We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

How to turn the Spirit into a Viable Killer

LRGamerLRGamer Member Posts: 153
edited September 2018 in General Discussions
So there are a few ways to do this:

1. Make her base Speed 115%

2. Make her Power have no limit at all

3. Make her Power have a Shorter
    Cool-down as well as Making her even              
    Faster in her Power

Or the 4th Way: Make her be able to see
    Survivors while using her Power
«1

Comments

  • Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    edited September 2018

    And she should be able to move while charging her power. :P

    She is losing so much ground while activating her power.

  • JoannaVOJoannaVO Member Posts: 747

    I think, if you play her right with some of her perks, she currently already is a viable killer. She just requires practicing in mindgaming.

  • KilligmaKilligma Member Posts: 342

    I agree with the first suggestion but the other three are just ridicules. If she was able to use her power for however long she wanted, limited cool down AND able to see Survivors she would be broken. I am all for making every Killer viable, but not broken lol.

  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

    All of those together would just turn her into the Wraith. What she needs depends on what the devs want to do with her.

    Do they want her to be a mindgame Killer who uses (or pretends to use) her power mid-chase to trick Survivors? If so:

    • Her ability needs to activate more quickly.
    • She needs to move more quickly (115%).

    Do they want her to be a stealth Killer who can interrupt Survivors? If so:

    • Her power should not have any cues (audio, visual, or otherwise) except a medium-range (40m) audio cue to indicate that she has begun to use it.

    Do they want her to be able to cut off Survivors through the use of her power during chases? If so:

    • She needs to be able to see Survivors while she's using her power.

    Right now I'm not sure what the devs want her to be able to do, but it seems to be some combination of the three. This simply won't do with her current kit.

  • Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

    @JoannaVO said:
    I think, if you play her right with some of her perks, she currently already is a viable killer. She just requires practicing in mindgaming.

    Most mindgame talk is just a lame survivor excuse.
    Something is broken and unfair for the killer -> "you need to mingame it"
    It's like "if you get looped and the chase is to long, stop tunneling and switch target" = get looped by the next guy

  • LRGamerLRGamer Member Posts: 153
    JoannaVO said:

    I think, if you play her right with some of her perks, she currently already is a viable killer. She just requires practicing in mindgaming.

    I know because that’s what I do at Rank 8
    Survivors will however know how to counter her in about a Week or 2
  • LRGamerLRGamer Member Posts: 153
    Killigma said:

    I agree with the first suggestion but the other three are just ridicules. If she was able to use her power for however long she wanted, limited cool down AND able to see Survivors she would be broken. I am all for making every Killer viable, but not broken lol.

    I meant that all of them were a choice and didn’t mean all of them together
  • LRGamerLRGamer Member Posts: 153
    edited September 2018
    Orion said:

    All of those together would just turn her into the Wraith. What she needs depends on what the devs want to do with her.

    Do they want her to be a mindgame Killer who uses (or pretends to use) her power mid-chase to trick Survivors? If so:

    • Her ability needs to activate more quickly.
    • She needs to move more quickly (115%).

    Do they want her to be a stealth Killer who can interrupt Survivors? If so:

    • Her power should not have any cues (audio, visual, or otherwise) except a medium-range (40m) audio cue to indicate that she has begun to use it.

    Do they want her to be able to cut off Survivors through the use of her power during chases? If so:

    • She needs to be able to see Survivors while she's using her power.

    Right now I'm not sure what the devs want her to be able to do, but it seems to be some combination of the three. This simply won't do with her current kit.

    I forgot the Audio Cues but they already said that they’re going to buff her
    Janick and Gabri...Not_Queen already said it on the forums
  • shadowsfall42shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    All she needs to be good, is a faster CD on her power, which was confirmed to be on the list of changes for midseason patch, as well as being able to use her power without needing it to be fully recharged, and for the sound cue in phase walk for the survivors to be quieter. These changes would justify her being 110% MS and she would be quite viable although still difficult to play. She wouldn't quite be on the level of Nurse, Billy, Hag, but with plenty of skill, she'll be a nightmare. As she is now she's passable, barely.
  • Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,793
    LRGamer said:
    So there are a few ways to do this:

