gate. Long story short I was downed and I died.

    I had something similar happen to me today but Freddie was not camping, a Nea ran to me, unhooked me and than tried to open the exit gate. It was my first hooking to so she could have gotten us both out. Farmers are everywhere!

  • WaffleWaffle Member Posts: 21

    I wouldn’t consider standing next to you while your on a hook toxic. If he wasn’t in Dream World, then he could have been looking for moving grass, if there was any grass. And if he was in Dream World it would have been really dumb to save you.

  • TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453
    Freddy is terrible at camping. It's obviously the survivors fault. 
    But survivors somehow are convinced that Freddy is OP.
  • WaffleWaffle Member Posts: 21

    @Tsulan said:
    Freddy is terrible at camping. It's obviously the survivors fault. 
    But survivors somehow are convinced that Freddy is OP.

    Just because he can’t grab you when your getting the survivor off the hook doesn’t make him bad. He can pull both of them in to the Dream World, chase one, down them. Then check around the map for the other ones aura, if there still I’m the Dream World but you can’t see there aura then they are in your terror radius. If you can see there auto go to then and down them. Also you can still see downed survivors auras, so you can leave them and chase someone else, down them and come back to the other, if there still on the floor. So I wouldn’t say he’s terrible at camping.

  • TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453
    Waffle said:

    @Tsulan said:
    Freddy is terrible at camping. It's obviously the survivors fault. 
    But survivors somehow are convinced that Freddy is OP.

    Just because he can’t grab you when your getting the survivor off the hook doesn’t make him bad. He can pull both of them in to the Dream World, chase one, down them. Then check around the map for the other ones aura, if there still I’m the Dream World but you can’t see there aura then they are in your terror radius. If you can see there auto go to then and down them. Also you can still see downed survivors auras, so you can leave them and chase someone else, down them and come back to the other, if there still on the floor. So I wouldn’t say he’s terrible at camping.

    They get a 7 second headstart. That's like a BT lite.
  • RuneRune Member Posts: 17

    @Tsulan said:
    Waffle said:

    @Tsulan said:

    Freddy is terrible at camping. It's obviously the survivors fault. 

    But survivors somehow are convinced that Freddy is OP.

    Just because he can’t grab you when your getting the survivor off the hook doesn’t make him bad. He can pull both of them in to the Dream World, chase one, down them. Then check around the map for the other ones aura, if there still I’m the Dream World but you can’t see there aura then they are in your terror radius. If you can see there auto go to then and down them. Also you can still see downed survivors auras, so you can leave them and chase someone else, down them and come back to the other, if there still on the floor. So I wouldn’t say he’s terrible at camping.

    They get a 7 second headstart. That's like a BT lite.

    "headstart" indicates that you can't chase during that time, and you can. why do you think tunneling freddies are so viable?

  • GicheGiche Member Posts: 753
    edited September 2018

    @Rune said:

    "headstart" indicates that you can't chase during that time, and you can. why do you think tunneling freddies are so viable?

    Because he can simply put the freshly unhooked survivor asleep only while ignoring the other.

    Other who can't bodyblock him to protect the first survivor.

    "Headstart" also mean that 7 seconds is way enough time to go at the nearest loop spot or Jungle gym.

  • TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453
    Rune said:

    @Tsulan said:
    Waffle said:

    @Tsulan said:

    Freddy is terrible at camping. It's obviously the survivors fault. 

    But survivors somehow are convinced that Freddy is OP.

    Just because he can’t grab you when your getting the survivor off the hook doesn’t make him bad. He can pull both of them in to the Dream World, chase one, down them. Then check around the map for the other ones aura, if there still I’m the Dream World but you can’t see there aura then they are in your terror radius. If you can see there auto go to then and down them. Also you can still see downed survivors auras, so you can leave them and chase someone else, down them and come back to the other, if there still on the floor. So I wouldn’t say he’s terrible at camping.

