Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

What killer do you think would be the most likely to show mercy?

Karao_KeKarao_Ke Member Posts: 1,217

Of course you can use lore to sway your decision, but I would personally prefer if you chose your answer from your own personal opinion.

I would probably say either Wraith or Plague opinion wise & Trapper lore wise.

I feel like Plague would take you in as her own to worship her religion & be your authority figure.

I feel like Wraith would genuinely feel bad for you & watch you escape the trial whilst being invisible to not scare you off.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,000

I'm also guessing wraith since he technically only went crazy after seeing what he was doing.

• jester20kjester20k Member Posts: 827

Plague, then spirit

• Karao_KeKarao_Ke Member Posts: 1,217
  • JarolJarol Member Posts: 1,985

Bubba has humanity, maybe he does not kill for fun but because he is afraid of people who harm him or his family, he looks like a terrifying giant but deep down he is a child. In its sequel, he did not want to kill the protagonist since he fell in love with her but his family did not accept her and out of fear, he decided to listen to them.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

As a Jeff main, I've been shown mercy a lot by Julie. I guess she thinks I'm cute with my halo head accessary.

• The rare Bubba trying to make up for the like dozen toxic ones that came before him.

Trapper is another one. Probably because they are such a low tier killer and have such a high skill ceiling that most people with that level patience honestly have no problem letting folks go.

On the other end of things I would say the least likely to let anyone go is a Clown; I've even had Spirits let me go but I have never seen a single clown hold back even once.

• DwightFairfieldDwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,247

Demogorgon

Can I ask why? Demo is cute n all but I feel like he would be the least likely.

Reason being the poor thing doesn't have morals & just wants a meal.

• malatrusemalatruse Member Posts: 712

Huntress but only if you're playing a female survivor.

How dare you try to plot a way to poison speedy boi.. let him shoot up his drugs in peace will ya.

• TheGannManTheGannMan Member Posts: 9,369

Spirit is a nice girl that just wanted to live a happy life. She’d show mercy in a heartbeat.

• SaintDorksSaintDorks Member Posts: 252

In game..It is usually a trapper who is most likely to show mercy.

In lore..Depends on many factors..But besides the one's already named.

I think If the Oni is in a good mood because someone who pissed him off he got to mori he would at least let someone go because he seems like the kind of jerk to be like "I am too joyous in the slaughter of the bastard who looped me all map..You can go now" He clearly has a ego and If It is stroked I can see him being somewhat nice.

The pig I think would let people go after they remove the beartrap unless she thinks they removed It too fast. Amanda had a habit of rigging games But It is explained in the movies It was cause Karmer's other follower was blackmailing her...So,I think If you are dying but you saved someone else while crawling she would give you the hatch out of at least honor of Karmer.

Ghostface, because Horor movies.."Someone gotta live for the next one"

I kind of wanna say deathslinger..But,I think only..Only If you give him whisky or a smoke. Similar to Oni he is prideful to a point...So,you might be able to get him to atleast stop trying to kill you for a few seconds If you ask him about his spear gun.

• YordsYords Member Posts: 5,749

Plague assuming the killers are sane

• Plague would be the most likely and I guess Wraith too and maybe Hag. I don't think anyone else would.

edited February 2021

I agree with everything except for Oni & Deathslinger..

I dunno.. maybe you could sway an Oni, but imo Deathslinger would shoot a harpoon through your body without hesitation, and definitely enjoy it. He gives me sadistic vibes lol.

The only thing that might earn an escape from him would be a Bunny Feng.. maybe..

• SirCrackenSirCracken Member Posts: 1,029

Not when said drugs make him start shooting towards me like a drunk figure skater on a greased-up motorcycle.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,894

Lorewise none but if you want to talk whose hypothetically the most likely

Honestly I'm surprised plague is showing up as much as she is. Considering she's completely devoted and considers The Entity her god there is no reason she has to be merciful to anybody and defy what The Entity wants.

Doctor, Freddy, Ghostface, Clown are are way too sadistic to even think about letting you go hell be glad they work for The Entity so they don't drag your death out.

Michael or PH yeah not going to happen.

Hag, Huntress and blight are probably too far gone

Legion most likely won't let you go (that goes for all four yes even Susie)

Deathslinger, Billy and Spirit are to wrapped up in misdirected hatred so no.

Bubba is too afraid of the Entity.

Charlotte won't especially if you hurt or threatened Victor

So that leaves Trapper, Wraith, Nurse.

Trapper might let you live however not out of any humanity but more out of a sense of defiance against The Entity.

Nurse especially looking at her mori is probably the only killer that still clings to a shred of humanity if anybody felt the too bad to kill you it would most likely be her.

Wraith to me as unknown I feel like a lot of people tend to see him as more innocent and merciful than he actually is however I don't really see any reason for him to be completely stuck in the entity's ways so it's on the fence for me

• bepisbepis Member Posts: 44

For some reason it's always a Doctor who decides to let me go, after shocking me for 2 minutes straight because it's fun i guess. On the other hand ive NEVER been spared by a Clown but it's understandable.

Lore wise i think Pig would consider letting you go if you show enough will to live

• MikeasaurusMikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,325

As a fairly regular Doctor player, yes, this is the reason. I find a strange joy hearing survivors scream. I don't know why, and it's a slight bit concerning but meh, I have fun. I also do it with Clown since I'm hot garbage as him.

To the OP's question, I've always thought Spirit would be the one to let someone go. Her backstory has always gotten to me. She was never meant to be a killer, she just became one because of her need for revenge against her Dad who brutally murdered her mother, then proceeded to do it to her. You see it in the lobby, the slight moment she seems to snap to reality and realise what she's become, and it always breaks my heart when her face goes from pure evil to pure fear and sadness.

Never thought that Trapper being merciful could just be his way of being defiant, well written man! I had a lot of fun reading this response (:

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,074

Just based on personal experience I find Wraiths and Ghostfaces probably give the hatch most often.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited February 2021

Wraith? The dude hits people he doesn't like the the spine of another guy he didn't like.

If the entity just made him think he was killing people like that guy; he absolutely would. I like to imagine the entity plays tricks on killer's minds to rope them into it's little game.