Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Please just make hatchet hitboxes actually correct

It literally has the hitbox of a basketball, last time I checked hatchets weren't giant round hurt orbs, ffs how hard can it be to make the hitbox a rectangle

Comments

• CluelessWandererCluelessWanderer Member Posts: 509

I like it when I get hit by a hatchet around a corner...

• BitingSeaBitingSea Member Posts: 332

Half the time I'm hit by hatchets is when it's boulder sized hitbox seeps around the corner, it's even worse when they have bad connection

• GodLikeTerrorGodLikeTerror Member Posts: 1,054

Well hitboxes are incorrect for the huntress player also. A lot of times hatchets will just go through survivors or simply hit their character model splash blood, and not register without dead hard.

It's just inconsistent to the huntress and to the survivor, it can't be that hard to make a rectangle can it or is that just as far as the stars

I've seen that happen sometimes too, even as a survivor I'm pretty sure it happened to me once where it just passed through my shoulder

• ZarathosZarathos Member Posts: 1,629
    edited February 2021

They did alter the hitbox once before. Survivors became invulnerable to hatchets when vaulting. Also her hatchets girth is kinda designed with her wind up in mind you alter the hitboxes to lose width and you have effectively weakened a killer that is already suffering from additional loop debris on reworked maps. The increased number of indoor maps which massively limits her power potential and just general improvement of survivor reflexs when it comes to juking long range hatchets.

Shes probably been shadow nerfed the most because of how her power just plays so badly with modern dbd design. Ie indoor maps or large maps with lots of cover. It is a little frustrating to see all the talk around her center on only her strengths ie iri heads and big hatchet hitboxes but at least they changed her lullaby so its no longer directional.