Design | Chapter 18 Changes
It’s been a little over a week since Chapter 18 hit the Player Test Build, and we’ve prepared some changes based on the feedback we’ve received. We would like to make these changes clear before the Chapter releases so you can make an informed decision about your purchase.
As the release approaches, our time to make these changes are limited. As a result, some of the intended changes will arrive in future updates.
Furthermore, please remember that there is a list of known issues available at the bottom of the PTB patch notes (which can be found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/269). Fixing some of these issues will alter the effectiveness of The Twins and perks in the process.
Please note that the changes listed below are tentative. Their release date and exact details are subject to change.
- Made the map-wide sound when Victor is released clearer.
- After being attached to a Survivor for 45 seconds, Charlotte will see Victor’s aura and be able to recall him.
Sometimes a Survivor would keep Victor on their back to prevent the Killer from using their power. This way, there is a great risk to doing so and the Killer has the ability to forcefully regain their power after some time.
- Replaced the Spinning Top add-on effect: This add-on will now cause Survivors to drop their items when pounced on by Victor.
- Increased Victor’s movement speed while charging a pounce, and increased the amount of time it takes to reach this movement speed.
Due to the slow movement speed while pouncing, hitting a Survivor with Victor while they are around a small enough loop/object could be very difficult. These two changes while cause you to lose less distance while charging your pounce, making it easier to use in those situations.
- Coup de Grace: Reduced the lunge increase from 60/80/100% to 40/50/60%.
The values for Coup de Grace on the PTB were higher than anticipated. We’ll be reducing them to a more reasonable level.
Future Updates / Hotfix
- Victor will be able to interact with lockers and hold a Survivor inside for a short amount of time. If Charlotte interacts with the locker in time, she will grab the Survivor. If the Survivor is not grabbed out of the locker in time, they will break free, killing Victor in the process.
During the PTB, Survivors realized that they can jump in a locker to avoid Victor since he is unable to search lockers. To prevent this, we’ll be giving Victor a unique interaction with lockers. This will take some animation work, however, so this will not be ready for the initial release.
- Adding a delay to the Exit Gate blocker when a Survivor is downed with Victor on their back.
Currently, the Exit Gate blocker disappears immediately if a Survivor with Victor on their back is downed. This allows them to crawl out before Charlotte can finishing wiping her weapon. This delay ensures that the Survivor can be picked up before the blocker disappears.
- Appraisal: The speed bonus no longer applies to unlocking a chest, only rummaging.
- Appraisal: Each chest can only be rummaged once per Survivor.
This change prevents someone from rummaging the same chest multiple times, creating a large pile of items. We want to encourage people to move around the map and rummage different chests. The overall number of times you can rummage is unchanged.
Again, we want to reiterate that these changes are tentative. The exact details and times for these changes may vary from the list above. We hope these changes address any concerns you may have had, and we can’t wait for you to get your hands on Chapter 18!