2.6.0 is now available for download on all platform
The new content from Demise of the Faithful is available immediately in the in-game store. DLC is available on Steam / Playstation Store EU / Playstation Store NA / XBOX
Patch Notes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/patch-notes
Emblem blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/52295/the-emblem-system-changes-explained#latest
We are testing out new post formatting for the forum. There might be some issues present (white text, blank quotes, etc.), we are looking to resolve those. Thank you.

Devs "We wanna rework DS" also Devs "DS rework not satisfying"

So basically DS is this broken perk that requires you to do a skill check and its basically a get out of jail free card. But it seems the devs can't even figure how too nerf it to make it "satisfying" just remove the damn perk already its been stated its broken at any speed already. Just rip off the band aid and remove the damn perk stop stalling and do it....

Comments

• NickenzieNickenzie Member Posts: 3,173
    sorrowen said:

Well they obviously are too afraid to touch the perk....

They should make the perk have a condition such as unhooking a survivor 3 Times with a broken status effect penalty afterwards
  • sorrowensorrowen Member Posts: 264

Its not satisfying now lol and their excuse is its not "satisfying"

• iceman2kxiceman2kx Member Posts: 438

Quit crying, jeez. Yea DS SUCKS but I'd rather them delay it for another month or two than release an update where DS is barely even affected.

Until then, L2 slug. Leave the DS user crawling on the ground the entire game, at least make them suffer for their DS rather than pick them up and let them use it.

@iceman2kx said:
    Quit crying, jeez. Yea DS SUCKS but I'd rather them delay it for another month or two than release an update where DS is barely even affected.

Until then, L2 slug. Leave the DS user crawling on the ground the entire game, at least make them suffer for their DS rather than pick them up and let them use it.

I'd like not have to do that lol

• DeadByFlashlightDeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@iceman2kx said:

It is THREE TIMES easier now to heal a slugged survivor.

Just a coincidence?

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@iceman2kx said:

Just a coincidence?

So I guess I will spell this out. Unless you are running an obsession perk, you can tell which survivors use DS, because the only good obsession perk a survivor will use is DS.Therefore, 95% of your trials, the obsession is gonna be running DS.

If you slug the DS user and go chase someone else, you now have pressure on the map. 1 dying survivor, 1 survivor being chased, 1 survivor running to heal the DS and 1 survivor working on gens. Your alternative is to pick up the DS user, get stunned and continue the chase and getting looped by the same survivor. This is the tactic they are hoping you will fall for. You went from having 1 survivor working on gens to having 3 remain on gens.This means gen rush because you couldn't pressure the map.

Let the DS user bleed out if you have to. Slug them and move on until they fix DS. Or just continue getting owned by survivors and coming to the forums to QQ about it, really up to you.

^ some people -_-

• DeadByFlashlightDeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@iceman2kx said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@iceman2kx said:

Just a coincidence?

So I guess I will spell this out. Unless you are running an obsession perk, you can tell which survivors use DS, because the only good obsession perk a survivor will use is DS.Therefore, 95% of your trials, the obsession is gonna be running DS.

If you slug the DS user and go chase someone else, you now have pressure on the map. 1 dying survivor, 1 survivor being chased, 1 survivor running to heal the DS and 1 survivor working on gens. Your alternative is to pick up the DS user, get stunned and continue the chase and getting looped by the same survivor. This is the tactic they are hoping you will fall for. You went from having 1 survivor working on gens to having 3 remain on gens.This means gen rush because you couldn't pressure the map.

Let the DS user bleed out if you have to. Slug them and move on until they fix DS. Or just continue getting owned by survivors and coming to the forums to QQ about it, really up to you.

The problem with that slugging strategy is that picking up a slugged survivor will get three times easier with next patch, yes THREE TIMES as in 300% easier.

Slugging has already been extremely difficult to pull off vs SWF, now after the patch they can pick up each other while walking basically

They don't even know what they want it to be if they can't choose a perk change.

You're not slugging the entire team, just one person. It's not about it being a super effective strategy, it's about it being more effective than the alternative. If you're running Enduring and the DS user wasn't particularly good at looping and there's no pallets around, well that might be the better option than slugging. Other killers that mindlessly down/pick up a survivor/hook a survivor without thinking get owned by DS because they aren't using strategy. Like at all.

Just to make this clear, I am not defending DS at all. I hate the perk and I do my best to make the user suffer in my trials for it. There's just not too many effective strategies against DS so it's a pick your poison option here.

• BossBoss Member Posts: 3,355

@Tsulan said:
    The real question is: not satisfying for whom?

Well they got hit hard with negativity from just talking about touching Self Care, so i'd wager they wouldn't be satisfied with touching DS cause they'd probably get death threads from the horrible Survivor mains.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 4,876

@Boss said:

@Tsulan said:
    The real question is: not satisfying for whom?

Well they got hit hard with negativity from just talking about touching Self Care, so i'd wager they wouldn't be satisfied with touching DS cause they'd probably get death threads from the horrible Survivor mains.

Which means DS could end up with a buff.

@not_Queen said:
    The results were not satisfying for our team, there will be more details about why it wasn't good enough in it's current form during the YouTube Q&A on Thursday!

EDIT: typo

Thanks for answering :)

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 1,233

They're not even trying DS nerfs on the PTB. People need to stop expecting this change, it's never going to happen. Not after this past June when survivors destroyed the steam ratings. Ya just gotta deal with it.

This is a survivor's world and us killers are just along for the ride. :'(

They'll nerf it when they come up with a nerf that doesn't make it near useless.