Dead by Daylight will be in Europe for the first time at Gamescom. If you are around the area, there will be a get together on Wednesday, August 21st at 6PM CEST! Come chat, drink, snack and have fun with DBD team members [18+]
To book your ticket:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dead-by-daylight-gamescom-meetup-tickets-68832392539

Dead by Daylight Cannot connect to online services: Error code 8014

Comments

• GrannyonAcidGrannyonAcid Member Posts: 161

@S0bY said:
    Same here Error 8014 , cannot connect and play i have a good PC: ATI RADEON R9 Strix , FX - 8350 , 16 GB DDRAM 3 , 1 TB Seagate Barracuda

It's certainly not you. I have a beast pc as well. Every game on the planet works for me. I'm assuming it might have something to do with the amount of people logging in for the event? Since it just started and all. I'm doing a reinstall right now.

• JuhonnaJuhonna Member Posts: 23

I can't connect either, getting different Errors each time :(

• TzunnyTzunny Member Posts: 1

Having it atm

• mcallisterbrittmcallisterbritt Member Posts: 41

I guess DBD down again my game will not load tryed everything to fix it but nope still not working

• GamzelloGamzello Member Posts: 683
    Same error code here, couldn’t play with my boyfriend on survive with friends. Keeps on saying I’m disconnecting from host as well.
  • Whispers23Whispers23 Member Posts: 111

It's working now.

• cuddle_monstarcuddle_monstar Member Posts: 3
    No it's not working. 
  • cuddle_monstarcuddle_monstar Member Posts: 3
    Cant connect on ps4 either.
  • TheGhoulTheGhoul Member Posts: 1

have a same issue , but in my case i got this error after bought 4 dlc , and i can't play until now . could you show me how to fix it ?

• Keene_KillsKeene_Kills Member Posts: 464

On PC and getting 8014 for the first time ever starting this morning. Played fine last night (and every subsequent time up to now). Never saw it before. Tried validating files through Steam, all was well there. Restart doesn't help. What gives?

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 3,536

Yes, I'm having this right now - it's being checked out

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 3,536

Just to add - I kept trying and it let me in on around the 10th attempt.

• NehalennyaNehalennya Member Posts: 10

I have this problem, too- sometimes it works again when I restart DBD a few times.

• NehalennyaNehalennya Member Posts: 10

the intro is normal... after there is loading message with "mirrors" it switches to Error 8014- i am glad I dont need any event items anymore- my friendlist in steam has those issues, too who need some of those event items to finish it...region: I am from Germany, those who told me to have the same error come from Germany, too and Turkey and Morocco.

• ShadowlessKhanShadowlessKhan Member Posts: 8

I almost got the last one I wanted before I started having this issue too. Everything was fine up till about an hour ago. I tried all the "fixes" said on the forums like updating my drivers, restarting the client, restarting my computer, turning off my anti virus, verifying game cache, turning off Steam overlay, etc. Even did a DNS flush but no go :(

• ZenorPlayerZenorPlayer Member Posts: 1

Pra min resolveu quando conectei minha internet em outra rede wi-fi, porque meu PC conectou automaticamente na rede errado por isso deu erro 8014. vai que ajuda alguém

To the min solved when I connected my internet in another wi-fi network, because my PC automatically connected in the wrong network so it gave error 8014. goes that helps somebody

• AngryMikeAngryMike Member Posts: 5

I ve got same error 8014

• SawamuraEririSawamuraEriri Member Posts: 1

I got the same error 8014 after I purchased the characters' DLC, I don't know whether it's relative to this problem.

• burak1998_20burak1998_20 Member Posts: 169
    I can't play this game i can try my wi-fi i can try my phone's internet but i can't join any server plase help me i want destroy my pc
  • LOLmakerLOLmaker Member Posts: 1

FIX FOUND!

Try starting up the game from your Steam library. If you run the game from your taskbar, that error message will appear.

this worked for me hopefully it works for anyone else looking for help.

LOLmaker said:

FIX FOUND!

Try starting up the game from your Steam library. If you run the game from your taskbar, that error message will appear.

this worked for me hopefully it works for anyone else looking for help.

I try but not working
    Nobody know this problem?
    ıf we are use vpn maybe worked
  • Causticwit75Causticwit75 Member Posts: 30

Hey @MandyTalk ....So I've been struggling with multiple issues since PTB launched actually. The typical 8014 error, Save Game Update errors at match end, Player Level Update Errors at match end. I'm not a novice with networking by any means. I tried the usual DNS flushes etc with no relief. I have been testing and digging in attempt to isolate whether the issue is on my end or DbD...or Steam. I do run a rather fancy home network setup with Ubiquity Router/Switch/Internet Security Gateway. What I've been finding is the problem isn't actually isolated to DbD. I'm getting error 105's more and more often with the built in steam browser attempting to view profiles from in game or even just browse them with the Steam Loader. So just my small contribution...I will update if I find a solution. Perhaps point your troubleshooters to the steam launchers DNS resolver, rather than the games own built in connection code? Hope this helps and I will update if I manage to track the error down. I'm about to try running directly connected to the Internet without my Firewall/Gateway and see if anything changes. I've flushed my gateways DNS cache and that hasnt helped more than short term.

I have got same problem i try cmd,upload again,I chanced ip,try phone's internet but result i live in turkey maybe it's help
  • FURIOUSFURIOUS Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2018

After three months using Windows 7 Pro to be able to play DBD without the 8014 connection error, I decided to give Windows 10 Pro another chance, I formatted today, I installed the game and incredible as it seems the game connected to the servers, I do not I know what really happened, I do not even know the reason why the game before just connected in Windows 7 for me, but now that the problem has been solved, I can finally use one of the best Windows ever released by Microsoft and updated, now I can play DBD with no connection problems. <3

• zORg_alexzORg_alex Member Posts: 10
    edited January 5

Yeah i just checked. I launched DeadByDaylight.exe got 8014. Launch the game through steam. Or steam link. I know it is nice to have it in start menu. But it does this for now. What about PS4 or XBox... Well I have no idea. Devs should be able to figure out what can cause this knowing PC's solution. @MandyTalk
    SOLUTION start the game from steam.

• bloxebloxe Member Posts: 81
    zORg_alex said:

Yeah i just checked. I launched DeadByDaylight.exe got 8014. Launch the game through steam. Or steam link. I know it is nice to have it in start menu. But it does this for now. What about PS4 or XBox... Well I have no idea. Devs should be able to figure out what can cause this knowing PC's solution. @MandyTalk
    SOLUTION start the game from steam.

We are [BAD WORD] on ps4 too. Cant login to play even a single game since last year.
  • bloxebloxe Member Posts: 81
    edited January 11
    This post a couple days ago had around 1k views, now 15k+... and not a single word from devs or mods about the issue.
  • ashaman1234ashaman1234 Member Posts: 1

Has anyone found a working fix for this, my wife is getting this message on her pc, but i can play all day on mine. Her game was working on the 9th, we played all day. Then the morning of the 10th it started to give her 8014. I have tried everything in this post to no avail....