For its year 3 anniversary, Dead by Daylight will be hosting its biggest livestream on May 31st at 3PM EST
Major reveals, drama, laughs, cries, surprises. It’s a date!

Dead by Daylight Cannot connect to online services: Error code 8014

124»

Comments

• shoopsshoops Member Posts: 3

1600 hours and never had this problem before and now I’ve spent all day trying to fix it.

from running as admin, to opening the game directly from steam, verifying the game, uninstalled it and uninstalled EAC and still nothing is working

• burak1998_20burak1998_20 Member Posts: 169

I Have got same problem since last week i try everything like you after i rebooted my laptop and it's worked if you haven't got a special documents in your pc/laptop you try reboot your computer it's worked to me but Unfortunately I can't guarantee

Thank you, I have tried this multiple times as well I’m and still getting the connection to servers error code unfortunately

• burak1998_20burak1998_20 Member Posts: 169

Hmm i don't know it's worked to me are you writing ticket to help center?

I did submit a ticket and they basically said they didn’t know and would get back to me

• omanoomano Member Posts: 15

I just got this error, it may not help everyone here, but the reason was my firewall was blocking the game executable, after a while trying to connect from menu, the firewall had a popup to authorize or block the application to communicate with internet.

My problem was just that communication of game executable was blocked by firewall and triggered error 8014 / no connection in game menu.

For the off topic I recently cleaned all my firewall rules to start over adding them back up one by one when needed, and for unknown reason all my Unreal Engine 4 games like Dead by Daylight do not trigger the firewall popup to authorize/block the communication (when seconds before Easy Anti Cheat does instantly), like it is not even trying to connect to the internet, but I think it is probably a bug with the security suite I use, ESET Internet Security, and UE4 based games.

So to avoid this issue I should have manually added the firewall rule for the game executable before launching it and I would not have had the error 8014. Waiting one or two minutes for the firewall popup to show is easier in case you don't know how to manually add rules in firewall.

I just leave the information in case someone has the issue and can fix the problem in his ESET or other security suite, if that is actually the problem.

• omanoomano Member Posts: 15

I just got this error, it may not help everyone here, but the reason was my firewall was blocking the game executable, after a while trying to connect from menu, the firewall had a popup to authorize or block the application to communicate with internet.

My problem was just that communication of game executable was blocked by firewall and triggered error 8014 / no connection in game menu.

For the off topic I recently cleaned all my firewall rules to start over adding them back up one by one when needed, and for unknown reason all my Unreal Engine 4 games like Dead by Daylight do not trigger the firewall popup to authorize/block the communication (when seconds before Easy Anti Cheat does instantly), like it is not even trying to connect to the internet, but I think it is probably a bug with the security suite I use, ESET Internet Security, and UE4 based games.

So to avoid this issue I should have manually added the firewall rule for the game executable before launching it and I would not have had the error 8014. Waiting one or two minutes for the firewall popup to show is easier in case you don't know how to manually add rules in firewall.

I just leave the information in case someone has the issue and can fix the problem.

• OrlandoOrlando Member Posts: 1

Is it just me who is getting Error code :8014?

• knorkedudeknorkedude Member Posts: 1

I got it too :(

• NinjaSurfer02NinjaSurfer02 Member Posts: 2

Hi i keep getting the error code 8015 when I start up the game and i don’t know why.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod Posts: 2,856

There are some connection issues in some regions on PS4. We are currently investigating the issue but don't have any updates at this time.

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member Posts: 203

I got the error just keep trying to get to the main menu until it lets you in

• ShatterglassShatterglass Member Posts: 1

I have found a fix that worked for me what you need to do is run dead by daylight go to the properties in task manager and make sure the compatibility for windows "X" is turned off then head to steam and go to dead by daylight right click and go to properties>local files>brows local files and then delete the easy anti cheat folder and after veridy integrity of game files and upon completion it should work (did for me at least)