Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Hillbilly Chainsaw Jank / Rift Task Frustration

It took me a good 20 matches to find a bunch of friendly Survivors who kindly let me hit them 7 times with Chainsaw for this god awful rift task:

Hooray for that being out of the way but omg. Has anyone else noticed how difficult it is to aim the Billy chainsaw to the comparatively easy-mode that Bubba possesses?

The jank is seriously strong with Billy's setup. I mean ######### is he using to calibrate his machinery a rock? lol. I've always thought of Billy to be more of an intellect than Billy but with his rig it's like I'm wielding a sack of angry cats.

Seriously Billy never used to be this hard. What's up people?

Comments

• Withered8Withered8 Member Posts: 1,144

You just gotta be patient with the saw. It's definitely not easy but backrevving ppl isn't hard once you get the hang of it. Also you've got to be rlly familiar and good at curving and playing loops without an antiloop to get consistent chainsaws. Not easy for ppl who aren't used to him, but once again once you learn it it's pretty easy.

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,665

I feel like these challenges were designed around old billy who didn't have a overheat mechanic hindering him.

With the overheat mechanic matches usually end before you will ever be able to get 7 chainsaw hits(Not even considering that 4 saw hits usually wins you the game in their own right).

• TricksTricks Member Posts: 957

I didn't think of that. What I did in the end was just down a survivor, dribble them till they got free in hope they got the hint I wasn't going to kill them. Took a good 20 matches of that till I found one with survivors of enough intellect to figure that out lol.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I did what you did and just went around downing people and not hooking them. It was hard playing with headphones unplugged tho...

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,818

I honestly thought this challenge would be a cake walk, and when I stopped getting awful trials it was, but I genuinely got a series of phantom saws against good survivors and it almost broke me. The one time I actually try to get 7 saws (which usually happens naturally, because I basically only play M2 Billy) and I get bugs on bad maps on good survivors. And also I magically forgot how to curve, but that actually wasn't that big of a deal because I was getting Hold-W trials.

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 2,869

Took me 1 match but I used to main Billy so that is the difference.

I rarely M1 with him, I can curve as well so it wasn't that bad.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Phantom saws and hitboxes are still a massive problem that they still haven't fixed in over 4 years, yet they found the time to kill his animations and camera, and give him a bunch of unnecessary fluff and add-ons that turn him into a joke killer. Smooth, BHVR. Very smooth

• xenofon13xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    edited November 2020

Overheat mechanic doesn't affect you to get 7 chainsaw. I got 9-10 on my first game.

The difference between old and current billy is that he is VERY clunky and buggy.

Obviously they hard nerfed his addons. And again, you can hit easily 7 chainsaws in one game if you're a decent billy.

• SeanzuDuckSeanzuDuck Member Posts: 6,289

There's an issue with the Billy (which is as old as time), basically when you saw someone there is an animation that plays as you cut through them, sometimes you'll be close enough to the survivor that you should hit them but it'll drop the saw, play the animation and nothing happens to the survivor.

• the_newthe_new Member Posts: 175

dude it easy just back rev them