    1. Make her base Speed 115%

    2. Make her Power have no limit at all

    3. Make her Power have a Shorter
        Cool-down as well as Making her even              
        Faster in her Power

    Or the 4th Way: Make her be able to see
        Survivors while using her Power
    Or use bloody hair brooch and speed increasing add on for a more precise gap closer than a killer blink without going through walls. She needs limits and she is viable, hard to learn though. Her charge time at base is a little too long, improve by not much. The white noise she makes is too loud on the survivors side, it sounds like an air conditioner.
  • Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,793
    All she needs to be good, is a faster CD on her power, which was confirmed to be on the list of changes for midseason patch, as well as being able to use her power without needing it to be fully recharged, and for the sound cue in phase walk for the survivors to be quieter. These changes would justify her being 110% MS and she would be quite viable although still difficult to play. She wouldn't quite be on the level of Nurse, Billy, Hag, but with plenty of skill, she'll be a nightmare. As she is now she's passable, barely.
    Where was the cooldown confirmed? Got a link? 
  • LRGamerLRGamer Member Posts: 153
    All she needs to be good, is a faster CD on her power, which was confirmed to be on the list of changes for midseason patch, as well as being able to use her power without needing it to be fully recharged, and for the sound cue in phase walk for the survivors to be quieter. These changes would justify her being 110% MS and she would be quite viable although still difficult to play. She wouldn't quite be on the level of Nurse, Billy, Hag, but with plenty of skill, she'll be a nightmare. As she is now she's passable, barely.
    Where was the cooldown confirmed? Got a link? 
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/
    en
    /discussion/
    comment/137198#
    Comment_137198

  • JoannaVOJoannaVO Member Posts: 747

    @LRGamer said:
    JoannaVO said:

    I think, if you play her right with some of her perks, she currently already is a viable killer. She just requires practicing in mindgaming.

    I know because that’s what I do at Rank 8
    Survivors will however know how to counter her in about a Week or 2

    Then there are still many builds you could try out like how it has to be done with many other killers. There must be a perk set that works well with her power without needing to change anything.

    @Wolf74 said:

    @JoannaVO said:
    I think, if you play her right with some of her perks, she currently already is a viable killer. She just requires practicing in mindgaming.

    Most mindgame talk is just a lame survivor excuse.
    Something is broken and unfair for the killer -> "you need to mingame it"
    It's like "if you get looped and the chase is to long, stop tunneling and switch target" = get looped by the next guy

    It's not a lame survivor excuse, It's pretty much what decides how a chase will go (and if chase turns out to be really long it also influences the rest of the game).

  • IcemanIceman Member Posts: 1,149
    LRGamer said:
    Orion said:

    All of those together would just turn her into the Wraith. What she needs depends on what the devs want to do with her.

    Do they want her to be a mindgame Killer who uses (or pretends to use) her power mid-chase to trick Survivors? If so:

    • Her ability needs to activate more quickly.
    • She needs to move more quickly (115%).

    Do they want her to be a stealth Killer who can interrupt Survivors? If so:

    • Her power should not have any cues (audio, visual, or otherwise) except a medium-range (40m) audio cue to indicate that she has begun to use it.

    Do they want her to be able to cut off Survivors through the use of her power during chases? If so:

    • She needs to be able to see Survivors while she's using her power.

    Right now I'm not sure what the devs want her to be able to do, but it seems to be some combination of the three. This simply won't do with her current kit.

    I forgot the Audio Cues but they already said that they’re going to buff her
    Janick and Gabri...Not_Queen already said it on the forums
    Where in the forums did they say this? 
  • Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,793
    Iceman said:
    LRGamer said:
    Orion said:

    All of those together would just turn her into the Wraith. What she needs depends on what the devs want to do with her.

    Do they want her to be a mindgame Killer who uses (or pretends to use) her power mid-chase to trick Survivors? If so:

    • Her ability needs to activate more quickly.
    • She needs to move more quickly (115%).

    Do they want her to be a stealth Killer who can interrupt Survivors? If so:

    • Her power should not have any cues (audio, visual, or otherwise) except a medium-range (40m) audio cue to indicate that she has begun to use it.

    Do they want her to be able to cut off Survivors through the use of her power during chases? If so:

    • She needs to be able to see Survivors while she's using her power.

    Right now I'm not sure what the devs want her to be able to do, but it seems to be some combination of the three. This simply won't do with her current kit.

