We have been made aware of two new exploits that could potentially be abused to ruin the enjoyment of others. While our team investigates and fixes these issues, we will be banning players who abuse the following (in accordance of our game rules, which can be found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/):
- 2+ killers in a match exploit: Abusing bugs to join a public match a second killer
- Legion mend time exploit: Abusing a bug with Filthy Blade and Nasty Blade add-ons to greatly extend mending time

If you witness a player abusing the Legion mend time exploit, please be sure to report them through the in-game report system. There is no need to report the 2+ killers in a match exploit. We have access to data that will allow us to find the players abusing the exploit.

What if the player is the entity

KiraElijahKiraElijah Member Posts: 1,061
What if you are the entity? As you choose who enters the Trial. And you watch the Survivors, but watch killers from their perspective...

Comments

• PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 3,165
    *Slow clap*
  • GT_Legend2GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 752
    edited September 2018
    *Brain implodes*
  • PlippyPlippy Member Posts: 185

Oh no!

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 2,327

But then we have like over 50 thousand entities... right?

• KiraElijahKiraElijah Member Posts: 1,061
    Milo said:

O.o
  • AlonaAlona Member Posts: 38

@Milo said:

Maybe the entity isn't one being but rather much like the demon Legion or a hivemind.

Alona said:

@Milo said:

Maybe the entity isn't one being but rather much like the demon Legion or a hivemind.

Maybe...
  • RagnarökRagnarök Member Posts: 1
    That would be cool!
  • JiggilybitsJiggilybits Member Posts: 6
    What if it's a simulation inside a simulation inside a dream inside a microwave and we are all just TV dinners 
  • Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 1,636
  • RattmanRattman Member Posts: 535

I call bullshit! You can't see whole picture. Entity is the one who created this reality. Entity is the one who instill rules. Entity is the one who punishes killers [by nerfing them]. Entity is the one who feed hope [that DS will be nerfed].

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 3,329

@KiraElijah said:
    What if you are the entity? As you choose who enters the Trial. And you watch the Survivors, but watch killers from their perspective...

True or not i like this Thank you!

fcc2014 said:

@KiraElijah said:

True or not i like this Thank you!

:wink:
  • LyxfexLyxfex Member Posts: 8

Sadly the devs just confirm that the entity does not watch the rial therefore the player can't be the entity.

Lyxfex said:

Sadly the devs just confirm that the entity does not watch the rial therefore the player can't be the entity.

And then you came and smashed away our hope...
  • AtomicCPU3AtomicCPU3 Member Posts: 28

Devs: oh no there learning

• Detective_JonathanDetective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,025

I actually came up with this, it's either us or the devs that are The Entity, the devs bring in the new killer and the survivor, and we summon said survivor and killer.

• βLAKEβLAKE Member Posts: 351

The theories right now:

• PoppaSquatPoppaSquat Member Posts: 73

@Lyxfex said:

Right but haven't they hinted at the Entity being a mysterious being, and things in the Entities realm aren't always super straight forward?
    Sure the Entity might not watch the ritual, but only because its controlling every actor in that ritual.

So if we took this threads theory and ran with it, we (the players) act as the entities nervous system determining movements and actions/reactions, the devs (or designers) act as the architects of the realm taking these settings and characters and giving them a tangible representation and rules on which to function, and the server (currently killers machine, soon to be centralized server with any luck) is the manifestation of that realm.

In that way the entity is a being comprised of everyone who directly interacts with the realm, and as such with each new person that plays the game the entities power grows as though it were to manifest a new tendril granting it even further power and influence (the literal example here is the more people that buy the game the more money the game makes therefore more content can be added to the game).

Unfortunately I don't really think this is the direction they're heading in, but its fun to think about none the less

• Toxicity23Toxicity23 Member Posts: 154

Wow. Trippy.

• Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 2,418

@PoppaSquat Now I wish that was the direction they would run with. You just made the best thing I've read in regards to this.

• Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,650
    edited January 16
    No, no. Can't be.

If i were the entity, i would have moris for SWFs, and there would be more leather and chains... uhm forget that last part.
  • Shad03Shad03 Member Posts: 2,418

@Rebel_Raven said:
    No, no. Can't be.

If I would have moris for SWFs, and there would be more leather and chains... uhm forget that last part.

O.o

@Lyxfex said:

Right but haven't they hinted at the Entity being a mysterious being, and things in the Entities realm aren't always super straight forward?
    Sure the Entity might not watch the ritual, but only because its controlling every actor in that ritual.

So if we took this threads theory and ran with it, we (the players) act as the entities nervous system determining movements and actions/reactions, the devs (or designers) act as the architects of the realm taking these settings and characters and giving them a tangible representation and rules on which to function, and the server (currently killers machine, soon to be centralized server with any luck) is the manifestation of that realm.

In that way the entity is a being comprised of everyone who directly interacts with the realm, and as such with each new person that plays the game the entities power grows as though it were to manifest a new tendril granting it even further power and influence (the literal example here is the more people that buy the game the more money the game makes therefore more content can be added to the game).

Unfortunately I don't really think this is the direction they're heading in, but its fun to think about none the less

This guy made it even better
  • AetherBytesAetherBytes Member Posts: 44

@Lyxfex said:

What I find curious then is the "Beast of Prey" (I think thats its name) perk. It's the one where you lose connection to the entity, but then whats the point of this connection if the entity does not watch or participate in the games?