Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.6.0 PTB is now available on Steam. For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231267

I Don't Think I've Ever Been This Negative On One Of Their Surveys

BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,961

The December event, the horror feel of the game, the last chapter...

Not that i regret having been that negative, i always try to be honest.

But this time it just meant it was a more brutal honesty coming from me than ever before on one of those.

Knowing whom it is that i'm about to ask: I imagine all you people weren't very positive on the survey either, right?

Comments

• carnage4ucarnage4u Member Posts: 338

People on Forums/reddit probably weren't too positive, but that is only a fraction of the player base.

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 1,053

Its impossible to not be negative on the last chapter questions.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 3,401

Well, I thought I would be more negative than I turned out to be. In the end my feedback was more ‚meh‘ than positive or negative

there weren’t really questions regarding the quality about last chapter right? I noticed that I didn’t get all questions when watching my partner fill out parts of it..

and I was okay with the ‚event‘, mainly because they said they don’t want to make this a big event but want to focus on Halloween and Anniversary. I was more negative on the last survey and will be on the Anniversary one if they dont show improvement..

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 2,383

I was negative on last couple. The focus on Twitter, email newsletter, and their store instead of the actual game was disappointing. For survivor asking if new perks were useful but for killer asks if they are fun - seems odd to not ask if both sides are useful and fun.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,961

They asked multiple questions about the Twins, which was like half of the added content in the last chapter.

• WretchedElkWretchedElk Member Posts: 123
    edited January 18

Looks like they have closed it.

Correction: I must have found an old link.

Post edited by WretchedElk on
  • DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 1,494

I was not that negative I think. But forgot to demand nerf of Elodies scream when hooked my tinnitus is not happy about that girl.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 3,043

IMO when a developer asks you to take a survey. It means they "know" they screwed up. They just want an idea of "how" bad.

• FogBringerFogBringer Member Posts: 444
    edited January 18

I was a mix between both negative & positive, but still kept it as constructive as possible.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 3,883

The metas for both sides are so 'set,' now, that the game is starting to become stale while simultaneously losing its horror appeal as a result.

More and more people are getting to "the stale point," but DBD's equivalent of Operation Health is always going to be a pipe dream :(

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 4,723

I was also very, very negative this survey, but mostly because they were asking irrelevant questions about horror and burying important questions about gameplay and player experience.

I don't care about the horror, I don't think they should even bother pretending that it's a horror title after a player has sunk 50+ hours, that shouldn't be the focus. The focus should be those hooked on the game and helping it print cash, not new players that aren't jaded AF.

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 3,401

That’s the thing: I got the question if I played the characters, answered with ‚yes played both‘ but didn’t get the following questions about them..

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 3,351

I'm always negative on every survey. I mean, not just negative to be negative, I'm being honest, and it's always constructive criticism. I'm a horror enthusiast, so for some things (like lore) I can point out why it doesn't work and how to fix it. Doesn't matter, though, they don't seem to understand game balance, horror, or how to write for digital media.