Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

The rank system is genuine hell

BitingSeaBitingSea Member Posts: 332
edited February 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

The time I finally decide to play survivor I get a killer with NOED 3 times in a row, if I'm a rank 1 killer can someone explain why I'm not at least a green rank survivor already? Is a good system too hard to implement?

Post edited by MandyTalk on

Comments

• MoundshroudMoundshroud Member Posts: 4,460
    edited February 2021

A couple of things:

1. Killers don't have to rely on three other teammates, so by comparison reaching Rank-1 Survivor (playing Solo) can be a chore.
    2. Getting into the Red Ranks as part of a SWF is much easier. A rising tide lifts all boats.
    3. The Rank system has nothing to do with your problems because I assure you Rank has not been much of a factor in who you are getting matched with these days. A little over a month ago we entered the time of "taste the rainbow" and matches started (near as I can tell) being decided mostly by a first in and first out method to ensure the Ques keep moving. Rank is no longer the deciding factor. I went, for example from fighting all Red Rank SWF every match to nothing but colorful screens full of people who have no business fighting me. The same is true of Survivor; I'd have a Red Rank Killer after me and my team one game, and a Potato Demogorgon the next. The only thing dictating who is in your matches is need to keep the Ques going, i.e. the time of day and region in which you play.