    They get a 7 second headstart. That's like a BT lite.

    "headstart" indicates that you can't chase during that time, and you can. why do you think tunneling freddies are so viable?

    If you tunnel with Freddy, you are playing him wrong. 
  • MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,513

    @Tsulan said:
    Rune said:

    @Tsulan said:

    Waffle said:

    @Tsulan said:
    
    Freddy is terrible at camping. It's obviously the survivors fault. 
    
    But survivors somehow are convinced that Freddy is OP.
    
    
    
    Just because he can’t grab you when your getting the survivor off the hook doesn’t make him bad. He can pull both of them in to the Dream World, chase one, down them. Then check around the map for the other ones aura, if there still I’m the Dream World but you can’t see there aura then they are in your terror radius. If you can see there auto go to then and down them. Also you can still see downed survivors auras, so you can leave them and chase someone else, down them and come back to the other, if there still on the floor. So I wouldn’t say he’s terrible at camping.
    

    They get a 7 second headstart. That's like a BT lite.

    "headstart" indicates that you can't chase during that time, and you can. why do you think tunneling freddies are so viable?

    If you tunnel with Freddy, you are playing him wrong. 

    Then tell that to every Freddy who tunnels the obsession when they run Remember Me.

  • thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 5,283
    edited September 2018

    @MegMain98 said:
    The crouching when Freddy is camping has me triggered.

    One time all the gates were powered and I was hooked (first hook by the way). This STUPID Meg crouched and wouldn’t unhook me when it was a FREDDY who was camping. I went into the struggle phase and she FINALLY unhooked me and I made a run for the gate. Long story short I was downed and I died.

    Fellow survivors, if all the gates are powered and you know Freddy does not have NOED and your teammate is on the hook...do not crouch and wait for Freddy to leave. Freddy is not the killer for camping and they can make a break for the exit gate.

    If he's running stacked blocks you don't want to do that. He can put the guy to sleep really fast, you'd need BT like any other killer to make the save. And if he's a smart Freddy he won't put anyone else to sleep and you won't be able to body block.

  • TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453
    MegMain98 said:

    @Tsulan said:
    Rune said:

    @Tsulan said:

    Waffle said:

    @Tsulan said:
    
    Freddy is terrible at camping. It's obviously the survivors fault. 
    
    But survivors somehow are convinced that Freddy is OP.
    
    
    
    Just because he can’t grab you when your getting the survivor off the hook doesn’t make him bad. He can pull both of them in to the Dream World, chase one, down them. Then check around the map for the other ones aura, if there still I’m the Dream World but you can’t see there aura then they are in your terror radius. If you can see there auto go to then and down them. Also you can still see downed survivors auras, so you can leave them and chase someone else, down them and come back to the other, if there still on the floor. So I wouldn’t say he’s terrible at camping.
    

    They get a 7 second headstart. That's like a BT lite.

    "headstart" indicates that you can't chase during that time, and you can. why do you think tunneling freddies are so viable?

    If you tunnel with Freddy, you are playing him wrong. 

    Then tell that to every Freddy who tunnels the obsession when they run Remember Me.

    What's next? Survivors complaining about being tunneled by Dying Light users?
  • MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,513

    @Tsulan said:
    MegMain98 said:

    @Tsulan said:

    Rune said:

    @Tsulan said:
    
    Waffle said:
    

    @Tsulan said: Freddy is terrible at camping. It's obviously the survivors fault.  But survivors somehow are convinced that Freddy is OP. Just because he can’t grab you when your getting the survivor off the hook doesn’t make him bad. He can pull both of them in to the Dream World, chase one, down them. Then check around the map for the other ones aura, if there still I’m the Dream World but you can’t see there aura then they are in your terror radius. If you can see there auto go to then and down them. Also you can still see downed survivors auras, so you can leave them and chase someone else, down them and come back to the other, if there still on the floor. So I wouldn’t say he’s terrible at camping.

