Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Make DbD bright again

I loved the old graphics back in the days, anyone else want this brightness as standard? I hate the new one, it's so dark it's hurting my eyes + flashlights burn even more my eyes now cuz of the adapting to the darkness.
And I'm not only talking from killer perspektive ,but also from survivor perspektive. As survivor I loved the old one even more, now I can't even see a claudette who is working with at a gen sometimes.

Comments

• SilasSilas Member Posts: 307

Wait #########... if you have his prestige weapon equipped it makes his traps prestige too?

I've had Trappy boy at P3 for the longest time now and haven't known that lol. Been using the machete.

I wouldn't mind if the lighting was random per match. Kind of like an unpredictable weather, you never know if there's going to be a clear sky or a storm brewing above you.

• AnotherRandyAnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
    Silas said:

I wouldn't mind if the lighting was random per match. Kind of like an unpredictable weather, you never know if there's going to be a clear sky or a storm brewing above you.

This would probably kill the fps of most if us, look how bad it's already optimized already after each update it's getting worse. But the idea would be really good, but not with these devs.. 

@AnotherRandy said:
    Silas said:

This would probably kill the fps of most if us, look how bad it's already optimized already after each update it's getting worse. But the idea would be really good, but not with these devs.. 

With the revenue they're raking in from the new chapters and cosmetics, hoping for better graphics and optimization isn't too far-fetched. If not applied in a later update, something with climate change and unpredictable weather (sometimes influenced by offerings) would be great to see in a sequel.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,585

I had a huge problem after the graphic upgrade as well. My monitor has a tendency to take dark screens and auto-dim itself for some reason. Made playing this game almost impossible for about a week. Only way I could address it is go into the Nvidia control panel and override the monitor's hardware and turn up the brightness 20% >_<

• jiminiejiminie Member Posts: 200

The hell, this looks so good

• DeadByFlashlightDeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

I cant even see myself as survivor, how is the killer supposed to see me?

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,203

@Silas said:
    Wait #########... if you have his prestige weapon equipped it makes his traps prestige too?

I've had Trappy boy at P3 for the longest time now and haven't known that lol. Been using the machete.

the traps are not prestiged or something like that, he used the tar bottleon them, so they are way darker than usual. the red shining you see is the usual red aura the traps have for the trapper, so he can spot them from around the map.

edited September 2018

@DeadByFlashlight said:

killers have a brighter vision than the survivors. most of the time, when a survivor thinks he is hidden perfectly, the killer can easily spot them, due to his brighter vision.

@AnotherRandy said:
    I loved the old graphics back in the days, anyone else want this brightness as standard? I hate the new one, it's so dark it's hurting my eyes + flashlights burn even more my eyes now cuz of the adapting to the darkness.
    And I'm not only talking from killer perspektive ,but also from survivor perspektive. As survivor I loved the old one even more, now I can't even see a claudette who is working with at a gen sometimes.

turn up your brightness? i have no problems at all, so i guess its on your part. or maybe you use different graphic settings. do NOT use designer for this game. DO NOT DO IT.

@Mister_xD said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

killers have a brighter vision than the survivors. most of the time, when a survivor thinks he is hidden perfectly, the killer can easily spot them, due to his brighter vision.

I am a killer main and I know how good claudettes blend into the environment, if you deny this fact then I cant help ya :wink:

@Mister_xD said:

@AnotherRandy said:

turn up your brightness? i have no problems at all, so i guess its on your part. or maybe you use different graphic settings. do NOT use designer for this game. DO NOT DO IT.

There are no graphic settings in DBD

• trappatrappa Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2018

download ReShade, activate AdaptiveFog and play with the rest of the settings to your desire.

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Mister_xD said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

I am a killer main and I know how good claudettes blend into the environment, if you deny this fact then I cant help ya :wink:

they do, but they are far from being impossible to spot ;)

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Mister_xD said:

@AnotherRandy said:

There are no graphic settings in DBD

i was talking about your PC...

