Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Hmmm...

FeelsVeryBadManFeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197
edited September 2018 in General Discussions

Can someone explain to me why the Perkless Wraith experiment isn't valid anymore? Killers had it worse back then and Marth still did it to prove the game was ok. Why is it not valid when the killers are in a much better place now?

Btw, why do you people still mention the Marth88 Depip experiment? That's not how high rank games go + the pipping system was changed. Also, Marth is literally destroying survivors on his streams, then why complain?

Comments

• xxaggieboyxxxxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498

there has been a ton of noobs at rank 1 because its really easy to pip as survivor now. thats why rank 1 is easy and people are getting rekt.

play killer at rank 1(or any rank) and get really smart survivors when all of them know how to loop then you will understand.

• FeelsVeryBadManFeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    there has been a ton of noobs at rank 1 because its really easy to pip as survivor now. thats why rank 1 is easy and people are getting rekt.

play killer at rank 1(or any rank) and get really smart survivors when all of them know how to loop then you will understand.

Pipping as a survivor was easier back then. I play killer and currently I'm at rank 3. It's kinda challenging but most of the time the survivors I get are immersed P3 Claudettes.

But my main question is: Why were survivors considered to be fine and not OP according to Marth88 and his experiment? Why are survivors so OP now ? I mean, they got nerfed a lot. Pallets removed, pallet vacuum removed among other stuff that really helped killers.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,582
    edited September 2018

@FeelsVeryBadMan said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

Pipping as a survivor was easier back then. I play killer and currently I'm at rank 3. It's kinda challenging but most of the time the survivors I get are immersed P3 Claudettes.

But my main question is: Why were survivors considered to be fine and not OP according to Marth88 and his experiment? Why are survivors so OP now ? I mean, they got nerfed a lot. Pallets removed, pallet vacuum removed among other stuff that really helped killers.

Because none of those nerfs address one very OP thing about Survivors.
    If they coordinate well enough (and you don't have to be SWF for that, though it does help), they can easily fix all Gens very quickly as long as they have someone else let the Killer chase them.
    Of course some Killers suffer more from this than others, because devs absolutely WANT some Killers to suck hard.

@xxaggieboyxx said:

The list of nerfs In game has killers nerfed way more than survivors that is an undeniable fact. Survivors have been nerfed in what ways? Pallet vacuum gone? Well they made the pallets drop quicker. Exhaustion doesn't recover while sprinting? Well now you lose it all when you are hooked and made some maps loop harder to loop/took them out... any more direct survivor nerfs? Buffing garbage killer perks doesn't count as a nerf to survivors btw.

they still can loop a pallet 2 times completely safe from a 115%movement speed killer. They can still loop windows with ease. 

You never understand game balance until you try your very best and get completely destroyed by survivors that know how to run in circles and when they aren't running in circles they do generators. 
  • OblitiryOblitiry Member Posts: 487

xxaggieboyxx said:

Because it's never enough to satisfy people. Give them a bite of ice cream and suddenly they want the whole tub.
  • I for one can’t wait for the day when devs balance a game based on what one of it’s very best players can do as opposed to, you know, a vast majority of its player base.

@Boss said:

@FeelsVeryBadMan said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

Because none of those nerfs address one very OP thing about Survivors.
    If they coordinate well enough (and you don't have to be SWF for that, though it does help), they can easily fix all Gens very quickly as long as they have someone else let the Killer chase them.
    Of course some Killers suffer more from this than others, because devs absolutely WANT some Killers to suck hard.

Well I do agree with that. The gens get done quickly and they should have another objective to give killers time but, from my perspective, idk if it's a good idea. You see, i'm in high ranks and when I play survivor I usually get people who don't even touch generators, making me the one doing like 3 of them by myself. And this is very common, I see this even when I play killer.

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    FeelsVeryBadMan said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

The list of nerfs In game has killers nerfed way more than survivors that is an undeniable fact. Survivors have been nerfed in what ways? Pallet vacuum gone? Well they made the pallets drop quicker. Exhaustion doesn't recover while sprinting? Well now you lose it all when you are hooked and made some maps loop harder to loop/took them out... any more direct survivor nerfs? Buffing garbage killer perks doesn't count as a nerf to survivors btw.

they still can loop a pallet 2 times completely safe from a 115%movement speed killer. They can still loop windows with ease. 

You never understand game balance until you try your very best and get completely destroyed by survivors that know how to run in circles and when they aren't running in circles they do generators. 

Yeah, but, pallets dropping quicker doesn't matter, you can still get hit through them. Exhaustion gone on hook is normal, even before this was implemented my exhaustion perk was almost always ready by the time I got unhooked.

Survivors loop, it makes sense, I see literally no other gameplay option for them, stealth is very weak because it gets pretty much deleted in most cases. When I'm chasing a survivor and he's looping me, I force him to drop the pallet so he doesn't loop me for another 2 / 3 circles. I don't respect pallets. Windows are extremely unsafe, especially with the game's hitboxes, most of the time I hit a survivor when he's already 10 meters behind the window, that is bullcrap. Not to mention, there are so many unsafe pallets and windows.

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    FeelsVeryBadMan said:

@xxaggieboyxx said:

Yeah, but, pallets dropping quicker doesn't matter, you can still get hit through them. Exhaustion gone on hook is normal, even before this was implemented my exhaustion perk was almost always ready by the time I got unhooked.

Survivors loop, it makes sense, I see literally no other gameplay option for them, stealth is very weak because it gets pretty much deleted in most cases. When I'm chasing a survivor and he's looping me, I force him to drop the pallet so he doesn't loop me for another 2 / 3 circles. I don't respect pallets. Windows are extremely unsafe, especially with the game's hitboxes, most of the time I hit a survivor when he's already 10 meters behind the window, that is bullcrap. Not to mention, there are so many unsafe pallets and windows.

Still don't see any more survivor nerfs. My main point was survivors are still op because of all the pallets that waste 20 seconds+ each and if people fail to window loop you they are just not very good. Survivors also appear to be more op because of all the killer nerfs they put out. It makes killers less strong therefore giving killers less of a chance to kill. 

Like I said before. Once you get destroyed and kill no one because of all the pallets, windows, safe havens, second chances. You will understand that survivors are op until then you can think this game is balanced and fair 

ps: playing nurse doesn't count 

I don't play Nurse, I already did get destroyed countless of times, but countless of times I destroyed Survivors.

If you can't kill atleast 1 then i'm sorry, it just probably means you're really bad. In my honest opinion, survivors are OP only when they want to. Most people play this game casually, not everyone is a big tryhard who brings insta-heals and other stuff like that. They are strong, but people really exaggerate and make it seem like it's impossible to play killer.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,638
    The point of the marth88 experiment is that its possible to do and it doesn't take much skill anyone (asides for week 1 noobs maybe) can do it and games shouldn't be like 4mins when it takes like 1min to catch 1 person on average... 
  • DeadByFlashlightDeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@FeelsVeryBadMan said:
    Can someone explain to me why the Perkless Wraith experiment isn't valid anymore? Killers had it worse back then and Marth still did it to prove the game was ok. Why is it not valid when the killers are in a much better place now?

Btw, why do you people still mention the Marth88 Depip experiment? That's not how high rank games go + the pipping system was changed. Also, Marth is literally destroying survivors on his streams, then why complain?

Everyone can reach rank 1 now, so that doesnt tell much tbh.
    If marth would play against his own depip squad, he woudl get rekt though :wink:

• OblitiryOblitiry Member Posts: 487

xxaggieboyxx said:

Because it's never enough to satisfy people. Give them a bite of ice cream and suddenly they will still want the whole tub.