Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Oni Hitbox - Is the Kanobo reach a hitbox issue or latency?

First of all really enjoy versing Oni because the time these killers put in on him is what makes him so rewarding. His power makes sense, is strong but has its fair counter play. Oh and so thrilling when you're performing well in chase against one. Topknot is frustrating but seems to be not abused like what it's actually capable of but I digress. This post is about his hitbox in power.

Now I see the reach of the kanobo and get it has extended range than his m1. However, some of the hits (especially on a flick) look so incredibly generous unlike any killer I've seen. Hillbilly doesn't even come close. Like you see kanobo hit on a complete tangent from where you actually are positioned and the hit is still paid. It seems very consistent so I'm wondering if this is a hitbox problem or a dedicated hit problem. Perhaps the slash box is way way bigger than the model of the kanobo presents?

Thank you.

Comments

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,937

I'm pretty sure it's a latency thing like most weird looking hits

• ASpazNamedSteveASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,783

It might actually be related to Oni's camera bug. When he downs someone with his power, his camera immediately flicks to a random different angle - making it look completely wrong.

Other than that, probs latency.

• whammigobambamwhammigobambam Member Posts: 1,164

That slam attack is aoe with how it hits round corners. I've just accepted it at this point and have adjusted the spacing in chase.

• Kees_TKees_T Member Posts: 807

It's latency. In your screen it can look like you're not close enough to be hit, but on his side you are, it's very easy to flick and hit with him.

• onemindonemind Member Posts: 3,089

Both he dose have a bigger hit box so sometimes you get hit when you didn't expect to and other times lag with hit box makes it look like questionable hits

• Toblerone007Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598

Yep aware it's AoE but it's good to hear even from killer side it can look very weird. I just posted to make sure it's not just me. I just don't know how to improve running an Oni when the hits are so haphazard. The flipside has happened too where I thought a hit should of paid but didn't except definitely occurs much less often than the former.

• NicholasNicholas Member Posts: 1,839

I wish obstacles like cars had stricter barriers and limits. This happens with many but mostly The Oni and The Deathslinger, they strike on a corner of some obstacle, and the weapon clips and still strikes you.