    I forgot the Audio Cues but they already said that they’re going to buff her
    Janick and Gabri...Not_Queen already said it on the forums
    Where in the forums did they say this? 
    I saw it, midchapter buffs yeh. It's in a thread, look for the killer thread by pigmainbrain on spirit sounds
  • TatsuiChiyoTatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 185

    I use her to ambush at gens which has been doing pretty well so far, I don't even mind the whoosh sound that happens when I'm approaching since it gives Survivors a fair chance to know I'm coming. I do agree though her movement speed or lunge range needs to be increased slightly. Playing her on Lery's is close to impossible thanks to all the vault spaces and crap littered everywhere.

  • SteveyHoovesSteveyHooves Member Posts: 246
    I lose survivors every time I use her ability. 
  • Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,282
    If they want her to depend on her power which is what huntress, hag and nurse do she needs access to her power... she needs a much shorter cooldown and movement while charging even if it's a reduced speed.. even if she were able to see survivors while phasing she doesn't have enough time in phase to make any true difference imo..  that's another thing she needs more time phase walking 
  • DeadByFlashlightDeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

    @JoannaVO said:
    I think, if you play her right with some of her perks, she currently already is a viable killer. She just requires practicing in mindgaming.

    I dont think so, especially when it comes to coordination via voice comms

  • Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,793
    Bravo0413 said:
    If they want her to depend on her power which is what huntress, hag and nurse do she needs access to her power... she needs a much shorter cooldown and movement while charging even if it's a reduced speed.. even if she were able to see survivors while phasing she doesn't have enough time in phase to make any true difference imo..  that's another thing she needs more time phase walking 
    Midchapter buffs confirmed, the 20 second charge time isn't worth 5 seconds so add on reliant. The white noise is too loud too. 
  • JoannaVOJoannaVO Member Posts: 747

    @DeadByFlashlight said:

    @JoannaVO said:
    I think, if you play her right with some of her perks, she currently already is a viable killer. She just requires practicing in mindgaming.

    I dont think so, especially when it comes to coordination via voice comms

    But there is no other killer but nurse who can go up against organized SWF on comms. Let's just take a solo survivor queueing theme that gets in the game and does not know who the killer is yet. Then you would have a good chance of getting a 4k with the Spirit.

  • DeadByFlashlightDeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

    @JoannaVO said:

    @DeadByFlashlight said:

    @JoannaVO said:
    I think, if you play her right with some of her perks, she currently already is a viable killer. She just requires practicing in mindgaming.

    I dont think so, especially when it comes to coordination via voice comms

    But there is no other killer but nurse who can go up against organized SWF on comms. Let's just take a solo survivor queueing theme that gets in the game and does not know who the killer is yet. Then you would have a good chance of getting a 4k with the Spirit.

    Exactly and this is why nurse is the only balanced killer.

    SWf is part of this game now, accept it and ofc it has to be balanced around SWF now

  • GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 770

    2 and 4 would be to powerful.

  • Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,793
    JoannaVO said:

    @DeadByFlashlight said:

    @JoannaVO said:
    I think, if you play her right with some of her perks, she currently already is a viable killer. She just requires practicing in mindgaming.

    I dont think so, especially when it comes to coordination via voice comms

    But there is no other killer but nurse who can go up against organized SWF on comms. Let's just take a solo survivor queueing theme that gets in the game and does not know who the killer is yet. Then you would have a good chance of getting a 4k with the Spirit.

    Idk bout 4k if they aren't in comms. Hatch is quite regular.
  • JoannaVOJoannaVO Member Posts: 747

    @DeadByFlashlight said:

    @JoannaVO said:

    @DeadByFlashlight said:

    @JoannaVO said:
    I think, if you play her right with some of her perks, she currently already is a viable killer. She just requires practicing in mindgaming.

    I dont think so, especially when it comes to coordination via voice comms

    But there is no other killer but nurse who can go up against organized SWF on comms. Let's just take a solo survivor queueing theme that gets in the game and does not know who the killer is yet. Then you would have a good chance of getting a 4k with the Spirit

    Exactly and this is why nurse is the only balanced killer.

    SWf is part of this game now, accept it and ofc it has to be balanced around SWF now

    It has been part of the game for quite a while, and I haven't said anywhere that I have trouble accepting so. But I'm not going to pretend like every match must have SWF in the survivor team because that's just total BS. Many people still play solo (like me).

  • JoannaVOJoannaVO Member Posts: 747

    @Dabrownman1812 said:
    JoannaVO said:

    @DeadByFlashlight said:

     @JoannaVO said:
    

    I think, if you play her right with some of her perks, she currently already is a viable killer. She just requires practicing in mindgaming.

