Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

OFFICIAL PLEASE PUT THE UI BACK TO OLD VERSION PETITION

Comments

• Kalec84Kalec84 Member Posts: 493

Up this post... please revert or at least make it similar to the previous version

• ClassicSunClassicSun Member Posts: 8

I know they said they can’t, but honestly if they changed it once they can change it again. And good lord do I hope they do

• MeltingPenguinsMeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,615

I DO believe what queen meant was the entire old system behind the UI.

Changing the new system's LAYOUT to that of the old UI or one close to it shouldn't be a problem. And THAT is what people are asking for. We don't mind new features or small animations for the status icons, but we mind the layout (and the parts that clash with the design like the 3d portraits instead of e.g. the adept ones)

• HoleProofSockHoleProofSock Member Posts: 6

100% agree. Ps4 player here and the UI creates such a problem on my TV

• MrMayhemMrMayhem Member Posts: 1

The new ui feels unneeded, don't get me wrong, I am all for the icons being updated but to change the entire layout and make it so scattered is just odd to me. I thought the old ui was placed much nicer, and all the information I needed was organized and convenient.

I would have been much happier, had the devs updated the icons of the survivors but kept the layout...and they can change it back or move icons if they really wanted to. It's just sad to see the game change when it didn't need to. Giving players the ability to swap between new or old ui would be nice, or to change it to your own comfort.

• AuroraOnlineAuroraOnline Member Posts: 9

I mean I'm not playing the game till they fix the UI, or hitboxes, or both. I've got over 1k hours in the game and was gonna buy the new rift but oh well, dev's shoulda listen to us.

• gemjasgemjas Member Posts: 105

Not_Queen is answering questions on Discord now. This stood out to me, though. I'm not sure if I missed the context of her answer, and I'm hoping I am, but it sounds like they can revert the changes--but won't?

However, to be fair, Not_Queen also said:

"I am trying to get you answers but there are discussions happening at the moment between the team and I have to wait until these are resolved and a plan is cleared out before I can communicate about it."

So, maybe there's still a chance that things will be changed.

• senki527senki527 Member Posts: 275

yes, pls change UI and movement and hitbox. thx

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,943

To be fair,DbD mobile has (for whatever reason) a TON of features that the community wanted in the main game

• Nicky_SueNicky_Sue Member Posts: 1

As a new killer main, who plays ghostface, I find the new UI frustrating. When im trying to expose people, I have to take my eyes off the survivors just to see the progress. Plus its super small which makes it harder for me to see it at all. I dont really want to struggle to use my power when i'm already getting looped for 5 gens. Im not a fan of this new update.

• RybeRybe Member Posts: 43

It's so baaaddd. I was worried killer would be worse because you're generally, uhh, more busy. But to my surprise I hate it even MORE on survivor, cuz it's impossible to monitor teammate status during chase (did they get unhooked yet? Am I running the killer in a horrible direction?) And difficult to monitor while doing skill checks. And don't even bother casually monitoring gens. Like we'll get used to it but it makes life worse for literally no reason...

• ShizonShizon Member Posts: 13

git revert <sha>

git push

deploy to production

It literally takes 30 minutes including deployment time.

• Literally don't like the new update, UI is to spreaded out, the animation of the survivors, I think it was better when they were hunched over while standing and how they look now when their injured and running, yeah that's gonna be a no from me dawg.

• AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited February 2021

I have never seen a thread explode in popularity this fast, because of this impute along with others the devs are forced to acknowledge that nearly all of the community doesn't like the UI and parts of the animations among other things.

Im proud of you all!

• cannonballBcannonballB Member Posts: 368

I have two complaints and one suggestion

#1 - why is everything everywhere and disjointed? Looking at the top of the screen for the gen count is annoying at minimum. And to have it so far away from all other information! At least put it closer to the survivors. That info is freaking valuable and needs to be clustered.

#2 - if you're changing the hud with the character portraits, etc, then just use the same one for both sides. I know I'm in the minority in this specifically but there is zero reason to not have the hook tallys for the killer if you have them for the survivors. Why would you separate out that functionality? It doesn't even make sense. You made more dumb work for yourselves. Seriously. For killers who don't want to tunnel and have 4 blendettes, no, I can't tell which ones I've hooked. I don't like tunneling. Give me a damn tool to help me not tunnel!

A suggestion - put power/item information closer to, if not in the same area as, perks. That way if I'm watching my perks (whispers as an example) I can also easily tell how many traps I have (as pig as an example). Better yet, just let us put what info we want where on the screen. That'd be the best out of all of it.

• I cannot believe how badly they screwed this game up. I appreciate the devs for making the game and for their work, and I want this game to be successful, which is why I'm so, so disappointed by this update. I love this game, but I have uninstalled it and probably won't be playing much, if at all, until the UI at least is changed, and hopefully the animations, breakable walls, ten billion bugs, and other glaring issues as well.

• Outlaw64Outlaw64 Member Posts: 17

Not saying this out of malice, but it's time for people to speak loudly by just not playing anymore for a while until they take swift action. It's the best way to the fastest solution.

• Slendy4321Slendy4321 Member Posts: 604

Agreed. Haven't touched the game since the update released and I don't plan on touching it until it's fixed

• Deathslinger_MainDeathslinger_Main Member Posts: 75

Nooo. Go back please!!! Find a way to go back!

• Deathslinger_MainDeathslinger_Main Member Posts: 75

There are so many problems with this game in my opinion, and yes these were not one of them.

• alaenyiaalaenyia Member Posts: 550

If they could build this one everyone hates, they can get started right away building a new one that is more palatable and not reviled. I understand they may have scrapped the old system but they can always move forward building a new one that is more acceptable to the entire DbD community.