Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

I feel like DBD has been scaring off new killers

PipefishPipefish Member Posts: 331
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

This goes at least back to the Billy rework in my opinion. They made Billy a higher skill ceiling with his overheat mechanic and add on changes. Next they plan to give Freddy more of a skill ceiling. Not to mention the mori nerf that gave bad killers a chance to at least do decent. Its getting harder and harder now for new killers to play and excel.

I ain't referring to veteran killers by the way. You all got ruin undying which is overpowered if you know how to play the game. However if you are a new killer I feel this game is becoming more and more unwelcoming. Or maybe its just me, what you all think?

Edit: I forgot the matchmaking issues. Yeah that definitely takes the cake for the new players biggest struggle.

Post edited by Pipefish on

Comments

• sQuAdesQuAde Member Posts: 32

"often" like 1/10 matches ? Also, its not an issue if they're getting high rank survivors sometimes - as a matter of fact, that's good

they'll get a taste of how high rank survivors play, which it ain't a big difference because the general IQ between rank 1 survivors is below average.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 10,685

i would say new players in general have a bad time getting into this game. It’s of course different if you start with friends that are experienced in SWF but being a new soloQ surv is not any better than new killer player.

• R52GR52G Member Posts: 256

I feel. I started playing last March (2020) and I struggle a lot with playing killers such as Hillbilly, Nurse, Huntress, Deathslinger, Blight, and others to a point where I just think that I’m just bad as killer. I’m okay as other killers but not good with certain ones. I wish they’d do something where it would help people like me be able to practice these “higher skill” killers so I don’t look like an ass trying to saw through a tree when I aim for a survivor.

• sQuAdesQuAde Member Posts: 32
    edited December 2020

its not ridiculous lol, you will eventually get players 4+ ranks above your current rank

and it does NOT happen all the time, and you literally exaggerated a lot by stating that we """""""""should"""""""" match rank 20 survivors with rank 1 killers

that doesn't happen since 2017, and that's that. You will go against good survivors eventually, fact. You will get high rank killers such as 11-7 if you're 13, fact. The rank fluctuates but it doesn't fluctuate up to 10 RANKS. Your examples are completely ridiculous.

• FattiePoobumFattiePoobum Member Posts: 293
    edited December 2020

I don’t see why, killer is actually really strong when you first start playing.

Then the higher you go ruin+undying+tinkerer does the job for you.

new map reworks with huge dead zones and unsafe pallets.

honestly if you arnt playing against a sweat squad swf, you should be getting kills.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 13,380

"Also, its not an issue if they're getting high rank survivors." You literally just said that it doesn't matter, so why shouldn't we match new players against veterans? Unless, of course, that getting constantly stomped on by people isn't fun and conducive to a good experience.

It actually still happens. Either the MM screws up or their is a SWF. Rank takes the average of the 4 Survivors and tries to find a Killer within a few ranks of you. If your average Rank is 8, then the ideal Killer would be 6-10, for example.

However, since there are so many Survivors in Red Ranks, this often gets expanded to include more populous Ranks of Killers, which is why Rank 18 Killer's get matched with either Purple or Red Ranked Survivors fairly frequently.

• Rebel_RavenRebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,776

Matchmaking will probably be the biggest culprit.

You'd be surprised how often a low rank killer will run into green ranks, or higher.

Not just teams of them, but people powerleveling their homies. Neither one are likely to show mercy, or care they're stomping a 1 perk killer.

• RamblinRangoRamblinRango Member Posts: 389

Dead by Daylight has been around for a few years now, everyone is a pro or they watch a YouTube video and know how to act like pros

It is hard being a new anything in a game with years on it

• ChordycepsChordyceps Member Posts: 993

I don't think you can really call a perk combo OP if it can be removed entirely in as few as two bones if you're lucky. I kinda agree with the rest of the post though.

• BuckobenBuckoben Member Posts: 348
    edited December 2020

Hey remember that matchmaking doesn't work with brown and greens going up against red ranks all the time, but no need to throw a bone to the newer player that are getting stomped, oh wait they're leaving en masse 😱.

• meatisadelicacymeatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

The game is so much easier for new killers than new survivors, and it's not even close.

• SquirrelKnightSquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Thats fair, oh by the way, DS BT DH and UB would like a word with you. After all if you are doing bad you shouldnt get the escape in the first place

• SweetTerrorSweetTerror Member Posts: 2,435

I couldn't agree more. I started up a second account on Xbox (my main account is on PlayStation) and I use the second account to test out Killers I generally don't play with. Last night I played my very first Ghostface match. I was rank 20, and only had three level one perks to my name. Everyone else was purple rank, and had maxed out perks. After the experience I just had, had I been a new player, I never would have even considered playing another game.

• aGoodOldRubaGoodOldRub Member Posts: 267

True same reason keys should be nerfed too because it only helps bad survivors just like moris helped bad killers. It sucks on both parties when you are doing so well then boom mori ez game or boom key ez game.

• XXXPrinnyGodXXXXXXPrinnyGodXXX Member Posts: 31

It isnt just new killers just trying different killers even if you are seasoned is terrible due too the rank system. New players also dont have access too many useful perks so even if they do well once they hit purple they are DOA. With killers you are solo so you could get a match with 3 survivors like you but odds are at least one of the is going to be specced to bait, save, heal, ect

• JimPickens666JimPickens666 Member Posts: 326

Its not just new killers its old killers too and whats so ######### stupid is its for survivors but all they do is make the survivor side worse! They just nerf the ######### that makes playing killer worse, that's not the same as making survivor better! It makes survivors worse because it makes killers play in less fun ways to try and win, making the game worse for everyone! I just don't get what kind of balance that is