Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

4 Trap Basement Trapper

TricksTricks Member Posts: 957
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

I found myself a bit rusty on Nurse after a months break so I tried out this trapper strat. I didn't read it anywhere but I'm wondering if it's a thing that other people do because it works really well lol.

All I need are 4 traps to win most matches on Trapper: (Killer shack must have basement)

Perks: Distressing / Unnerving Presence (for the mind-f4&k) and Iron Grip / Agitation to get them half way across map into basement 9 times out of 10

• Lay out 4 traps in grass around killer shack to start with
  • By this time I've usually got one Survivor down on a hook in the basement who I use to lure more to their inevitable doom
  • Once laid out pick up each trap and place one on either side of the window (one hidden in grass)
  • Place one at either entrance

A lot of preparation time and you'll usually get 1 to 3 gens pop before you get the ball rolling but once setup is complete they practically hook themselves.

XD

Comments

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 3,872

Once u go down, u never go up.

• ZeusZeus Member Posts: 2,112

if the person hooked or everyone else have kindred and if they know what's up then it's pretty much useless. It's just a complicated version of bubba's basement camp.

• TricksTricks Member Posts: 957

No need to face camp or even really proxy camp as the traps do that job for you. They'll only ever disarm one trap on the way down so you can re-set it by the time the hooked Survivor is rescued then their both skrewed (unless one of them has Dead Hard and they decide to DH over one of the two exits as it won't be possible for them to exit via window)

• ShirokinukatsukamiShirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Getting a survivor in the basement is huge for any killer.

If you choose to camp it and the survivors all don't decide to genrush it's easy to win.

If the 3 remaining survivors all decide to genrush (They all must commit to it) chances are that one basement kill is all you're going to get. They will finish the gens before the basement dude dies and then you better hope you had NoEd. If you are Trapper doing this the survivors will finish the gens long before you finish laying out your 4 traps in the basement.

But in most cases survivors will not genrush and will try for a save. And if you camp you will probably get a 4K.

Trapper, Hag and Leatherface are the best at it (and maybe Twins now) but any killer can do it.

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,016

As a trapper main, I Always set up a basement game just incase the game gets away from me. Its saved me soo many times.

Another basement game tip that works well is that survivors like to loop the basement perimeter edge as they like to find the saftest way in, sticking a trap anywhere around the building edge gets plenty of kills as they think they know where all your traps are :)