Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

We're gonna Live forever & Barbecue and Chilli

TemoriTemori Member Posts: 27
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

So why does Barbecue & Chilli gives you 100% more bloodpoints AND it reveals the aura of survivors. I mean I love using this perk, but We're gonna live forever also gives you 100% bloodpoints but there's no other "special effect". Also, perks are meant to help you ingame, but this perk only takes effect after game, which seems pointless for me

What do you think about it? I personally think that WGLF should get a new cool "extra"

Post edited by Temori on

Comments

• MyFreddyIsBaeMyFreddyIsBae Member Posts: 39
    WGLF is already superior to " No one left behind"   lol

I dont think it needs changes .  8-) 
  • Jack11803Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@MyFreddyIsBae said:

or maybe no one left behind should get a different effect? Maybe?

• TemoriTemori Member Posts: 27
    edited June 2018

@Runiver said:
    Because killers cannot afford a dead perk slot in their kit, while survivors can.

You could imagine something extra for WGLF for sure tho, but what would you get exactly ?

Dunno maybe something like, "After unhooking a survivor the aura of the killer is revealed for 2 seconds" or something like this

• RuniverRuniver Member Posts: 2,095

@Temori said:

@Runiver said:
    Because killers cannot afford a dead perk slot in their kit, while survivors can.

You could imagine something extra for WGLF for sure tho, but what would you get exactly ?

Dunno maybe something like, "After unhooking a survivor the aura of the killer is revealed for 2 seconds" or something like this

Would be definitely wrong for a simple reason :
    Showing the killer's aura to survivors is a HUGE way to reduce the scare factor, that is already super low in most rounds (sadly).

It's understandable on Kindred since it's situational and mostly against camping, so acceptable tho.

edited June 2018

@Runiver said:

@Temori said:

@Runiver said:

Showing the killer's aura to survivors is a HUGE way to reduce the scare factor, that is already super low in most rounds (sadly).

It's understandable on Kindred since it's situational and mostly against camping, so acceptable tho.

Ik but adding a perk to a game which only takes effect at the end of the game sounds stupid to me. And scare factor? I think everybody can agree, but the scare factor of Horror games constanly go down the more time you play the game.

Jack11803 said:

@MyFreddyIsBae said:

or maybe no one left behind should get a different effect? Maybe?

Yup, No one left behind should get a buff ^^ 
    But I think that WGLF shouldn't be changed. 
    Its already an awesome perk tbh  ::chuffed:
  • RuniverRuniver Member Posts: 2,095

@Temori said:

@Runiver said:

@Temori said:

@Runiver said:

Ik but adding a perk to a game which only takes effect at the end of the game sounds stupid to me. And scare factor? I think everybody can agree, but the scare factor of Horror games constanly go down the more time you play the game.

And you can also tell that being able to know where the killer is gonna come from/where he is at, is actually a huge way to make it even less scary tho.
    That's actually one of the reason that makes SWF to be way less scary and way more efficient.

And I agree, a perk for the sole reason to farm is actually very stupid.
    WGLF and BBQ should both be passives (for the BP aspect) and people should be able to pick perks for their interesting mecanics, not for the sake of grinding.

I actually posted a few reworks about that, including giving more points to gen repairs too, and such, to balance things out.

• VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@MyFreddyIsBae Aside from the fact that it can encourage farming teammates and acts as an empty perk slot otherwise.

@Visionmaker 100% yes :) 

@Visionmaker said:
    @MyFreddyIsBae Aside from the fact that it can encourage farming teammates and acts as an empty perk slot otherwise.

The emblemb system punishes ppl who farm teammates

@Runiver said:

@Temori said:

@Runiver said:

@Temori said:

@Runiver said:

And you can also tell that being able to know where the killer is gonna come from/where he is at, is actually a huge way to make it even less scary tho.
    That's actually one of the reason that makes SWF to be way less scary and way more efficient.

And I agree, a perk for the sole reason to farm is actually very stupid.
    WGLF and BBQ should both be passives (for the BP aspect) and people should be able to pick perks for their interesting mecanics, not for the sake of grinding.

I actually posted a few reworks about that, including giving more points to gen repairs too, and such, to balance things out.

I didn't read them yet, but It was just an quick example for an "extra". I'm not sure what to add, but its just stupid that this Perk, and perks are made to take effect ingame, takes effect after the game. But we both agree on this point :)

edited June 2018

@Temori said: Since when do people care about the emblems?

If they cared, they wouldn't be running with an empty perk slot.