@trappa said:
    download ReShade, activate AdaptiveFog and play with the rest of the settings to your desire.

mmmh... 3rd party software is a dangerous thing in this game... you might get a perma bann for that ;)

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 11,495

Omg it´s so beautiful. I can finally see.
    Yes, please, I want this so much!
    Maps are way to dark right now. Darkness is supposed to make the game feel a little scarier. But it´s only frustrating for killers.

@Mister_xD said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

Killers DON`T have a brighter vision than survivors. At least i don´t have a brighter vision.
    Here are some Freddy screenshots, i made to complain about how dark Freddys vision is.

edited September 2018

@Mister_xD said:
    mmmh... 3rd party software is a dangerous thing in this game... you might get a perma bann for that ;)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1700542968204193109/
    PlsDontPlayClown Moderator 14. Feb. um 23:36 Uhr
    It's whitelisted by EAC. You're good to go.

^ Forum Moderator

&

Post edited by trappa on

@Tsulan said:
    Maps are way to dark right now. Darkness is supposed to make the game feel a little scarier. But it´s only frustrating for killers.

@Mister_xD said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

Killers DON`T have a brighter vision than survivors. At least i don´t have a brighter vision.
    Here are some Freddy screenshots, i made to complain about how dark Freddys vision is.

well... freddy is... special... lets put it like that.
    tbh, freddys vision sucks xD its darker and more foggy than for other killers, so... yeah.
    im pretty sure any other killer has a brighter vision.

@trappa said:

@Mister_xD said:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1700542968204193109/
    PlsDontPlayClown Moderator 14. Feb. um 23:36 Uhr
    It's whitelisted by EAC. You're good to go.

^ Forum Moderator

&

oh okay :) didnt know that ^^
    thanks for the info though :+1:

@Mister_xD said:

@Tsulan said:

@Mister_xD said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

tbh, freddys vision sucks xD its darker and more foggy than for other killers, so... yeah.

I don´t think this is much better...

trappa said:

I was already using ReShade, if I remember correctly my whole gamescreen turned white ingame after activating AdaptiveFog. U know any solution to that?

@trappa said:

Giving that a try now.

Can you recommend a tutorial how to install this properly? Not sure if I did that correctly and I cant tell a difference ingame (probably messed it up :lol: )

@trappa said:

Giving that a try now.

Can you recommend a tutorial how to install this properly? Not sure if I did that correctly and I cant tell a difference ingame (probably messed it up :lol: )

U can get all informations on ReShade.me

@AnotherRandy said:
    DeadByFlashlight said:

@trappa said:

Giving that a try now.

U can get all informations on ReShade.me

I cant see a proper explanation at this webside.

I assumed that the proper patch is steamstuff / DBD / Binaries / Win64

Guess thats correct so far, but how do I know what stuff I have to install, I dont see proper explanation anywhere

I was already using ReShade, if I remember correctly my whole gamescreen turned white ingame after activating AdaptiveFog. U know any solution to that?

thats one downside. if you turn it up too high then if you go into the menu it gets really bright. it also gets very bright with a slight delay whenever you open up the left HUD like chosing characters etc. just hit the hotkey to disable and enable when in-game or leave it unchecked :p

@DeadByFlashlight said:

I assumed that the proper patch is steamstuff / DBD / Binaries / Win64

Guess thats correct so far, but how do I know what stuff I have to install, I dont see proper explanation anywhere

the path is right. when installing reshade, you need to browse to the DeadByDaylight-Win64-Shipping.exe.

then hit DirectX10+ and it should download all the available shaders. then in-game hit Shift+F2 and a UI should pop up.

Honestly, we shouldn´t be forced to use a third party program to play properly without damaging our eyesight.

Tsulan said:

Honestly, we shouldn´t be forced to use a third party program to play properly without damaging our eyesight.

Yet I didn't find any solution to get a blackscreen instead of a whitescreen if I get blinded 

@Tsulan said:

@Mister_xD said:

@Tsulan said:

@Mister_xD said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

I don´t think this is much better...

idk, it looks brighter for me...
    might be wrong though...

trappa said:

Can u share the exact preset of AdaptiveFog? For me for example some hair gets transparent like from the Spirit or Jake, but when I try to fix that the whole effect is not impressive like in ur Screenshots here