Home Dead by Daylight Forums Optimization

Huge Frame Drop when status effects applied 4.5.1

Nudge4511Nudge4511 Member Posts: 34
edited February 2021 in Optimization

Since 4.5.1, every time a status effect is applied to the player, the frames drop and the game locks for about a second. I'm playing on the xbox one and have never really had heavy frame drops like this before.

It's getting to the point where the game feels almost unplayable. I've been playing with cross play and have messaged 20+ players also that are playing on the xbox one and have confirmed they too are getting the same drops where the game "pretty much freezes".

I looked to see if there's already an issue to see about frame issues with status effects but couldn't find one so created a new post.

10 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• JPLongstreetJPLongstreet Member Posts: 2,770

Been getting those same drops on my Xbox1x for years now

• KatzengottKatzengott Member Posts: 537

Do you get massive framedrops aswell when you run around a completed gen or any other bigger light source, especially on newer reworked maps ("The Game" is the worse map)? If that's the case, don't even bother to upgrade to X Series X any time soon...

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/228272/please-check-the-performance-fps-on-xbox-series-x

• ChiquitoChiquito Member Posts: 27

It's been really hard to play dbd this week 

plz fix that bug so we can play properly

• notstarboardnotstarboard Member Posts: 3,696

Just since 4.5.1? This has been happening to me for years on PC. I actually think it's gotten a bit better lately lol

• sneakolaisneakolai Member Posts: 16

I've had long stutter/stops when any status is applied, and not just to me. Wraith uncloaks? I freeze. Someone else dead-hards? I freeze. Sloppy Butcher is applied? I freeze. Someone starts breaking a totem with Thrill of the Hunt or Undying applied? I freeze.

Be nice if I could play the game.