    They get a 7 second headstart. That's like a BT lite.
    
    
    
    "headstart" indicates that you can't chase during that time, and you can. why do you think tunneling freddies are so viable?
    

    If you tunnel with Freddy, you are playing him wrong. 

    Then tell that to every Freddy who tunnels the obsession when they run Remember Me.

    What's next? Survivors complaining about being tunneled by Dying Light users?

    You just said “If you tunnel with Freddy, you are playing him wrong.” There is a reason that killers get a 1K when they tunnel.

  • MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,513

    @thesuicidefox said:

    @MegMain98 said:
    The crouching when Freddy is camping has me triggered.

    One time all the gates were powered and I was hooked (first hook by the way). This STUPID Meg crouched and wouldn’t unhook me when it was a FREDDY who was camping. I went into the struggle phase and she FINALLY unhooked me and I made a run for the gate. Long story short I was downed and I died.

    Fellow survivors, if all the gates are powered and you know Freddy does not have NOED and your teammate is on the hook...do not crouch and wait for Freddy to leave. Freddy is not the killer for camping and they can make a break for the exit gate.

    If he's running stacked blocks you don't want to do that. He can put the guy to sleep really fast, you'd need BT like any other killer to make the save. And if he's a smart Freddy he won't put anyone else to sleep and you won't be able to body block.

    The point is that it was end game with no NOED and the gates were open. He had no stacked blocks and it was a seven second transition. No point trying to play the urban immersion role when Freddy is obviously gonna camp (how any Freddy players camps don’t ask me).

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,071

    @Tsulan said:
    MegMain98 said:

    Then tell that to every Freddy who tunnels the obsession when they run Remember Me.

    What's next? Survivors complaining about being tunneled by Dying Light users?

    They have a point, killers say do this then when they say that's a bad idea get a response like yours.

  • TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453
    powerbats said:

    @Tsulan said:
    MegMain98 said:

    Then tell that to every Freddy who tunnels the obsession when they run Remember Me.

    What's next? Survivors complaining about being tunneled by Dying Light users?

    They have a point, killers say do this then when they say that's a bad idea get a response like yours.

    I stand to my opinion. The rule is, if a Freddy camps or tunnels, he's playing him wrong. 
    As with any rule, exceptions apply.

    Remember Me and Dying Light are both terrible perks. The killer wastes to much time focusing on that single survivor and therefore loses.

    Better?
  • HookedonDemandHookedonDemand Member Posts: 178

    Yes, all the people who play survivor are the exact same person, same opinions, same play style, same hairdo probably. Man, I hate generalizing. :'(

  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721
    edited September 2018

    @HookedonDemand said:
    Yes, all the people who play survivor are the exact same person, same opinions, same play style, same hairdo probably. Man, I hate generalizing. :'(

    "Not all [blank]" gets thrown out the window when it's the majority of people one encounters.

  • HookedonDemandHookedonDemand Member Posts: 178

    @Orion said:

    @HookedonDemand said:
    Yes, all the people who play survivor are the exact same person, same opinions, same play style, same hairdo probably. Man, I hate generalizing. :'(

    "Not all [blank]" gets thrown out the window when it's the majority of people one encounters.

    The majority (even if it that wasn't a completely subjective impression to begin with) is still not all of them. Does it not bother you when people say that all killers facecamp since they have no skill as if that applies to you as well, even if they're only talking about one specific killer in one match ?

    Putting everyone down just because they share one thing doesn't help having civil discussions. You preemptively insult people by doing that.

  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

    @HookedonDemand said:

    @Orion said:

    @HookedonDemand said:
    Yes, all the people who play survivor are the exact same person, same opinions, same play style, same hairdo probably. Man, I hate generalizing. :'(

    "Not all [blank]" gets thrown out the window when it's the majority of people one encounters.

