Home Bug Reporting
We're currently investigating an issue impacting rank resets on all platforms. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned for more info!

[PC] The Emblem System and Pips are broken

Comments

• Gingerninja77Gingerninja77 Member Posts: 6

Same issue here on xbox. I was the last person to die with 4 gens done and yet I didn't get an emblem so i depipped

• Mystaria13Mystaria13 Member Posts: 439

Yesterday i lost like 8 pips because of this bug then today I’ve pipped twice and it hasn’t added my pips back on my rank but it sure love taking them away. y’all need to fix your game cuz no one wanted these changes and then we gotta derank on top of these ugly animations and scattered hud? And when we do pip we don’t get those put back on our rank but it’s gonna take pips away when we restart app for no reason? i had to dc yesterday because of a hacker and i lost 3 pips and got a 30 minute penalty when i haven’t dced in over 24 hours. Fix your game or I’m done after almost 5 years of playing but your taking away everything i stay for so i bet you’ll lose a lot of players anyway.

• katzifilthkatzifilth Member Posts: 7

I have had the same problems. The Unbroken Emblem is either black or gold, nothing in between or over as far as I have seen. Also, when the game clearly shows I should have gotten at least a safety pip, it still says -1 and de-pips (screenshots below, you see the pip actually does get removed).

• TheMadCatTheMadCat Member Posts: 376
    edited February 10

I hope it'll be fixed very soon. I was rank 4 before the update and as I always got a missed emblem (which is often the Unbroken one), I depip each time, even when I do a good match...

Edition: I add a new screenshot, but seeing "Acknowledged" is great! Thank you, I hope to see a fix soon. :)

So, here, I got a +1, it's written 0, and as you can see at the top, I got a -1. It's confusing!

Post edited by TheMadCat on
  • LapisInfernalisLapisInfernalis Member Posts: 1,377

I was rank 2 and now I'm almost rank 5 again.

I will most likely play killer now till rank reset.

• KaitsjaKaitsja Member Posts: 159

This is also happening on PS4.

• jonezjuliajonezjulia Member Posts: 3

Y’all this is their way of putting us all slowly back to rank 20 🙄

• treffnixtreffnix Member Posts: 3
    edited February 10

PC/STEAM/PS4 TOO!!!!

CAN YOU FIX THIS CRAP PLEASE!!!

I GOT IT TODAY 8 TIMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE

• maaadinsomniacmaaadinsomniac Member Posts: 255

Custom games are like free derank lobby, I was R1, testing smth with friends and now I'm R3 2pips Online.

• Gingerninja77Gingerninja77 Member Posts: 6

This is also happening on xbox! The unbroken emblem is ironically broken. I either escape and get the emblem or die when the gens are finished or I'm the last one but get nothing.

• StigWH68StigWH68 Member Posts: 22

Why is it that every time there is an update, it keeps [BAD WORD] up the game !!!!

I had several games tonight where i got double pip and i got a black pip instead ???

FIX IT NOW !!!!!! FFS

• madradfoxmadradfox Member Posts: 143

This is not in any way related to custom games. I am a solo-survivor, who in over 2000 hours has never played a single custom game, and currently my rank has been in free-fall because of this.

It seemingly doesn't matter what I do as far as the currently broken Unbroken emblem: if I happen to die inside of the trial it blanks out regardless of how long I lasted for. Today, I also encountered two others bugs: the wrong Unbroken even when I escaped, as well as receiving the gold emblem when I in fact died on a hook. However, in the end it did not matter one bit what color emblem I received because even though I got past black pip I still depiped.

• DripdaddyDripdaddy Member Posts: 4

I really hope they fix this issue soon. almost impossible to pip up at red ranks now

• maaadinsomniacmaaadinsomniac Member Posts: 255

I mean it's broken in Custom games, same as Online, but one more bug is, when you lose your rank progress at Custom game it'll be used to Online games.

And for me, it was easier to keep my R1 Online, I can't depip somehow.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 2,951

Also broken on ps4. Was left to die on first hook in one match and then tunneled the next match. While it says +2 on both I did actually lose a pip each time.

• madradfoxmadradfox Member Posts: 143

Got ya! I also wonder if this has any effect on killers and their match points.

Aside from putting in 2000 hours into DBD in 2020, I am not much of a gamer. In fact, there are only 3 different tiles I have played in the last 3-4 months. Unfortunately, and in the last 24 hours, I have encountered some type of catastrophic issue with each one of them:

1. World War Z does not seem to be able to properly display textures in online matches for me, as well as final maps of all episodes not starting me,
    2. Stadia seemingly screwed me out of Hitman 2, which happened to be one of the free pro games in January I was 100% sure I already claimed, but which has seemingly disappeared from my library; a fact I only found out about after finishing Hitman 1 earlier yesterday, and getting presented with the Buy Now for $59.99 dialog when trying to move on to Hitman 2 campaign.
    3. And now the multiple bugs related to the 4.5.0 update in DBD

All that remains is minesweeper.....

• SebileoSebileo Member Posts: 1

I lost a pip today even if i got a black one. And also I lost a pip because a survivor left the loby while loading. My addons where gone too ...

• ShimmerBiscuitsShimmerBiscuits Member Posts: 18

The same thing is happening to me. I have deranked 2 levels today. If I black pip it takes away a pip if I pip up it just says 0 pips gained.

• Pepo01Pepo01 Member Posts: 2

Same bug... went from rank 2 with 3 pips to rank 3 with 2 pips...

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 2,951

So when it said +2 on pips when I should've had -1 I did received -1. I just had a match where I should've pipped +1, it said -2 and I went down -2. 😒

• swan_princess115swan_princess115 Member Posts: 3

This is also occurring on Switch.

Was a rank 4 with one pip. Played one match and now am back to a 5, despite the game telling me I black pipped for the match.

• CryptFriendCryptFriend Member Posts: 155

I just noticed this actually--I was so focused on the archive challenges, that I didn't notice I was steadily de-pipping until this game--thought it might have just been a visual change to the "progress" bar, but judging by everyone else, it's a bug...

• ShinonAyanamiShinonAyanami Member Posts: 2
    edited February 11

After losing 5 pips and deranking from Level 2 (with 4 pips) to 3 in a row I made some screenshots. Because in every round the "unbroken" sector is really broken XD. Being killed as third person or even last person doesnt give you any progress in "unbroken" sector in the most times. Thanks for this update. Really well made and your quality management really works well before releasing updates ;). In my last round I also got at DC when I was on hook in second phase. The same thing happend to a premate one round before -.- .

• KriminaLxRRKriminaLxRR Member Posts: 1

My friends and I are also having the same issues. We're on the ps4. Survival category is broke. And I'm guessing other categories might be too. Guess I'll find out tomorrow when I get on again.

@Peanits Is it possible to disable pips (or at least depipping) as long as it is broken? Rank Reset is in 2 days and we all are getting to ranks we shouldn't be.

Thank You.

• korfbalkorfbal Member Posts: 1

On PC. Just lost 3 pips in one single game. Hope they fix this soon

That's bad. I lost 2 complete ranks since the update. i was rank 2, now with one more depip i'm rank 5 again. I stopped playing survivor because of this and rank reset in 2 days.

• TheMadCatTheMadCat Member Posts: 376

I'm afraid of playing Survivor because now I'm Purple rank, I don't want to reach Green before the reset and being back to Yellow with no way to rank up even when I'm supposed to win a pip or two.