Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Prestige Reward Concepts!

TohmoTohmo Member Posts: 247

As an avid prestiger, I'd love to see some rewards for it so I thought I'd spitball some ideas.

1. Prestige Charms - Every single time you prestige, you get a bloody charm featuring a badge with the killer's respective perk icons on them. Prestige 1 would offer the character's level 30 teachable (Example a badge with Overwhelming Presence with Doctor's first prestige) and 2 would be level 35, and so on.
  2. ACTUAL Better Bloodwebs - As it currently stands the chance for better items in the bloodwebs are either minimal or non-existent. Maybe prestige exclusive offerings or add-ons (with a red backdrop entitled 'Prestige' instead of like 'Ultra Rare', etc.) , or higher rarity items.
  3. More BP Gain - This is relatively simple, but maybe a 10% increase in BP every Prestige would be nice.
  4. Cut Bloodweb Prices - Cutting down all prices by 500 Bloodpoints every prestige would really help with the grind and encourage people to Prestige their characters.
  5. Allow Event items to be kept - This is also really simple, but a lot of people like their event items and would greatly appreciate it if they were kept every prestige.
  6. Further Prestige Options - Going past Prestige III would be a really cool and interesting concept. One idea I can think of off the top of my head is going up to 6 where instead of getting bloody cosmetics you get a golden variant of your character (like Deathgarden!), and after that you could go up to 9 where you get golden AND bloody. Just something like that to make Prestiged characters actually kind of terrifying.

All of these were off the top of my head. Love to see any other community ideas.

Comments

• AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

Honestly this game has enough grinding in it so i don't want to prestige more after P3. I do think this is one way to go about prestiging and while it isn't bad I don't think reducing bloodweb prices is the best solution. However i do like that idea of getting slightly more BP for each prestige level you have on the character you play along with keeping event items.

The main problem i see regarding the grind in this game is how it is so difficult to get the perks you want the price of them does come into account but thats not the problem the main issue is simply RNG. The more perks that get added to this game the less likely it is to get the one you want. An idea i had regarding prestiging was a upgrade system where you could upgrade perks you get on the bloodweb to the next tier for a lot of blood points and the price for doing so is less depending on your prestige.

• Jyn_MojitoJyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515

I've made the choice to just not prestiege at ALL. I have a few characters I could do it for, but I just don't want to lose my perks only to get worse ones. So I just have particular survivor builds and I switch them out depending on the playstyle I want.

• EvanSnowWolfEvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

Honestly, #3 is more than fair considering the gigantic black hole that prestiging is on your blood points. Anyone that has spent the 1.5 million bloodpoints (or whatever the figure is) just to start OVER again would need to play for a decent while just get your investment back, much less make a "profit" off of it.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 2,791

More BP gain or even small % bp discount in bloodweb for that character, would be such an easy and fair fix, imo.

Otherwise, upping the rarities of items more than a notch extra would probably do the trick, too.

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,000

This is what I've been thinking about prestige and how to make it slightly better and also reduce the grind.

On regular and P1 you start getting T1 perks up to T3.

On p2 you start getting T2 and you can get T3 as well.

On p3 you start getting T3 perks instead of having to waste more bp for all perks.

You could also keep event stuff like cakes/flashlights/medkits etc.

• LycidasLycidas Member Posts: 949

I like it, for some reason they did the pro-empathy and pro-techincian charms for survivors but then stopped, that is a nice idea to "bring them back"

Meh, interesting on paper, but those addons would need to be balanced and bhvr should think about them every time they create a new character (at least for killers), so probably not the best option

This is one of the best solution IMO, but the numbers will probably never be that high 😔

Very nice one, that way if you prestige a character you need less and less bloodpoints to get all the perks at P3, I like it

Fucking yes, nothing else to add, I don't care about my purple toolbox/medkit, but that ######### 4th year anniversary flashlight is never coming back if I prestige my Feng. #########.

Nah man, that would simply destroy all the efforts you're doing to "lighten up" the prestige process, what's the point of giving a slight BP discount on the bloodweb if I have to do 6 or 9 times the prestige process?

My initial suggestions were similar to some you have:

Specific charms for each prestige (I was thinking about some "I", "II", "III" charms instead of the perks, but I like the perk idea), and a small BP boost, like an always active 5% per prestige bonus

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 5,852

More Prestige rewards: cool. I've prestiged my favorite survivors and am working on prestiging all killers.

More prestige levels beyond 3? No. [BAD WORD] no. Never. That would make all the BP I've put into killers and survivors after P350 a waste. No. No more grind. God, no.

• Fog_KingFog_King Member Posts: 688

I like most of the ideas, except if there is more after prestige 3, we can't lose perks after prestige or else I wouldn't want to do it, since I have characters that are P3 and have all perks.

• KSzerkerKSzerker Member Posts: 112

1. Not a bad idea.

2. No thanks. People who are able to play enough to grind prestige don't need more of an advantage over regular players.

3. See 2.

4. See 2.

5. Really only benefits survivors, and for what? People who are prestiged already rarely use their event items anyways. Stop hoarding digital items!

6. I've always felt Legacy Prestige was a mistake and the glowy cosmetics should've been added as Prestige 4-6. I doubt they'll ever add more tiers of Prestige, though, as it's more effort than BHVR probably cares to put in.

The whole point of prestiging is because you want more of a grind, with the cosmetic being a bonus. So I really don't think the grind needs to be reduced.

• Slendy4321Slendy4321 Member Posts: 604

I love this idea!! I almost have all my Survivors prestige 3 so I need something else to aim for. The grind will definitely be mood killing but I feel like the rewards would definitely make it worth while.

• CakeDutyCakeDuty Member Posts: 903

Honestly the best idea regarding prestiging that I've heard. As someone who has every survivor P3 lvl 50, I'd love that. I don't really care about prestiging killers, cause I don't get to see the bloody outfits anyway, but if the devs did this, then I'd definitely begin.

• ProfoundEndingProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,309

I'd like a charm of their achievement icons as well.