Home Q&A Questions
Question submissions are now open! If you have any questions you'd like to see answered in our next Q&A stream, ask them here. Please upvote the questions you'd like to see answered.

Do you guys intend on changing hook struggle?

MoshinokiMoshinoki Member Posts: 6

I get it that the reason behind spamming a key on hook was to make the game more immersive, but after 5 years it's become something useless, that just tires out the survivor. I think a different, non-spamming mechanic, such as with the Executioner's cages, would be much more appreciated by the playerbase

299 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• KawairashiKawairashi Member Posts: 24

Some maps you shouldn’t bother struggling because of the distance between hooks.

• LefrongoLefrongo Member Posts: 116

You could always use a macro, it doesn't count as cheating at all because you're still pressing something on your mouse/keyboard.

• TroutAmbushTroutAmbush Member Posts: 3

is that confirmed allowed by Behaviour? most companies i can think of take a 1 button, 1 action stance

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 1,298

doesn't matter.

It's not in the bannable offenses, it's not bannable.

• Alina100500Alina100500 Member Posts: 68

There is no macro on the console. And I don't want to use a macro on a PC, just do some skill checks.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 2,963

Please change to something where fps drops from triggers in the game won't screw over console survivors. Preferably a "press x once to let go" option.

• xParadisexParadise Member Posts: 5

PLEAAAASE...... make struggle a bit more chilly ...my mother thinks i am a maniac when i spam that space .

• then4321then4321 Member Posts: 220

I don't think you guys fully thought this through. Think about it, lets say you are the second to last survivor, you get hooked, you want to let go the hook early to let the last survivor have a chance at getting hatch.... with skill checks you can't do that.

Gotta start using more than 5% of your beautiful brains people.

• FxcksomeoneFxcksomeone Member Posts: 3

It could be like a skill check situation where you have to hit the skill check to struggle.

a great skill check can prolong the time on the hook and a good one prevents you from being sacrificed instantly

The skill check can stop when a survivor is in a 5 meter radius but the struggle time continues to go down until they’re unhooked or sacrificed.

• TroutAmbushTroutAmbush Member Posts: 3

i honestly completely stopped playing survivor because 80% of games i can't keep myself alive on hook struggle for longer than like 20 seconds or so. It's extremely frustrating at best and ableist at worst

• Jacoby2041Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 605
  • MooksMooks Member Posts: 4,474

So you are saying killers would have less reason to slug for the 4K? That’s actually another good reason to change struggle!

• jrinkwaterjrinkwater Member Posts: 332
    edited January 28

[BAD WORD] i posted this without searching. When i mentioned changing hook struggle in Clean's stream his mod told me they can't discuss and are talking internally about it.

Why not just let players hang there. Keep the animation change and not require anything UNTIL the last 15% or something where a player can then decide to bail with a button press. Obviously cage is a special mechanic, I would hate to see that carry over

Here is my take.

1. Letting go for giving hatch should not be a thing.

2. It grooms players to throw a game so they do not have to DC. Gives way too much of an easy out. They pressed Ready to play, let them figure out if a game can turn around instead of letting them be babies.

3. It is tedious, annoying, not immersive, and not engaging

4. It can bug out and not register your input

5. Unnecessary

6. Please do not make it skill checks.

Can we for the love of the heavens do some changes to this hook state that doesn't allow people to just give up the game instantly because they are petty, triggered, losing, or to give hatch escapes. As someone who plays both sides equally, it's annoying on both ends (obviously as a survivor much more).

• Another_LegionMainAnother_LegionMain Member Posts: 290

Why not hold x or space instead of mashing?