Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

OFFICIAL PLEASE PUT THE UI BACK TO OLD VERSION PETITION

Comments

• AntrapaceAntrapace Member Posts: 253

Appreciate the compliment but I can’t take credit for that, I had seen posted a while back when the PTB came out, another user then linked the picture under my original post. Whoever designed it is more than qualified to be working for them, that’s for sure!

• AntrapaceAntrapace Member Posts: 253

I’m not sure what they do with feedback, or the player satisfaction surveys... it’s almost as if it goes missing in the mail.

• JohnSharkJohnShark Member Posts: 88

You have my vote, the new hud looks awful.

• SkerpiTwitchSkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

The same post on reddit had like 15k upvotes, and it didn't matter. I doubt this thread will change anything

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 6,048
    edited February 2021

The new HUD is awful. I've explained why multiple times elsewhere, so no need to repeat most of it here, except I will say that having the survivor information vertical along the side of the screen is terrible for quick readability, and having some of the least important information of the entire HUD (the players' names) jutting out into the FOV is... #########, there are just so many terrible design decisions here.

• xSymanthaxSymantha Member Posts: 56

I really love that UI suggestion in your post. It looks really clean, concise, and on-brand for Dead By Daylight. If they can't revert back to the old UI, why not just use that suggestion/mock up? They already have the portraits and most of the assets to do it, but I don't have a clue about coding...

• mementomemento Member Posts: 150

They don't listen negative feedback at all, so the only effective way is not to play the game.

• xSymanthaxSymantha Member Posts: 56

@Slendy4321 That would be awesome as well. That way, it caters to everyone that has differing needs/preferences

• Slendy4321Slendy4321 Member Posts: 604

Exactly!!! Everyone gets what they want and the devs can keep in the new UI. Win-win

• HectorBrandoHectorBrando Member Posts: 3,040

The numbers will talk, if they see a drop in players and overall less player engagement (time people spend playing) or if they see an increase or they just keep the same.

• PhasmamainPhasmamain Member Posts: 10,384

Revert it for now while you work on a better version of the new one

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 5,318
    edited February 2021

Since I know. Devs will not put UI in its old place. So I keep the new UI placement, but make it cleaner.

Portraits on all the time: check

Arts are consistence in 2D flat style

Status are clear to see: check

Bars are clear to see: check

Yellow bar as Deep wound / Orange as Dying / Red as Hooked

Hooked bar isnt split into double halve. But rather depleted one (count forward another hook mark) then refill the bar. And continue.

• RyuzakiRyuzaki Member Posts: 686

I've resorted to scaling the new UI right down as it's causing me eyestrain and is distracting. I would rather play the game without a HUD right now.

• ShadowRainShadowRain Member Posts: 607
    edited February 2021

New UI and movement sucks so bad

• MadjuraMadjura Member Posts: 2,277

I have also set it to the lowest "size" (70% I think?) and that helps a lot. I recommend that anyone having issues tries this out, it's in the Settings menu (Steam version at least, I don't know if you can change it on console).

• Hyp3RHyp3R Member Posts: 14

Yep, did the same. I definitely prefer playing without any HUD right now.