    I dont think so, especially when it comes to coordination via voice comms

    But there is no other killer but nurse who can go up against organized SWF on comms. Let's just take a solo survivor queueing theme that gets in the game and does not know who the killer is yet. Then you would have a good chance of getting a 4k with the Spirit.

    Idk bout 4k if they aren't in comms. Hatch is quite regular.

    But there will be a new solution for the hatch, so a survivor has to do more for their escape and a 4k could be gained with the Spirit.

  • TheKillerAppleTheKillerApple Member Posts: 1

    @JoannaVO said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:
    JoannaVO said:

    @DeadByFlashlight said:

     @JoannaVO said:
    

    I think, if you play her right with some of her perks, she currently already is a viable killer. She just requires practicing in mindgaming.

    I dont think so, especially when it comes to coordination via voice comms

    But there is no other killer but nurse who can go up against organized SWF on comms. Let's just take a solo survivor queueing theme that gets in the game and does not know who the killer is yet. Then you would have a good chance of getting a 4k with the Spirit.

    Idk bout 4k if they aren't in comms. Hatch is quite regular.

    But there will be a new solution for the hatch, so a survivor has to do more for their escape and a 4k could be gained with the Spirit.

    While there’s been a need for a hatch solution for a long, long... long time now, I think @JoannaVO is right. I just got the new killer last night and my initial thought, “She is terrible”, but after adding perks, my opinion is changing.

    The hatch solution I use; When there’s only 2 survivors left, I down 1 and then hunt for the other. Sometimes I have to down the first a few times, but generally the other survivor slips up somehow. A lot of times I’ll just hook the 3rd and not bother with getting the 4K, which allows for quicker games.

  • JoannaVOJoannaVO Member Posts: 747

    Yeah, I play around with her too when I play as a killer, and when you understand her well enough she can be good. Definetly underrated for now by some.

  • DeadByFlashlightDeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

    @JoannaVO said:

    @DeadByFlashlight said:

    @JoannaVO said:

    @DeadByFlashlight said:

    @JoannaVO said:
    I think, if you play her right with some of her perks, she currently already is a viable killer. She just requires practicing in mindgaming.

    I dont think so, especially when it comes to coordination via voice comms

    But there is no other killer but nurse who can go up against organized SWF on comms. Let's just take a solo survivor queueing theme that gets in the game and does not know who the killer is yet. Then you would have a good chance of getting a 4k with the Spirit

    Exactly and this is why nurse is the only balanced killer.

    SWf is part of this game now, accept it and ofc it has to be balanced around SWF now

    It has been part of the game for quite a while, and I haven't said anywhere that I have trouble accepting so. But I'm not going to pretend like every match must have SWF in the survivor team because that's just total BS. Many people still play solo (like me).

    Sure there are solo players out there, I am a solo survivor aswell. But that doesnt change the fact that SWF is really common now and of course the game has to be balanced around this.
    Killers have to verse these kind of teams, you cant deny this

  • DeadByFlashlightDeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

    @TheKillerApple said:

    @JoannaVO said:

    @Dabrownman1812 said:
    JoannaVO said:

    @DeadByFlashlight said:

     @JoannaVO said:
    

    I think, if you play her right with some of her perks, she currently already is a viable killer. She just requires practicing in mindgaming.

    I dont think so, especially when it comes to coordination via voice comms

    But there is no other killer but nurse who can go up against organized SWF on comms. Let's just take a solo survivor queueing theme that gets in the game and does not know who the killer is yet. Then you would have a good chance of getting a 4k with the Spirit.

    Idk bout 4k if they aren't in comms. Hatch is quite regular.

    But there will be a new solution for the hatch, so a survivor has to do more for their escape and a 4k could be gained with the Spirit.

    While there’s been a need for a hatch solution for a long, long... long time now, I think @JoannaVO is right. I just got the new killer last night and my initial thought, “She is terrible”, but after adding perks, my opinion is changing.

    The hatch solution I use; When there’s only 2 survivors left, I down 1 and then hunt for the other. Sometimes I have to down the first a few times, but generally the other survivor slips up somehow. A lot of times I’ll just hook the 3rd and not bother with getting the 4K, which allows for quicker games.

    That were my thoughts in the beginning too.
    I completely crushed some survivors and 4ked at 5 gens, but now that survivors understand how to play against her, I actually had games where I didnt get a single kill

Sign In or Register to comment.