Home Dead by Daylight Forums Rank update error and Disconnection Penalty
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Game Rank Update Error

This has happened to me several times I didn't realize there was an area to address this. The most recent time was Jan 21st 2021 at 5:55pm Eastern Standard Time. I know this because I saved the video immediately. I play on PS4. I was a hag got a merciless killer victory on Rancid Abattoir. Each time I have gotten this bug was when I achieved a merciless killer victory or a double pip as a survivor. I have not see this happen with a single pip yet personally. Each time the game play is smooth no ping issue then on the score screen I get the 3 spiral claws of death and I go, [BAD WORD] here we go again. This time was slightly different than the rest because it put me back to the main screen and gave me a network failure which said, "Unable to retrieve ban status from server." I thought what how did I get banned I didn't even do anything, so I reloaded the game then I got connection error "Cannot connect to online services. Please try again later. Error Code: 8,024" so I reloaded the game a 3rd time and got the Game Rank Update Error or Player Level Update Error whatever its called and it not only took my 2 pips from the merciless killer victory, it took a 3rd pip as if I had lost a game. Every time I get the Game Rank Update Error I loose 3 pips of progress. I play at red rank level so it causes me to fluctuate between rank 5 and rank 4 is when I see this error the most but I have seen it going from rank 3 to rank 2 as well.

Comments

• Anti_BughuulAnti_Bughuul Member Posts: 8
    edited February 1

The last time before this that I have evidence for was December 28th, 2020 at 6:02pm Eastern Standard Time again a merciless killer victory this time as huntress on The Underground Complex, again going from rank 5 to rank 4 with a merciless killer victory double pip and coming out with the 3 spinning claws of death and losing 3 pips due to Player Level Update Error "An error has occurred and the game was unable to update your Player Level. Please restart your game. Error code: 401 Details: We're very sorry for the issue. The team is aware of this problem and are working towards a fix. We appreciate your patience! Player ID: (not gonna put) Timestamp: 2020.12.28-18.02.40"