    The majority (even if it that wasn't a completely subjective impression to begin with) is still not all of them. Does it not bother you when people say that all killers facecamp since they have no skill as if that applies to you as well, even if they're only talking about one specific killer in one match ?

    Putting everyone down just because they share one thing doesn't help having civil discussions. You preemptively insult people by doing that.

    It bothers me because I know they're making [BAD WORD] up and trying to insult people because they're bad themselves. However, I also know that Survivors are overwhelmingly more toxic than Killers, and anyone who's been here from the start can attest to that.

  • EvelineEveline Member Posts: 2,340
    When I first started playing I thought the same but I encountered so many toxic killers that I see no difference. I always played respectfully, never teabag, never used ds nor planning to etc. What did I got? Face camp, hard tunnel, being hit while hooked, lag switch, nod, dc whenever they don't like items, offerings, outcome after the failed chase and lots of other stuff.

    Let me be clear, I don't mind any perks that killers use nor do I mind being camped or tunneled when it's done normally, never. What I do mind is being abused for no reason  and killers doing uneccessary stuff which are meant to provoke me.
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

    @Eveline said:
    When I first started playing I thought the same but I encountered so many toxic killers that I see no difference. I always played respectfully, never teabag, never used ds nor planning to etc. What did I got? Face camp, hard tunnel, being hit while hooked, lag switch, nod, dc whenever they don't like items, offerings, outcome after the failed chase and lots of other stuff.

    Let me be clear, I don't mind any perks that killers use nor do I mind being camped or tunneled when it's done normally, never. What I do mind is being abused for no reason  and killers doing uneccessary stuff which are meant to provoke me.

    That's because you haven't been here from the start, trust me.

  • thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 5,283
    edited September 2018

    @Tsulan said:
    I stand to my opinion. The rule is, if a Freddy camps or tunnels, he's playing him wrong. 
    As with any rule, exceptions apply.

    Remember Me and Dying Light are both terrible perks. The killer wastes to much time focusing on that single survivor and therefore loses.

    If you run Dying Light with Class Photo then tunneling is VERY effective. You use CP to find the obsession, and if you can kill them before they finish 3 gens you can lock down the game for an eternity as long as you just keep sleeping them with CP. Obviously you'd need a mori, Ruin, and stuff, but Freddy can be seriously effective at tunneling the DL obsession if you use CP. He also has Black Box, which goes well with Remember Me. The trick is you need to do a build around these perks for them to be effective. But if done right, then a Freddy tunnel can win you the game in ways other killers can't do (because they lack tools to find the obsession so fast). IMO Freddy is the only character that can use DL effectively because of CP and BB.

  • ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 844
    Tsulan said:
    powerbats said:

    @Tsulan said:
    MegMain98 said:

    Then tell that to every Freddy who tunnels the obsession when they run Remember Me.

    What's next? Survivors complaining about being tunneled by Dying Light users?

    They have a point, killers say do this then when they say that's a bad idea get a response like yours.

    I stand to my opinion. The rule is, if a Freddy camps or tunnels, he's playing him wrong. 
    As with any rule, exceptions apply.

    Remember Me and Dying Light are both terrible perks. The killer wastes to much time focusing on that single survivor and therefore loses.

    Better?
    High risk high reward the dying light effect is nasty ya you can lose the game because you overcommit to it and the survivours is good but if they mess up a lot this perk can easily secure yiu a 4k. Besides playing a nix up of differents builds is fun for me. One day ill be playing an all hex totem build anither day ill be playing mori dying light freddy. Eventually you get tired of enduring bbq nurses ruin builds and you want to mix it up. End game builds are cool too sometimes. If you want to play optimum builds all the time it gets old fast. 
  • Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 2,749
    edited September 2018

    Dying Light and End-Game Freddy are [BAD WORD] disgusting.

    Makes me proud to be a Freddy main so I can abuse these builds.

Sign In or Register to comment.