@Temori I still get farmed lol

@MyFreddyIsBae said:
    @Temori I still get farmed lol

D A R N

• theagitatedapricottheagitatedapricot Member Posts: 78
    I think it should show the auras of survivors within like 8m of a hooked survivor. That way you know if someone is going for the save or not.

@theagitatedapricot said:
    I think it should show the auras of survivors within like 8m of a hooked survivor. That way you know if someone is going for the save or not.

So I can SB in and get the farm before them hehehe

@Visionmaker Exactly! :pirate:
    I have no idea where that pirate came from btw

@theagitatedapricot

Pirate is (no space, I only put it so it doesn’t turn into a pirate lol) : pirate :

@Jack11803 Oohh ok. I'm on mobile and I hit the guy with his tongue sticking out and it turned into the pirate somehow. :ohnoes:

@theagitatedapricot said:
    @Jack11803 Oohh ok. I'm on mobile and I hit the guy with his tongue sticking out and it turned into the pirate somehow. :ohnoes:

I’m on Mobile too, I just quoted your comment, and looked at it in HTML form

• GlebuGlebu Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2018
    Reverse bbq
    After you unhook someone the survivors that are 24/34/50 m close are revealed for 4 seconds
  • Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

BBQ got it's bloodpoint buff after WGLF got introduced and the survivor queue times for survivor skyrocketed, because so many player switched from killer to survivor to farm bloodpoints.
    It basically became a SURVIVOR ISSUE, to fix the queue times by giving the killer a similar perk and nerfing WGLF.
    The Devs just decided to pick BBQ for that, because it already had a weak bloodpoint buff that wasn't that good to begin with and so they buffed it up with a further incentetiv to NOT "tunnel".
    So BBQ solves 3 SURVIVOR issues: better queue times, less camping, less tunneling.
    Still survivor dare to complain about BBQ being to pwoerful.
    And survivor already have the better and more powerful perks and still they try to get more.

survivorlogic

• AlexAnarchyAlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

@Wolf74 said:
    BBQ got it's bloodpoint buff after WGLF got introduced and the survivor queue times for survivor skyrocketed, because so many player switched from killer to survivor to farm bloodpoints.
    It basically became a SURVIVOR ISSUE, to fix the queue times by giving the killer a similar perk and nerfing WGLF.
    The Devs just decided to pick BBQ for that, because it already had a weak bloodpoint buff that wasn't that good to begin with and so they buffed it up with a further incentetiv to NOT "tunnel".
    So BBQ solves 3 SURVIVOR issues: better queue times, less camping, less tunneling.
    And survivor already have the better and more powerful perks and still they try to get more.

survivorlogic

Exactly~

@Wolf74 said:

survivorlogic

I said I like using BBQ & Chilli and I play both sides Killer and Survivor. Im not complaining that BBQ and Chilli is too op, I'm complaining that WGLF is a perk that only takes effect at the end. Adding some cool extra, and idk what extra, would be great.

And I think it is stupid to say that survivors can have a "empty perk slot" because they already got "op" perks. Because the point of perks is that you get benefits ingame, and not only at the endscreen.

And I think everybody can agree - there are a lot of perks in Dead by Daylight that are completly trash and nobody is using them - for survivors & killers.

• Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Temori said:
    I said I like using BBQ & Chilli and I play both sides Killer and Survivor. Im not complaining that BBQ and Chilli is too op, I'm complaining that WGLF is a perk that only takes effect at the end. Adding some cool extra, and idk what extra, would be great.

And I think it is stupid to say that survivors can have a "empty perk slot" because they already got "op" perks. Because the point of perks is that you get benefits ingame, and not only at the endscreen.

And I think everybody can agree - there are a lot of perks in Dead by Daylight that are completly trash and nobody is using them - for survivors & killers.

Survivor do get an ingame effect from WGLF: better equipment.
    If they wouldn't farm more points with WGLF, their quality and amount of add ons and items would become less and less.
    But they can run more stuff, because of the extra BPs.
    And they trade this with an "empty perkslot".
    And yes, survivor are so op, they can get away with an "empty perkslot".

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Temori said:
    So why does Barbecue & Chilli gives you 100% more bloodpoints AND it reveals the aura of survivors. I mean I love using this perk, but We're gonna live forever also gives you 100% bloodpoints but there's no other "special effect". Also, perks are meant to help you ingame, but this perk only takes effect after game, which seems pointless for me

What do you think about it? I personally think that WGLF should get a new cool "extra"

Because you can gain tokens for WGLF in 2 ways, and for BBQ only in one way. Alsogaining stacks for WGLF is way easier, than for BBQ.