Home Rank update error and Disconnection Penalty

My first Disconnect punished me 24hr ban...

I had just gotten off a previous 24hr ban for disconnecting from the game which is not fair.

Then after waiting a full 24hrs, I play and DC again and have to wait ANOTHER 24 HOURS?

What the HELL is your problem BEHAVIOR? Do you want to lose fans of your game? Remove time bans.

Comments

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 12,625

Bans decay over time - so when your ban expires and you can play again, that does not mean that your timer has been set to 0 because the previous ban would not have decayed.

• FixThisGame69FixThisGame69 Member Posts: 97

I already seen your viewpoint in other threads mandy and I disagree with it.

I say it's worth it to remove time bans because this is just ridiculous. Why punish everyone just because some people purposefully DC? Don't let a few bad apples ruin the whole batch.

I play on XBOX ONE with my gf around 8pm to midnight, and when we BOTH DC, she gets NO TIME BAN AT ALL, and I get a 24hr ban??? How is this fair AT ALL? I AM MAD.

Also, this game is a bad experience for solo queue survivors about 80% of the time.

Killers are also stronger against unorganized pubs, so it's already hard enough as it is.

And me and my gf really enjoy playing together. Now we both have to wait 24 hours for the FIRST time ban of the day? Btw she never gets any disconnect penalties when we play together, only my account.

(Xbox one, 8pm-12am, and idk what "logs" are)

Me and my gf both play side by side with our xbox ones in the same room on the same internet. Her xbox is newer than mine. We play around 8pm-midnight. Guaranteed we disconnect every time at some point, maybe during the first match, or a few more afterwords. Most of my games vs freddy tends to DC too, idk why.

However, when our screens freeze on the gen or whatever u can interact with (Right Bumper on xbox controller) we know we got disconnected, but my gf's screen loads the disconnect faster than mine, and she gets no time ban at all.

Meanwhile, I get a 24 HOUR TIME BAN. AND I JUST GOT OFF A PREVIOUS 24HR TIME BAN. WHY DOES BEHAVIOR PUNISH INNOCENT PEOPLE? REMOVE TIME BANS!!!

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 12,625

Whilst you might disagree with my viewpoint, the fact of the matter is that DC's ruin the game for everyone else playing the game and the DC penalty was absolutely necessary. If you believe that you have an issue that is causing you to have the penalties unfairly (ie you're not trying to leave the game deliberately (ragequitting if you like)...then please contact support: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000836752

• Revzi100Revzi100 Member Posts: 456

check your internet connection, because 24-hour ban means you Dc a lot

• NazNaz Member Posts: 80

I feel your pain because i had two awful dc when i was about to survive and then i left a game where people were being toxic. I was banned a week. I stopped playing for a year over it because i thought i was in the right and i am a stubborn fool. Since coming back it's been better but i have dc'd about 5 times total. Each time i received a 5 minute ban. That's not bad. How many times did you dc to reach 24 hours?