Home Discussions General Discussions

Think The Game Could Profit Of Another Gameplay Modifier?

BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,988

Kind of a different term, but i mean the Obsession & Hex mechanics.

After Hexes became a thing, virtually no gameplay modifiers joined except maybe EGC & a Perk or 2 like Any Means Necessary.

You think the game could profit more by adding more ways to interact with the trial?

I would love to throw some examples at you, but i'm coming up empty, though i would really like to not be so bored anymore with Survivor, and i wouldn't mind enjoying some more Killers than i currently do.

Comments

• chieften333chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

*cough* * cough* early game slowdown *cough* *cough*

• AhoyWolfAhoyWolf Member Posts: 2,651

Breakable Walls also came to make Trials more interactive even tho most of the time they're doing a poor job...

What if there was a perk for a Survivor that allowed you to destroy Breakable Walls?

Also I think something like End Game Collapse is coming to the game, but it will work at the start of the trial.

• Chilli_man2400Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 644

I hope they can add something new with a new killer. Because we had 2 killers introduce new gameplay elements then that was it Michael Myers introduced the Obsession and made perks based around it and Hag introduced Hex perks I wish we got a new mechanic like hex’s and obsession

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,988
    edited December 2020

Oh yeah, those breakable thingies kinda just flew over my head.

I guess they are gameplay changers, but i wouldn't put them on the same pedestal as Obsession & Hex.

• SurpriseSurpriseSurpriseSurprise Member Posts: 1,916

Yep. Not sure what kind though, but here are a few spitball things:

Perks that have you start the Trial with a unique item. (Not like giving you a medkit at the start, more like: A bauble that increases healing speed, but you drop it when Injured, a Idol that can be placed in a Locker that procs Killer Instinct on The Killer when near, etc.).

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 2,491

Breakable windows, basically like breakable walls but instead of the killer vaulting it they permanently break it, only takes them 2 seconds to break it though

Buildable walls, basically change all breakable walls that exist in the survivors favor to be able to be built by survivors, 10 second interaction, killer break time based on how long into the interaction the survivor gets, 5 seconds = half break time ect. Closest to having 10 seconds for a survivor to make a predropped pallet

Loot cache able to save an extra item as survivor by putting the item in a specific place (idk where yet)

• ReverseVelocityReverseVelocity Member Posts: 405

I think a new mechanic to freshen the game up a bit would be really cool. I have no idea what it could be though.

• SurpriseSurpriseSurpriseSurprise Member Posts: 1,916

Disease/Vilify: Survivors afflicted with this spread it to others. The opposite of an Obsession.

Chained/Sprouting: Moving away from this point/object causes effects.

Shattered: What was once a single action is now spread (expand and refine on this)

hmm. though those are simply words. maybe only good for perk ideas.