Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

As a killer main trying out survivor

It's been pretty fun for the most part even with green and yellow rank teammates (I'm rank 12 at the time of writing this). I've been playing nothing but killer for about 200 hours now but I gotta say I've really been missing out on the survivor side of things. It's really interesting to be on the other side of the looping process and even if my teammates infuriate me, it's helped me understand some survivor frustrations as well. Such as ruin, proxy camping, basement strats, selfish teammates, stupid teammates, basically the usual stuff survivors refer to as boring that isn't stuff that's survivor rule book levels or whiny. Trying out both sides is something I feel a lot more people should do in order to drop the "Us vs Them" mentality that goes on between survivors and killers and as someone who used to be like that, it's a silly thought process that will most likely be self-debunked after a good amount of games as the survivor. Although I miss the bloodpoints, it's definitely reminded me that DBD has two sides to the game and trying to villanize the other side does add this extra tensity to matches but in the end it's just gonna make you a bitter mess. So yea that's about it, basically just my extended version of saying "I like it and understand why people do like it."

Comments

• BitingSeaBitingSea Member Posts: 332

It's something a lot more people should do. It introduces you to basically another game and really lets you understand more things and let's you even get better as the other side because you can learn the mindset. There's basically no downside to expanding in this game, it's been a good time doing so. A lot of people just don't seem to think that another part of the game can be fun, when it seriously can be, definitely has gotten me back into DBD for another good while

• Grandpa_Crack_PipeGrandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 1,907

I appreciate that you're going out and understanding both sides of the game, and i'm glad you're enjoying it, too.

It's unbelievable that this is something that requires both praise and encouragement, but this is DbD.

• ukenickyukenicky Member Posts: 1,122

More people need to do this lol

It helps to be sensible and nice. Too much toxic in the community

• YordsYords Member Posts: 5,459

Yeah, I have always played both sides and I am disappointed to know that people are usually one or the other. As others have said, it allows you to see the problems both sides have to deal with and understand them. You are also missing out on a huge fun (yes, fun) experience and half of the game you spent 20+ dollars on.

• Hex_SaltHex_Salt Member Posts: 387

It'll also help your killer game. Understanding both sides is important to master either. I was similar to you. Survivor although infuriating if camped/tunneled is much less stressful than killer

• dspaceman20dspaceman20 Member Posts: 3,241

I admire your confidence to try the other side . As a survivor main I don't think I'm confident or good enough to play killer at least for a very long time.

• ShirokinukatsukamiShirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

I'm a die-hard survivor main. I love playing survivor because I went into DBD looking for a hide and seek experience as one of the "hiders."

That doesn't mean I don't play Killer though ettttttvery now and then (usually when survivor queues are terrible). I understand both sides of the coin.

Everyone should do it so they understand the game better.